The great winters of 79 & 09

cjb

I was 11 in 1979 and remember the freezing temps of -15 in perth.I lived in north muirton and can recall 10ft icicles hanging from the roof of our house.It was also the only year i can remember walking over the frozen river almond. Could this be on again this winter. ?

Just maybe check this.

www.theweatheroutlook.com:rolleyes:

Credit where it,s due this was posted on the 30th nov...........

Tell you what I will do for my fellow Saintees to make you feel better, I will post the temperature where I am every so often during the winter and you will think you are in Florida. For example tonight it will be -23c with windchill of -27c the rest of the week is going to be -29 -30c. There is 22 inches of ice on the ocean so they are getting the ice road ready. Merry Xmas to all and a Happy New Year

What the Hell ar you doing in Tuk, is that not the place where they filmed "Ice Road Truckers"? It's desolate, what the hell do you do there at night.............Ha!

What the Hell ar you doing in Tuk, is that not the place where they filmed "Ice Road Truckers"? It's desolate, what the hell do you do there at night.............Ha!
Thats the place we are getting the start of a blizzard as I type -34 right now they closed the ice road a few hours ago blowing snow and high winds the snow up here is like sand and gets hard drifts.The show made it look like it wis just them on the road but folk drive it when it opens in Dec. till close April 15, Well away to put snowtires on my Huskies. Happy New Year to all you Saintees.:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

I remember, I think the winter of 86-87, the diesel freezing in the buses if they didn't keep moving, and sitting on the Crieff bus down from the Sandeman while the driver ran a blow torch over the outside of the fuel tank. Which, in retrospect, seems quite a dangerous thing to have done...

I remember, I think the winter of 86-87, the diesel freezing in the buses if they didn't keep moving, and sitting on the Crieff bus down from the Sandeman while the driver ran a blow torch over the outside of the fuel tank. Which, in retrospect, seems quite a dangerous thing to have done...

This sounds like a great case study for Stagecoaches Safety Forums !