Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

Left Perth in Primary 3 in Northern District. Don't have strong opinions obviously. Will be thankful to a Mrs McKay who taught us Scottish history. She also taught me that it's bad to ridicule people as even now I remember her sending me and someone called Charles along to the Primary 1 class to be laughed at for mixing up b's anb d's ! :shock:

Edited by silver_blue

All teachers were the enemy. Never got on with any of them. Especially Austin Flynn Perth High.

On reflection Gerry Carr did a superb job.

Austin Flynn is now a good friend of mine.We play golf together from time to time. He's a great guy now and I thought he was a good teacher back then..

GC was sound as well. I met him a couple of years ago at the Methven Gala. He was looking very frail..Must be a decent age now..

Geography teacher Web was a wonderful guy.. Made work fun.

Actually, for all the bother I got into at the High School, I liked most of the teachers.. I am sure that never went both ways though :wink:

Mr Stevenson...Now there was an evil **** of a man...:evil:

All teachers were the enemy. Never got on with any of them. Especially Austin Flynn Perth High.

On reflection Gerry Carr did a superb job.

Never mind that, you oughta see the wee tecaher that works there now. No idea what she teaches or what her name is; she is petite, great legs, nice tits and drives a silver TT. If anyone knows her name, let me know and I'll take her Paris for St Valentine's day...

In fairness, Mr McLaren (PE) has to the best teacher ever. Not the brightest (which PE or Tech teacher is?) but a genuine guy. First guy to tell me I was born thirty years too late, he was spot on with that judgement.

Actually, for all the bother I got into at the High School, I liked most of the teachers.. I am sure that never went both ways though :wink:

Ally Webb was a sound boy. Retired the same year I left the High. See him occasionally at McDiarmid too.

Stevenson was a complete walloper. Also looked like Mr Bean.

Austin Flynn is now a good friend of mine.We play golf together from time to time. He's a great guy now and I thought he was a good teacher back then..

GC was sound as well. I met him a couple of years ago at the Methven Gala. He was looking very frail..Must be a decent age now..

Must agree Stevenson the Music teacher was a deranged psychopath - I would love to hear from any one who had him after the Belt was banned - how did he manage ? Oh and a guy called Nichol who taught Languages - I had him for German - a complete cock who was in love with himself.

Must agree Stevenson the Music teacher was a deranged psychopath - I would love to hear from any one who had him after the Belt was banned - how did he manage ? Oh and a guy called Nichol who taught Languages - I had him for German - a complete cock who was in love with himself.

He had a few mental outbursts certainly although a lot of the time you could tell he was about to explode he would just leave the room. He used to always have a stupid thing he'd say when someone asked to go for a pish.

"Mr Stevenson can I go to the toilet please?"

".....I don't know if you can.......but you may."

Also Mr Nichol (aka Sweaty Dave). Never had him as a teacher but he always seemed on edge whenever he was about. I'm sure I got sent to him one day for doing something naughty in Mrs Newhall's class.

He had a few mental outbursts certainly although a lot of the time you could tell he was about to explode he would just leave the room. He used to always have a stupid thing he'd say when someone asked to go for a pish.

"Mr Stevenson can I go to the toilet please?"

".....I don't know if you can.......but you may."

Also Mr Nichol (aka Sweaty Dave). Never had him as a teacher but he always seemed on edge whenever he was about. I'm sure I got sent to him one day for doing something naughty in Mrs Newhall's class.

:laugh: Ha Ha Ha would have loved to have seen that !

Flynn's bark was worse than his bite. He gave me hell once for making a pen launching bazooka out of the compressed air things on the tech benches which was fair do's.

Same with Whitehead in chemistry. Fearsome reputation but a genuine guy trying to get his students to pass.

Stevenson was a vindictive creature. We egged his house tho so it's OK folks :)

Sweaty Dave Nichol used to stay across the road from me. More gold jewellery than BA Baracus. Creepy guy.

Mr Menzies (It's Mingis, laddie!) was a fvcking psychopath. As was hairyfaced spinster and totalitarian maths teacher Mrs Lennon.

Loved the history boys. Ravanelli, Lombardo and the legened that was Airchy Hogg (if you wore a crash helmet you'd look like a pencil, nnngggg).

Top of the class was Mr Thorburn. Great guy and superb teacher.

Flynn's bark was worse than his bite. He gave me hell once for making a pen launching bazooka out of the compressed air things on the tech benches which was fair do's.

Same with Whitehead in chemistry. Fearsome reputation but a genuine guy trying to get his students to pass.

Stevenson was a vindictive creature. We egged his house tho so it's OK folks :)

Sweaty Dave Nichol used to stay across the road from me. More gold jewellery than BA Baracus. Creepy guy.

Mr Menzies (It's Mingis, laddie!) was a fvcking psychopath. As was hairyfaced spinster and totalitarian maths teacher Mrs Lennon.

Loved the history boys. Ravanelli, Lombardo and the legened that was Airchy Hogg (if you wore a crash helmet you'd look like a pencil, nnngggg).

Top of the class was Mr Thorburn. Great guy and superb teacher.

Mr Hogg was a legend... As was Ally Webb - great banter.

Miss Hutchison was right pain in the arse.

I'll agree with you on Mr Whitehead - took the piss out of all his students but was always pretty spot on...

Leishman?

Nah SLF means Bubbly Joe McLearn.. P.E. He once punched me in the puss in the games hall so I smacked him accross the back with a cricket bat. And because he'd lost the plot and hit me, he did nothing about me walloping him with the bat apart from refusing to speak to me again and banning me from the cricket team..Daft b******

Any one mind oh Ned Hunter and Hodge from The Academy???? couple of right bas......rds!!!

Indeed I do - I married Mr Hodge's neice 21 years ago. At school he wasn't the most popular, but lets be honest about it who was particularly interested in music then (1st / 2nd year). In later years I found him to be a very funny and intersting person to talk to. RIP.