Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

• 4 weeks later...

He was my teacher at the old Crieff road aswell , remember him talking us to Dalkieth to a Basketball game in late 70,s , sure the team he played for were called "Dalkieth Saints " which I thought was pretty cool .

Pretty sure they lost that night aswell.

Remember playing basketball against said mr Anton !

Charlie Winton who was a techie teacher at Perth High was some man...... His approach to health and safety was to have the entire class stand on their work benches singing .........never leave a chuck key in a chuck, cha cha cha. must have worked as still remember today !!

Charlie Winton was some guy - always remember the clapped ourtStandard 8 he used to travel to the High in.   Some of the Tecky staff there were off wall completely. I remember Bob Halliday strapping the whole class at the start of a techy drawing class to save him doing it during the lesson.

Delighted to have met John Anton in Culloden yesterday. John was a PE teacher at Perth Academy and played for Tommy Campbell's Balbeggie Rovers when I was there as a young lad.

John now works for Basketball Scotland.

I am sure John Anton was in my year at Perth Academy - would he be in his late 50's?

• 1 year later...

Baldy Miller who used tae be Corky's wing man now deid.

I remember him well, taught me Latin, somehow or other I managed to get an O grade! I found him firm but fair, at Christmas dances he really knew how to get things going.

His son David was in my year, he became a renowned professor in California, something in electronics I believe.

RIP

• 3 years later...
19 hours ago, grr said:

“Archie” Hogg died in Aberdeen on January 2nd after a very short illness.

Very sorry to hear this, "airchie" was a great teacher and we gave him a pretty hard start to his teaching life (circa 1972-76) but he survived that to carry on to a successful teaching career.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about Archie Hogg

Always had great laughs in his class... and he had a nickname for everyone  in those less politically correct days! 

He used to drink in the Barossa Street Saints club and one day he was in my mum asked him if he would drop some stuff off for me at Aberdeen University! To her surprise he agreed and over the four years I was there he will do that about once a month!  Always had a funny comment and a grrrrrr for me every time he saw me  but clearly had a heart of gold 

RIP Archie