Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

"the poor wee soul, hope he recovers soon"

when i say bullied, i mean punched and kicked by kids. For every Cowie who may have abused his position, there also seems to be a Budgie who couldnt do their job because of scummy kids who ruined what could have been a decent school.

<Edit> WTF is up with the quote function today?

History/Latin and Classics IIRC

Edited by canuck_saint

• 2 months later...

There's a death notice in todays Perthshire Advertiser for Mrs Gordon (retired music teacher at Perth Grammar). Her service is at Perth Crematorium on Monday 27th May at 2pm.

Legend of a woman, I was a wee fccxxx at school,but Mrs Gordon was good teacher. I hate to say but most teachers around that time at grammar were horrible, I got kicked out, no grades/qualifications grrrrrr

• 4 months later...

Perth High early to mid 80s

Archie Hogg, History - Good guy/expertly handled hangovers every Monday morning. Miss Gibbs and her cat called Tits, English - Good lass ( still use that cake recipe). Miss Hutchinson, Maths - Grumpy Bovine, Mrs Nichol, Music - Massive lungs. Miss Sherry (Might have that wrong), Art I think - Subject of many dirty thoughts. Austin Flynn, Tech - Legend! Bubbly Joe, P.E - legendary comb-over. Mr.Blacklaw, P.E., Possibly now running torture department at secret C.I.A prison. Jock 'the cock' Gray, P.E., Bam. Mr.Millar, Biology - Weirdo of the highest order (Later convicted for weirdoness) Mr.MacPuff, Geography - Moving target for snowball throwing practice (Extra points for knocking the pipe out of his mouth). Mr.Algernon Razzmatazz Webb, Geography - Best teacher ever. Mr.Fogg, History - Bit strange but not in a creepy way. Mrs.Newhall, German - Will always have a soft spot for her...quicksand. Gerry Carr, Did he ever teach anything or was he just there to catch skivers? - Caught me skiving off down the island just as I was about to get Susan's knickers off, so he's a Grade A t***, never forgive him for that. Mr.Fyffe, Tech - Tosser. Miss Grassic, Geography - Hairy legs. Mr.Agnew, Rector - Actually a no bad lad. Let me off with being a cheeky little shit on many occasions. Mr.Gove, Assisant rector I think - Stole my regal king size once too often, so chunt. Fat Alec the Janitor, Janitor - Knew I was a single ciggy pusher and didn't give a monkey's chuff :-)

Perth High early to mid 80s

Archie Hogg, History - Good guy/expertly handled hangovers every Monday morning. Miss Gibbs and her cat called Tits, English - Good lass ( still use that cake recipe). Miss Hutchinson, Maths - Grumpy Bovine, Mrs Nichol, Music - Massive lungs. Miss Sherry (Might have that wrong), Art I think - Subject of many dirty thoughts. Austin Flynn, Tech - Legend! Bubbly Joe, P.E - legendary comb-over. Mr.Blacklaw, P.E., Possibly now running torture department at secret C.I.A prison. Jock 'the cock' Gray, P.E., Bam. Mr.Millar, Biology - Weirdo of the highest order (Later convicted for weirdoness) Mr.MacPuff, Geography - Moving target for snowball throwing practice (Extra points for knocking the pipe out of his mouth). Mr.Algernon Razzmatazz Webb, Geography - Best teacher ever. Mr.Fogg, History - Bit strange but not in a creepy way. Mrs.Newhall, German - Will always have a soft spot for her...quicksand. Gerry Carr, Did he ever teach anything or was he just there to catch skivers? - Caught me skiving off down the island just as I was about to get Susan's knickers off, so he's a Grade A t***, never forgive him for that. Mr.Fyffe, Tech - Tosser. Miss Grassic, Geography - Hairy legs. Mr.Agnew, Rector - Actually a no bad lad. Let me off with being a cheeky little shit on many occasions. Mr.Gove, Assisant rector I think - Stole my regal king size once too often, so chunt. Fat Alec the Janitor, Janitor - Knew I was a single ciggy pusher and didn't give a monkey's chuff :-)

Some quality memories in there!!

Archie Hogg used to hack like f**k at the Youth Club fitba....there was no holding back!!

Did Miss Sherry not become Mrs Thomas and taught English I think??

Aye mind Jock Gray got done for shoplifting fae Tesco....and the next PE everyone brought their kit in in Tesco's bags

The other PE teacher was Mr Christie (I think) and could always be talked into just letting us do football, regardless of what we were meant to be doing that session.

Mr Nicol the French teacher - overpowering aftershave reek...Granny Fraser the French teacher....sure we thought she was about 80.

Sampson the Techie teacher was a tough nut from the old school era

Yogi Young the Assistant Rector was actually not a bad lad

Archie Hogg knew how to break legs but the low body count points to a softer side to the man. Was he not diddling one of the home economics teachers?

I think it was Miss Gibbs that became Mrs. Thomas but that was after my time. I'm sure she ran the local Jim Morrison appreciation society and wore dresses that looked like a they were knocked up out of an old pair of floral curtains. She certainly suffered from self inflicted short term memory problems off those cakes. Miss. Sherry was an entirely different shape. Many a game of pocket snooker going on in her class. :laugh:

Jock the cock's Tesco steak pie takeaway pales into insignificance when Millar's literal bawgaggery is the benchmark for creepy teachers http://www.thefreelibrary.com/JAIL+FOR+BIOLOGY+PERV+WHO+ABUSED+GIRLS%3B+Teacher+made+victim+kick+him.-a0128691791

Sair ain like :shock:

The High School from 1961 to 65, Hector the rector, I was always in trouble because I wore a blazer that did not have the PHS badge on it. We tore the knickers off a prefect in the guys loo as she followed us in to stop us smoking, and believe it or not I ended up working beside her when I left, and went to work in The Potato Marketing Board, in York Place. Happy days!!!!

The High School from 1961 to 65, Hector the rector, I was always in trouble because I wore a blazer that did not have the PHS badge on it. We tore the knickers off a prefect in the guys loo as she followed us in to stop us smoking, and believe it or not I ended up working beside her when I left, and went to work in The Potato Marketing Board, in York Place. Happy days!!!!

The Potato Marketing Board...............love it :)

What craziness went on there then?

English teacher Miss Jolly became Mrs Thomas. She had a superb pair of mams and was also a great teacher.. Gove was simply a sadistic chunt who lost the rag at the slightest thing. Was always fun to get him wound up enough that the big vein in his head started bulging. I swear he was on the edge of a massive coronary more than once. Sampson was my guidance teacher and for 3 years I spent more time with him and Mrs Lennon ( manky green tank top/cardy) than anyone else. Myself and a good few of my contemporaries spend every break standing ootside the staff room for the best part of these three years.. We were the "Conduct sheet brigade" I met Sam about 20 years after I left as he was in a relationship with the mother of someone I worked for. Given the shit I was at school, he was tremendously friendly.A very quiet spoken man but as an adult I found him to be a lovely guy.

As for Austin Flynn, just a top guy then and still a top guy now. Shared many a drink with him in the greyfriars and still speak to him regularly on facebook...

Oh the memories...

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Mrs Whatley no sure of spelling. Grammar School big bushy black hair and big diddies, Very 1st english lesson me and my mate were sitting in front of her, She noticed us giggling about her tits. We both got a punishment exercise home " i must not be distracted by others "

she loved it and knew it

Mrs Whatley no sure of spelling. Grammar School big bushy black hair and big diddies, Very 1st english lesson me and my mate were sitting in front of her, She noticed us giggling about her tits. We both got a punishment exercise home " i must not be distracted by UDDERS "

she loved it and knew it

Sorted :laugh: