Ian Younger Sixes(Queen's Park 29 th May 2010

Updated 16 Jan 2010

The St.johnstone supporters team of old, and now Ormond Saints have a brilliant and a 20 odd year old assosiation with the Queens park supporters team , and every year they hold a fun style tournament at lesser hampden in glasgow.This is a fun style competition (drink involved) and not to be taken to seriously.The day it self is set into two groups,the younger and slightly more serious tournament, and the masters(OVER 30)

I have once again been invited to enter a team in the Ian Younger 6 s and a second team in the masters. The day, which would include an early start from perth, playing in about half a dozen 12 minute games, with the bar open at the same time(yes you can have a pint between games) This is followed by a presentation(You will be expected to attend ) of the trophys, a football quiz, a buffet and drinking till about one in the morning, i should also mention that there are loads of football songs ,and dancing to ska, punk ect, not a lot of wuman though, just guys making complete arses of them selfs!!!

Are you up for a good day/night out?

are you willing to compete in a tournament , that is in the main for fun? I am now asking for a squad of arround 7 for the Ian Younger 6s(younger lads) and about the same for the Masters(OVER 30), that would allow us with officials ect to take a 16 seater mini bus so i would imagine seats will go fast therefore the first 7 over 30's and first 7 younger players come up with a £10 deposit by 1st April or before ,will secure a place

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone unsure, i will vouch for gav and say it's a cracking day oot.

I played a couple o times a few years ago when i was maybe 20 or 21, was great fun. Agree about the birds, or lack of them, but we all prefer football anyway so it's not to worry.

If in doubt, check it out........

Aye but you said you've been invited to enter a masters team, does that mean its over 30's only and your not entering a younger team?

Sorry the first post(Now edited to suit) is slightly misleeding if you Read the lines between Ians letter and The Message Copied and pasted for last years tournament ,when we were an older team and were invited to the Masters!! Due to the set up of our team We will more than likely be gauranteed one place, more than sure to be in the Ian Younger 6,s (under30,s) I have asked Ian if we can enter a second team for the older and regular attenders like Eric Kelman, , Sandy, myself ect and await Ians answer!! Watch this space! so to speak!!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Squad to date:

Ian Younger Squad(Under 30)

Fernie Confirmed

CalConfirmed

Kaylor Confirmed

Gav McDConfirmed

Paul McDowell Confirmed

Neil McDonald

Masters SquadOver 30

Gav S Confirmed

Eric

Craig Taylor Confirmed

Elvis Confirmed

Alan Kelman confirmed

Dave Robb

Im not sure on martin and Craigs exact age, just thrown them in the masters the now for balance

Not sure still to confirm:

Sure Darryl Bain said he was interested but cant find any record of it.Andy Muir whats the script with you??Beej?Nugets?

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 1 month later...