Game Off

taylorboy69

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picture of the car park there - http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=644

and del in the record said this -

"McInnes yesterday battled through the snows which have swamped Perth only to find McDiarmid Park was a no-go area.

Eight inches of snow blanketed the pitch and car park and he was forced to give his squad an unexpected holiday. He said: "Even the diesel had frozen in the club's tractor so we couldn't get the road into the stadium cleared. The temperature was minus 12 coming into the city.

"Some of the boys got to the ground and managed a bit of gym work. But we had no choice but to call off training.""

Del was obviously not told of the 'no tractors mentioned when talking to the press' policy.

picture of the car park there - http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=644

and del in the record said this -

"McInnes yesterday battled through the snows which have swamped Perth only to find McDiarmid Park was a no-go area.

Eight inches of snow blanketed the pitch and car park and he was forced to give his squad an unexpected holiday. He said: "Even the diesel had frozen in the club's tractor so we couldn't get the road into the stadium cleared. The temperature was minus 12 coming into the city.

"Some of the boys got to the ground and managed a bit of gym work. But we had no choice but to call off training.""

Del was obviously not told of the 'no tractors mentioned when talking to the press' policy.

Ha! astute observation......

no surprise there then...... better that than a farce and loosing, where as play it on a better surface we have a good chance at home of getting a result.

Have to say, I think the opposite is the case - Saints would have been going into this one off the back of two wins, with a bit of momentum, and being that it's the festive season there'd have been a good chance of a better-than-usual home crowd to get behind the team. I really fancied Saints chances of giving Hibs a bit of a doing tomorrow night, but who knows now what sort of form we might be in when the game eventually happens.

Have to say, I think the opposite is the case - Saints would have been going into this one off the back of two wins, with a bit of momentum, and being that it's the festive season there'd have been a good chance of a better-than-usual home crowd to get behind the team. I really fancied Saints chances of giving Hibs a bit of a doing tomorrow night, but who knows now what sort of form we might be in when the game eventually happens.

My thoughts too. I think the fact they played on Sunday would have been to our advantage as well.

Personally speaking I'm delighted not to be heading down the A9 because I'm daft enough to have headed to the game despite the weather! :roll:

Aye but now we take this momentum into arguabely a more important game at Falkirk!

Not surprised YOU disagree .......

You are surprised the game is off?? obviously you are oblivious to conditions in perth .

if the game had went ahead in farcical conditions and we loose you probably would have been the 1st to moan about the game being on :roll:

i do agree however that in ideal conditions coming off the back of 2 wins and a good support at home it would be a good to keep the run going ... but am afraid the weather has put pay to that and who knows we may even be in better form when it is played,

So not for the first time i think the opposite of you..........

Not surprised YOU disagree .......

You are surprised the game is off?? obviously you are oblivious to conditions in perth .

So not for the first time i think the opposite of you..........

Hey Bobby, I think you've picked BH up wrong? I don't think he said he was surprised the game is off, did he? :?

Maybe i did but i have posted my reply now ....... :wink:

but he did say he thought the opposite to my post which did include no surprise the game was off.....

Saints have already said they were confident both the stadium & playing surface would be fine so not sure where the farcical playing conditions come from.

Yes there's lots of snow in Perth but there seems to be a growing momentum of calling games off due to conditions outwith the stadiums. 4 games (so far) have been called off in the past few days, all with perfectly playable pitches.

Plenty people have gotten to work today, been shopping, visited family, walked the dog etc etc. so i'm sure we could have managed to get to a fitba game.