Game Off

taylorboy69

Saints have already said they were confident both the stadium & playing surface would be fine so not sure where the farcical playing conditions come from.

Yes there's lots of snow in Perth but there seems to be a growing momentum of calling games off due to conditions outwith the stadiums. 4 games (so far) have been called off in the past few days, all with perfectly playable pitches.

Plenty people have gotten to work today, been shopping, visited family, walked the dog etc etc. so i'm sure we could have managed to get to a fitba game.

How many thousands go to shopping centres etc in the snow and bravely live to tell the tale?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints have already said they were confident both the stadium & playing surface would be fine so not sure where the farcical playing conditions come from.

Yes there's lots of snow in Perth but there seems to be a growing momentum of calling games off due to conditions outwith the stadiums. 4 games (so far) have been called off in the past few days, all with perfectly playable pitches.

Plenty people have gotten to work today, been shopping, visited family, walked the dog etc etc. so i'm sure we could have managed to get to a fitba game.

You clearly have not seen Perth in the last 3/4 days!!! have you???Even if the game had gone ahead , who was going to enjoy it in sub zero temps????

You clearly have not seen Perth in the last 3/4 days!!! have you???Even if the game had gone ahead , who was going to enjoy it in sub zero temps????

I haven't seen Perth but clearly theres a lot of snow there. I'm not just talking about our game though.

Will the Rangers - Utd game be called off. Surely it has to be for the safety of the Utd fans. A dangerous precedent is being set.

If our game was live on Sky i'm sure the car park would be well on the way to being cleared by now. The truth is it looks like most of the teams don't really want to play this midweek for various reasons.

I think we could have done something against Hibs...it's dissapointing.

its going to be sub zero temps for the next few months you t***.!!!!

I hear what you are saying , although where the t*** comes from i dont really know!!!perhaps i am a t*** for not looking forward to a NIGHT game in sub zero temps as low as minus 8, where as at if its a 3 pm kick off it might only be - 1.Im just glad it is off to be truthfull, ach! im away to look up t*** in the dictionary!!!

come up and see for yourself or believe people who are telling you the situation instead of posting things you cant even comment on...

dont know why the club saiad that (if they did ta all) NO WAY was it going to be cleared of all the snow and be made safe, thats why its called off so early . they havent even made an attempt to clear it away. 8 inches over a large area then where do you put it?

Also the surrounding roads near the ground are piled with snow, so for fs stop yer greeting and listen for a change :shock:

Edited by bobby kemp

its going to be sub zero temps for the next few months you t***.!!!!

bit strong is it not ........ he was only telling YOU how it is

so YOU KNOW its going to be sub zero for the next couple of months AYE RIGHTO..

YOU SHOULD MAKE MILLIONS BEING A WEATHERMAN good luck hope YOUR not made to look a t*** instead :wink:

I haven't seen Perth but clearly theres a lot of snow there. I'm not just talking about our game though.

Will the Rangers - Utd game be called off. Surely it has to be for the safety of the Utd fans. A dangerous precedent is being set.

If our game was live on Sky i'm sure the car park would be well on the way to being cleared by now. The truth is it looks like most of the teams don't really want to play this midweek for various reasons.

I think we could have done something against Hibs...it's dissapointing.

I dont see how it could have been, as others have said , where do you put acres of 8 inch snow??And add to that the dangerous conditions in the streets near by!!I know older people who have never been out of the house due to the conditions never mind go to a game, And i dont think you can compare Perth(Loads of snow and freezing conditions) with Rangers, as i have heard Glasgow is now where near as bad as Perth, and any Utd fan WANTING to travell would simply by pass Perth, admitadlly parts of the road near Gleneagles are very bad though, think its more down to conditions near the ground though.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT