Refunds........

MUZZ

What part of " I dont give a toot what you charged" did you not understand.

Clearly, you do.

I was explaining to the OTHER posters ( of whom I have had ZERO respect ) that these people would not be " down"

Clearly, they are.

Even if they paid 50 bloody pence, they paid to get to Falkirk and back.

They got EXACTLY what they paid for!

They paid for transport to enable them to attend the SPL match between Falkirk FC and St Johnstone FC. The match didn't take place. If they want to attend the re-arranged match they will need to pay again for transport.

Way , way too many over reactions here!

The biggest one from you.

Edited by 1884

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of " I dont give a toot what you charged" did you not understand.

I was explaining to the OTHER posters ( of whom I have had ZERO respect ) that these people would not be " down"

Even if they paid 50 bloody pence, they paid to get to Falkirk and back.

They got EXACTLY what they paid for!

Way , way too many over reactions here!

Ainslie I can see what you are saying. But those that went on the bus to Falkirk did not go on the bus for a wee fun trip they went to see the football match, which was cancelled, They are therefore out of pocket.

Just read through this thread again, and others relating to Saturday's call-off.

If only the game hadn't been postponed, we're all bickering with each other!:sad:

I have some sympathy with Falkirk FC with regards their financial losses from Saturday and I assume they'll take even more of a hit with people receiving 'refunds' on their free tickets.

I would imagine there will just be 1 x Dunkeld Rd Saints and 1 x Jeanfield 208 Saints bus at the re-arranged game...

Edited by 1884

t***? numbnuts? Deary me! How old are you?

I'm 42 by the way:wink:

What is me thinking your a t*** got to do with my age..It's not an age thing it's an opinion thing.

Granted, numbnuts is a bit childish but your only here to noise us up. Well congratulation, go to the top of the class , you've got me there..

What exactly are you bringing to Saints chat. Maybe the mods can create your own section.. What could we call it????

How about "twatchat"

That'll do me. I will try my best just to ignore your postings from here on in..I think it's for the best.

But The SPL employ SFA refs who then operate under The SPL policies?

Perhaps that means the ref (and the SFA) gets of scott free but ultimately The SPL guidelines permitted the match referee to turn up at 1pm and postpone the match at 1.30pm.:sad:

If it had been a Scottish Cup match (run by the SFA under SFA guidlines) then our match would've been postponed at 11am.

Nowt we could do about that regarding already having purchased our match tickets but we would not have had to pay for our buses.

I like the rugby idea - where the ref says "naw" but Mr McInnes and Mr May say "aye"!:cool:

The referee can only dceide if the Field of play (or pitch) is playable.......The responsibility of getting the "pitch" in a playable condition lies solely with the home club (ie Falkirk FC).

Refereees come in for a lot of criticsm when games are called off late and that is why the "local ref" was called in originally at an earlier time NOW I am led to believe that HE was NOT happy with some of the areas and told the club/groundstaff this at the time...THEY persuaded him that they could get the "pitch" playable....NEXT i am led to believe that the "locum" had some concerns and contacted the Match Referee who made his way to the ground...The rest is history...BUT the bottom line is that the CLUB and their staff FAILED to present a suitable and safe surface......Falkirk fc are responsible despite the weather conditions.

Footnote -as many referees out their will tell you IF WE carried out the laws of FIFA to the rule...many of the Local pitches near to you would not be passed suitable....ie glass-stones protruding and dog-shit.

The referee can only dceide if the Field of play (or pitch) is playable.......The responsibility of getting the "pitch" in a playable condition lies solely with the home club (ie Falkirk FC).

I totally agree.

The issue here is that we were not told that the 'game on' inspection pass at 11am was conditional and subject to a further inspection at 1.30pm, therefore leaving us ill-informed as to whether or not to travel to Falkirk with the expectation of watching a game of fitbaw...:neutral:

What exactly are you bringing to Saints chat. Maybe the mods can create your own section.. What could we call it????

How about "twatchat"

That'll do me. I will try my best just to ignore your postings from here on in..I think it's for the best.

what about albert chatlock?

I totally agree.

The issue here is that we were not told that the 'game on' inspection pass at 11am was conditional and subject to a further inspection at 1.30pm, therefore leaving us ill-informed as to whether or not to travel to Falkirk with the expectation of watching a game of fitbaw...:neutral:

so who is to blame for mis-informing us?

I agree but why didn't the match referee get there earlier given the situation? If he had been appraised of the situation by the local ref then he should have ensured he was there to make a professional judgement.

Refereees come in for a lot of criticsm when games are called off late and that is why the "local ref" was called in originally at an earlier time NOW I am led to believe that HE was NOT happy with some of the areas and told the club/groundstaff this at the time...THEY persuaded him that they could get the "pitch" playable....NEXT i am led to believe that the "locum" had some concerns and contacted the Match Referee who made his way to the ground...The rest is history...BUT the bottom line is that the CLUB and their staff FAILED to present a suitable and safe surface......Falkirk fc are responsible despite the weather conditions.

So why didn't he make the decision for the match referee? Surely as a Grade 1 ref he is competent to do so? Or is it just that the match referee wouldn't get his fee if he didn't turn up??? :shock:

Footnote -as many referees out their will tell you IF WE carried out the laws of FIFA to the rule...many of the Local pitches near to you would not be passed suitable....ie glass-stones protruding and dog-shit.

This is totally unacceptable. Harking back to my rugby refereeing I do a pitch inspection and if I see anything untowards I tell the home team captain and it is up to them to clear the mess. Failure to do so results in me calling the game off for an unfit pitch and the club being fined. This is just referees copping out of facing up to the clubs!! Seen it so many times when I have had to share a changing room with a footie ref.....

I heard last night that Falkirk will not be giving cash refunds? but will be refunding a credit note, Im sure the Bairn fan was on the wind up! but he was saying a FFC voucher of some sort :(

One thing SJFC and FFC have a good number of weeks to get this sorted between themselves as I cant see the fixture being arranged in the near future? So until the fixture is arranged those wishing a refund are out of pocket... Seems an odd situation..

I heard last night that Falkirk will not be giving cash refunds? but will be refunding a credit note, Im sure the Bairn fan was on the wind up! but he was saying a FFC voucher of some sort :(

One thing SJFC and FFC have a good number of weeks to get this sorted between themselves as I cant see the fixture being arranged in the near future? So until the fixture is arranged those wishing a refund are out of pocket... Seems an odd situation..

It will be home support vouchers Dave, a lot of clubs do that to keep their home support. Can't do it with the away support as they cannot always travel. I was speaking to a Bairns fan last night and he was explaining this to me.

I think someone is pulling your plonker Dave - perhaps a credit note that covers entry to the next game at Falkirk against Saints :wink::laugh:

So until the fixture is arranged those wishing a refund are out of pocket... Seems an odd situation..

I bought three tickets and so me and two mates were going to split the £40 three ways and pay £13 each. As the game was off I am technically £26 down. But I will probably be able to make the midweek game so in the end wont be out of pocket.

Its not going to be an easy one to resolve because of the free ticket offer.

Edited by garydavidson

So until the fixture is arranged those wishing a refund are out of pocket... Seems an odd situation..

I haven't read anything that says you have to wait until the new date is announced before asking for your refund. My take on the statement is that you just have to do it no later than 14 days after the new date is announced.