#27 - 06/02/10 - Saints 0-1 Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup

There is talk of this on Dundee United Mad where they claim they were told the away ends were full

In the bogs of a Perth pub (can't mind which as I was fecked by that stage) I overheard a couple of the East Stand Arabs saying they were given the "okay" to go in the East by either stewards or police.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 2 United fans who went mental as they scored, were mouthing off and then had a go at a few saints fans. Someone from the back of the east stand then launched a cup of tea/coffee in the direction of the United fans and hit one of them on the back of the head. The police moved in and spent all their time in the bottom area so the tea thrower who has hit the target more times than that Donkey Sheridan got away with it.

There is talk of this on Dundee United Mad where they claim they were told the away ends were full

You can have someones eye out throwing hot coffee!

Bloody thugs!

Just watched the highlights - specifically the penalty claim and the United goal.

United goal is 50/50 really - Dods does attack the ball, but completely misses it and knocks over Smith. Could be a foul. Fortunate finish I think as well - he doesn't catch it with the laces as he intends to, and as such scoops it over Irvine's head and in off the bar.

Penalty is a disgrace of a decision though - as the Daily Record's match report puts it, what more does the ref want? A post-mortem certificate? Davidson is completely cleaned out, and the ref had a perfect view of it. Completely indefensible, and a Saints goal would obviously have completely changed the game.

Just watched the highlights - specifically the penalty claim and the United goal.

United goal is 50/50 really - Dods does attack the ball, but completely misses it and knocks over Smith. Could be a foul. Fortunate finish I think as well - he doesn't catch it with the laces as he intends to, and as such scoops it over Irvine's head and in off the bar.

Penalty is a disgrace of a decision though - as the Daily Record's match report puts it, what more does the ref want? A post-mortem certificate? Davidson is completely cleaned out, and the ref had a perfect view of it. Completely indefensible, and a Saints goal would obviously have completely changed the game.

I doubt it, we can't hold a lead for love, money or 3 points!

It was undoubtably a penalty. However it was a clear foul on Conway in the build-up as well. The refs in Scotland are a joke. Whilst the overall outcome of the incidents was fair, two wrongs don't make a right.

now teams have played us a few teams i think united have been the best that has came to mcd this season, we are reasonably formidable at home giving everyone a game and hammering some teams aswell without getting the results.

uniteds midfield were superb, constant pressure and we couldnt cope with it, hence the long ball. we didnt set out to play like that but that is what happened.

the big plus i take from this game, having thought about it more, is that, despite united being better, much better imo, they only won by 1, yes they could of scored more but we had our chances and if we are honest, it was always going to very hard to maintain the previous performances we put in against them because afterall, they're not at the top end of the table by pure luck.

sometimes we just have to accept that better teams are going to beat us.

There were 2 United fans who went mental as they scored, were mouthing off and then had a go at a few saints fans. Someone from the back of the east stand then launched a cup of tea/coffee in the direction of the United fans and hit one of them on the back of the head. The police moved in and spent all their time in the bottom area so the tea thrower who has hit the target more times than that Donkey Sheridan got away with it.

There was 3 of them,they didn`t go mental,two of them stood up and faced the crowd with their hands in the air.They didn`t mouth off and didn`t have a go at any of the Saints fans.Were just there to cause a rumpus.

There was 3 of them,they didn`t go mental,two of them stood up and faced the crowd with their hands in the air.They didn`t mouth off and didn`t have a go at any of the Saints fans.Were just there to cause a rumpus.

I am certain I saw one of the United fans grab the saints fan behind them who was pointing them out to the stewards and it was his mate who then got hit with the coffee. They were certainly mouthing off but it does sound like they were there to cause a rumpus.

I am certain I saw one of the United fans grab the saints fan behind them who was pointing them out to the stewards and it was his mate who then got hit with the coffee. They were certainly mouthing off but it does sound like they were there to cause a rumpus.

Might have missed that bit but it was only about 10yards from us.Got a bit heated for a while but not worth getting arrested for