#28 - 10/02/10 - St Mirren 1-1 Saints - SPL

Well after another lame cup exit it's back to really important league business.. I watched the Midden against the **** today and worryingly they looked not bad at all. If we do not up our game we will come home with sweet FA. It's a long haul on a Wednesday night and although I am going I cannae say I am enthrawled by the prospect.(Getting home after midnight and then getting up for work at 4.45am may have something to do with that) For the first time this season I am having to gee myself up for an away game. Three points and a performance of grit and determination should relight my fire though:D

Team wise I have little idea what Del is gonna do:? but I would like to see..

Smith

Irvine, Duberry, MacKay, Craig.

Millar, Moon, Morris, Morais.

Sammy, Deuchar.

Subs. Main, Davidson, Ando, Connolly, Peaso, Sheerin, Milne..

Injured.... Caff, Rusty, Hards.

Suspended ..Gartland

No place for..

Grainger, Sheridan, McLean, Swankie..

If Moon and or Sammy are still not ready then I would go with the same team as today but with Peaso in place of Savo and Craig in place of Grainger and have May and Swankie on the bench..

Not gonna happen though:sad:

Who's all taking the trip through??

Come on you Saints..

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after another lame cup exit it's back to really important league business.. I watched the Midden against the **** today and worryingly they looked not bad at all. If we do not up our game we will come home with sweet FA. It's a long haul on a Wednesday night and although I am going I cannae say I am enthrawled by the prospect.(Getting home after midnight and then getting up for work at 4.45am may have something to do with that) For the first time this season I am having to gee myself up for an away game. Three points and a performance of grit and determination should relight my fire though:D

Smith

Sammy, Deuchar.

Suspended ..Gartland

No place for..

If Moon and or Sammy are still not ready then I would go with the same team as today but with Peaso in place of Savo and Craig in place of Grainger and have May and Swankie on the bench..

Come on you Saints..

You need another kid in there ghostie, so looks like Sheridan gets in. :oops:

I'll wait til Wed before posting a team as think we could have a few returning and a few knocks.

I think I will sit this one out. Too far for me to travel and little motivation to go.......

AYE RIGHT!!!!!

Teamwise, I really dont know. Peaso running high on confidence before the Semi, looked a shadow of the man we have seen since his return. Bugger.

Davidson was not at the races, so moon for me in the middle if fit. If not, play midge and bring in Swankie. Craig on the left.

Home game for me.. Yaaaay.

I would like to see something a little different in :

Main

Irvine Duberry MacKay Connolly

Morais Moon Morris Craig

Deuchar Peaso

Subs: Smith, Ando, Grainger, Millar, Swankie, Milne, Sammy

Do I need another under 21? If so leave Sammy out and give him a little more time to recover since he is a fragile little one and bring in the donkey Sheridan

Edited by Sainteesean

MAIN

Irvine MegaDave Doobs Grainger

Swankie Moon Millar Craig

Peaso Deuchar

Bench: Smith, Anderson, Savo, Morris, Davidson, Reynolds, May

Must win game if we're going to salvage this season.

Get a grip... Salvage the season:laugh::laugh::laugh:.. WTF are you havering aboot laddie..A win would be great but a draw would be fine...

Not wanting to come across the cnut but can you explain the " SALVAGE THE SEASON " bit CC..

I kinda agree with Ghostie in that a draw would be fine and a win great.

It is an important week, in that we need to avoid any defeats as our next three games are Hibs (home), Rangers (home) and Hibs (away) and anything we take from these games may be a bonus.

We battered them for nearly 90 mins last time out here. We are more than capable of winning this, and should do so.

We should be aiming for 3 points in all of the games deemed as our mini-league and with our coming fixtures, we could do with this.

St Mirren are on something of a decent run, they set out 3-5-2 (5-3-2) today and played it well by all accounts. Whether they defend in numbers against us remains to be seen!

Smith

Sammy, Deuchar.

Suspended ..Gartland

No place for..

Come on you Saints..

i spoke to sammy today and he told me i might be ok for wednesday hes got a closed door game on monday

Get a grip... Salvage the season:laugh::laugh::laugh:.. WTF are you havering aboot laddie..A win would be great but a draw would be fine...

Not wanting to come across the cnut but can you explain the " SALVAGE THE SEASON " bit CC..

I think we can push for a top six finish. We're out of both cups, a top six finish would be almost (almost!) as good an achievement as winning a cup, and to achieve that we'd need to win this game.

EDIT: fixed wording

Edited by CynicalSaintee

For the first time this season I am having to gee myself up for an away game.

I'm actually looking forward to this match already. Can't beat a midweek game under the floodlights. Would be surprised if even 200 Saints fans make the trip but hopefully we can get behind the team and they'll give us something to cheer.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect Samuel to be ready to start a match to be honest. Place on the bench maybe though. Some of the suggested sides are knicker wetter heaven and Cynical Saintee has to be the funniest guy on the internet. He spends most of the time battering McInnes and the players then tells other fans to get a grip for being negative, before topping it by saying he thinks we can finish in the top six. He's a walking contradiction who is letting 101 Saint groom him.

Will wait and see what news comes out of the camp over the next few days before naming a team but Gartland is suspended for this one. For those that asked, you need three players under the age of 21 in the matchday squad so it'll like be Connolly, Sheridan and Davidson.

This is a big game, but I have no idea what starting 11 will go out.

My morale has wained a bit with Peaso being left out of the team when in a rich vein of form and I honestly don't know how this game will go.

It seems that Sheridan is being played for the sake of playing, when it really should, in my opinion, be Peaso and The Doc. I was critical of Kenny earlier this season but has been more influential in recent games.

I hope we can do what is required to get the 3 points.

im not going to bother, the thought of our season being finished after this game is too much to take, this is the be all end all :)

and in the real world no doubt i'll be there, anyway, teamwise -

main

irvine mackay connolly grainger

moon craig davidson

morais sammy swankie

I'm actually looking forward to this match already. Can't beat a midweek game under the floodlights. Would be surprised if even 200 Saints fans make the trip but hopefully we can get behind the team and they'll give us something to cheer.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect Samuel to be ready to start a match to be honest. Place on the bench maybe though. Some of the suggested sides are knicker wetter heaven and Cynical Saintee has to be the funniest guy on the internet. He spends most of the time battering McInnes and the players then tells other fans to get a grip for being negative, before topping it by saying he thinks we can finish in the top six. He's a walking contradiction who is letting 101 Saint groom him.

Will wait and see what news comes out of the camp over the next few days before naming a team but Gartland is suspended for this one. For those that asked, you need three players under the age of 21 in the matchday squad so it'll like be Connolly, Sheridan and Davidson.

I do try. :D

Trust me, away from here I'm as rational as you get, but gi'e me a keyboard and a web connection and I can haver long into the night.

I'll summarize; McInnes has built a team capable of getting us into the top six, but I don't know if he knows how to use the tools he has to their full potential, thus some of my posts tend to contradict each other on the matter. It's hard not to be negative when you've been knocked out of two cups in one week, and the reason I'm telling other folk to get a grip is because they were saying that Del was "dragging the club down", which is clearly laughable! Which players have I "battered" unustifiably?

Edited by CynicalSaintee

St Mirren are on something of a decent run, they set out 3-5-2 (5-3-2) today and played it well by all accounts. Whether they defend in numbers against us remains to be seen!

They are on a funny run. They'd lost four games on the bounce before winning midweek but three had been away from home and they've already beaten Killie and Aberdeen at St Mirren Park this year.

They changed the formation midweek and it seems to have freshened them up, giving Dorman more of a license to get forward. Four against four, I'd fancy us against them in the middle of the park but with the extra man, it'll be tough and is maybe something McInnes has to think about. Hopefully his answer isn't going 4-5-1!

It'll be a tough game as all are in the SPL but our away form is decent over recent months and we've definitely looked a better side than them in the two meetings so far.

They are on a funny run. They'd lost four games on the bounce before winning midweek but three had been away from home and they've already beaten Killie and Aberdeen at St Mirren Park this year.

They changed the formation midweek and it seems to have freshened them up, giving Dorman more of a license to get forward. Four against four, I'd fancy us against them in the middle of the park but with the extra man, it'll be tough and is maybe something McInnes has to think about. Hopefully his answer isn't going 4-5-1!

It'll be a tough game as all are in the SPL but our away form is decent over recent months and we've definitely looked a better side than them in the two meetings so far.

I really hope not, I might have to either have a lot to drink or cry myself to sleep.