#30 - 17/2/10 - Saints 5-1 Hibs - SPL

I think the red card was for the kick as I'm not convinced the linesman would've heard anything untoward. Especially if the referee, who was closer to the incident, didn't hear it.

Nish proved himself to be a bit of an idiot tonight though. Hibs were starting to come into the game at the point of his mental turn, so I think Yogi may well throw the book at him.

Not sure either. The linesman was about 2 yds from them though as it was line of play. The ref made a point of asking the linesman 3 times if he was sure then went to Nish. Within seconds, and before the ref could have given much away Nish was walking and put up no protest before even knowing it was red.

Anyway c'mon the Saints!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Dr Goals an Sheridan getting all the credit but every single saints player got 10/10 from me tonight.

Hope we keep the same back 4 for sat and even if jody is fit the way Mooner an Muzz battled tonight i wouldnt start him, we need to get stuck in and attack like we did tonight its the best form of defense.

1st half i felt Millar drifted in to much leaving dave to mark deeek an murray we got away with it tho even doc noticed an tracked back.

whoever said the ref had a good game is having a laugh-he was talking to m dubz while allowing hibs to take the freekick. and dr goals was obviously badly injured but he allowed play to continue and bambi did his 1good thing by kicking it out.

anyone else think stokes was offside?

Del did a great job in picking this team and getting ther guys motivated to play it like a cuptie, with Saints players rushing forward to get in the Hibees faces.

Like a lot of others I thought the front two looked a bad choice, but was very happy to be proved wrong. All 14 played well, but I reckoned that the Doc and his partner -let's now call him Assassinator - were outstanding. I bet Bamba is happy not to be playing against Sheridan every week.

The Edinburgh paper has this:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/St-Johnstone-5--1.6082657.jp

Too many folk getting carried away tonight. Nothing has changed in 24 hours except in the small minds of the kneejerk brigade. Yes we were good, but Yogi committed suicide with his selection tonight.

We will still finish between 7th-9th. We should be top six. Out of interest, how many folk wanna trot out some keich about avoiding relegation or a difficult sequence of games? You should all listen to me, I'm usually right.

Tonight was the first time I have ever missed a game on my season ticket, and that goes back a long way. I will still enjoy major bragging rights at work tomorrow.

Missed it in vain too, the OCS gig was cancelled due to a power failure.

You should have heard some of the hibees kicking off though, hilarious.

Same boat, piss*d well off. Missed the rout for nothing!!

Missed it during the game but Alba shows Doobs backing onto Nish and otherwise not much in it.

On replay they focus on what Nish is saying to Duberry - take from that what you want.

Eh?! Are folk blind? I could see the deliberate kick hitting Doobs on the erse from the east stand. Then I was amazed the ref, who was looking straight at it, never seen it.

Clearly shows it on the TV as well. Reminds me of Graeme Jones on Lee Mcculloch at fir park a good few years ago.

Credit to the linesman for standing up and setting the ref straight.

Imagine if it was Boyd or Mcgeady that had done that?

There would would be a free kick to them and a booking for Doobs.

Just for the record Deuchar beats 4 men on a mazy run and plays a slide-rule pass to Sheridan.

Miller must be mortified getting tackled by Deuchar in his own box and therefore conceding that goal.

Needs to take a leaf out of Doobs book. Put the ball anywhere, as long as its miles away :)

Ref was good tonight too to be fair, let game flow, not many yellows and hardly anything contested by the players. Afew late offsides fromEst stand man both halfs?

After watching game again on Alba red card looks like it was given because of Nish's language to Doobs?

But one of the best refs we've had this season.

Your having a laugh? He was utter mince.

It was a pleasure to watch Bamba in action last night, £20 was a bargain for his stunning performance.

26 got the man of the match did he not? The Hibs one that is! :laugh:

Excellent performance against a terrible Hibs defence. Deuchar must have played almost every position bar goalkeeper in his match - an excellent shift, bad news on the injury. Also good to see Sheridan get his goals as well to add to an all round good performance from him - i don't think he'll do much else this season but I will be delighted if proven wrong.

I think the tactics were spot on as well - it was common knowledge Yogi would turn up with 4 strikers, so to put 4 centre halves out there and give them all a hit early doors, while not picking up yellow cards, took 3 of the 4 out of the game with only Stokes looking a potential threat.

It was a nice trip home down to Meadowbank last night!

I have to admit when I firstly heard the team lines I predicted a humping for us, but all credit to Del- The team was spot on.

Hibs seemed to have bags of space between their full-backs and wingers and Craig and Millar had fine games with time to run at their full-backs.

Anderson proved we need a new left-back. He coped brillaintly with Zemmama. I 'm afraid if Grainger had been playing it would of been a different story.

Moon and Davidson seemed to click today and dare I say it we doidn't miss Jody at all in the middle. Davidson gave them no time on the ball and apart from the odd poor pass Monner looked far superior to either Rankin or Miller. Usually Morris would be the first name on my teamsheet, but I reckon Moon and Murray deserve to stay in the middle for Saturday.

Deuchar was on top form. MOM. The usual idiots were on his back after a couple of minutes but he was a standout for me. Shame about the injury- hopefully he will be back fit and ready soon enough. He and Sheridan linked up well.

The linesman on the East Stand side was awful, but a well done to the opposite linesman that spotted Nish's kick at Dubbery. The ref was oblivious and more concerned about having a chat with Dubbery about calming down.

Fantastic result, now lets have a go at Rangers and not resort to our 4-5-1 nonsense.

Eh?! Are folk blind? I could see the deliberate kick hitting Doobs on the erse from the east stand. Then I was amazed the ref, who was looking straight at it, never seen it.

Clearly shows it on the TV as well. Reminds me of Graeme Jones on Lee Mcculloch at fir park a good few years ago.

Credit to the linesman for standing up and setting the ref straight.

Imagine if it was Boyd or Mcgeady that had done that?

There would would be a free kick to them and a booking for Doobs.

SKY Sports confirming sent off for Foul & Abusive language