#30 - 17/2/10 - Saints 5-1 Hibs - SPL

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SKY Sports confirming sent off for Foul & Abusive language

Sky's website also has it down as for being a kick-out at Duberry.

Is the fact the opposing goalkeepers were both called Graeme Smith a first in Scottish football?

Might be the first time opposing players are called Graeme Smith but I am sure there was a case a few years ago about John Brown being up against John Brown - not sure when though.

Is the fact the opposing goalkeepers were both called Graeme Smith a first in Scottish football?

Apparently, according to the Hibs GS in the Scotsman, they have played against each other before.

Edited by Dooj
inappropriate multiquote

I wasn't even going to go to this game! Thankfully I did.

Can't fault a single player. They all played their part in the game. The defence were solid, the midfield totally outclassed hibs and sheridan and deuchar up front surprisingly worked well.

I must admit though part of our win was not down to us but down to Yogi. 4-2-4 :laugh: What an idiot. I bet if they played 4-4-2 we wouldn't be cheering about a 5-1 win. Craig and Millar had sooooooo much space on the wings, it was unreal! Thanks Yogi and well done McInnes and the players for exploiting such shite tactics!

Im sick of inaccurate reporting -

"Sloppy Hibs are booed off the pitch in Perth after slick Saints run riot"

They had no fans left to boo them by the end of it :)

Couldn't agree more. It was great Saints play and not any shortcomings of Hibs.

Edited by Born2Bru

I must admit though part of our win was not down to us but down to Yogi. 4-2-4 :laugh: What an idiot. I bet if they played 4-4-2 we wouldn't be cheering about a 5-1 win. Craig and Millar had sooooooo much space on the wings, it was unreal! Thanks Yogi and well done McInnes and the players for exploiting such shite tactics!

They did play 442, he said as much post-match.

They did play 442, he said as much post-match.

Benji & Stokes up front with Riorden & Zammama wide but I don`t think it was a strict 424.

Difficult but we shouldn`t get too carried away with the result. Hibs back 4 were abysmal .

Bamba thinks he is a football player which is dangerous.

Hanlon plays well at left back but even although centre back is his position he is not strong enough.

Hogg is maybe a centre back but he certainly isn`t a right back.

Murray is just overrated & wouldn`t be in my team.

But hey we were brilliant & lets hope we keep the same team on Saturday although it looks like the reborn Doc will be out for some time as ligaments can take longer than a break to heal.

Too many folk getting carried away tonight. Nothing has changed in 24 hours except in the small minds of the kneejerk brigade. Yes we were good, but Yogi committed suicide with his selection tonight.

We will still finish between 7th-9th. We should be top six. Out of interest, how many folk wanna trot out some keich about avoiding relegation or a difficult sequence of games? You should all listen to me, I'm usually right.

101. I have defended you in the past, but I'm afraid I've lost patience. You can **** right off!

Well done Saints last night. That was awesome.

Duberry's challenge that led to Nish kicking out was so hard I wondered if Nish was going to live. I wouldn't like to see Duberry come flying towards me. I'd definitely move out of the way!

Hilarious! Watching the highlights again, the challenge was so hard that Nish took Davidson out on his way. Duberry is a beast!

Too many folk getting carried away tonight. Nothing has changed in 24 hours except in the small minds of the kneejerk brigade. Yes we were good, but Yogi committed suicide with his selection tonight.

We will still finish between 7th-9th. We should be top six. Out of interest, how many folk wanna trot out some keich about avoiding relegation or a difficult sequence of games? You should all listen to me, I'm usually right.

Bloody hell!! Saits play the best game of the season, slaughter a top 3 team 5-1 (I believe the last time we hit this score at McD was about 5 years ago against Raith Rovers) and still we get someone on here deriding the team.

101, for your information they played out their socks tonight, attacked everything and put Hibs i such a spin they did not know what hit them or how to counter. Yogi always admits he played the wrong side when he loses to a lower club, he did it for years at Falkirk too.

Our aim in season one should be survival and then season two to go top six, to do otherwise would be suicidal!! If you can't understand the basics then you should not be spouting off on here about how good you are and what a great manager you would be! You are not, never will be and nobody wants to hear the sort of crap you have been posting. You are just a negative person 101 so clear off to a club that needs another one, The OF are always recuiting and you would fit in well with them!!

Get off the team's back or get off the forum 101, your stupid comments are starting to get me wound up!!

Edited by Slowhand

Duberry's challenge that led to Nish kicking out was so hard I wondered if Nish was going to live. I wouldn't like to see Duberry come flying towards me. I'd definitely move out of the way!

Hilarious! Watching the highlights again, the challenge was so hard that Nish took Davidson out on his way. Duberry is a beast!

Duberry is the best thing we have had for a while, full of threatening menace and a huge presence in the back line and seems to have got them more organised, how straight was the defensive line last night? :D

Duberry is the best thing we have had for a while, full of threatening menace and a huge presence in the back line and seems to have got them more organised, how straight was the defensive line last night? :D

Agree. Shows the rest of them how to clear their lines. He can header a ball further than most players can kick it. Great player. Hope we can keep him next season.

I don't know, I wasn't there. :(

I know that Anderson and MacKay are full backs but both are equally competent centre halves so playing a backline like that is always going to be a bit more difficult to break down. Given we have conceded 42 goals this season, I think we should be ditching the attacking full backs and going with this idea against the teams in the league that score goals for fun.

Was Grainger injured or did he just get dropped?

Are well Sam, there you are then, was it a decision not to go or were you working over the road?

Saw him when I got to the ground and he was just standing around so asked him and he was dropped.

I was at college. I had an exam that I couldn't miss. Was gutted that she arranged in for last night but I could hardly ask her to put it back for a week. Could you imagine her response?

Grainger is the weakest link at the back I think so it was probably wise not to field him against Hibs.

He said he would play 4-4-2 if we were exploiting his 4-2-4 formation. His two attacking midfielders never tracked back to help the midfield which meant Craig and Millar got so much space.

Riordan and Zemmamamama were playing in a midfield four with the anticipation that Miller and Rankine would be knocking the ball about and give them opportunity to get right on top/behind of the full backs.

It was as conventional a 442 as you are likely to see and matched our one.

The difference with Millar and Craig was that our front pair actually made a decent job of harassing and ball and winning 50/50's where Stokes and Benji didn't get a sniff and allowing our wide midfielders to push on to the full backs. A fantastic display from both Gillian and the Doc.

Riordan and Zemmamamama were playing in a midfield four with the anticipation that Miller and Rankine would be knocking the ball about and give them opportunity to get right on top/behind of the full backs.

It was as conventional a 442 as you are likely to see and matched our one.

The difference with Millar and Craig was that our front pair actually made a decent job of harassing and ball and winning 50/50's where Stokes and Benji didn't get a sniff and allowing our wide midfielders to push on to the full backs. A fantastic display from both Gillian and the Doc.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Having watched the majority of the game on Alba, they weren't playing four up front any more than we were. What made them vulnerable and set us apart from them was Millar and Craig's efficiency at tracking back and defending when they needed to. I think it's something Craig learned to appreciate when he did his stint at left back for us and Millar has really improved the defensive aspect of his game.

Their opposite numbers last night were not doing that effectively and their full backs were completely exposed. Against Millar and Craig with Murray driving through the middle, Hibs needed all of their midfielders to come back in and defend when we were coming at them and they didn't do that. It was not hard to cut them open and it was a defensive performance that could rival some of our very worst and I believe we still have the worst defensive record in the league.

Del played a blinder with the tactics last night and Hughes admitted he got it all wrong. For Hibs, attack is the best form of defence but the decision to play effectively four centre halves across the back was always going to make it difficult for their front and wide men. Added to the fact that we're one of the top scoring sides in the division, they had nothing on us. I have seen some really poor tactics from McInnes but the way he owned John Hughes last night was genius.

Me for one!!as far as i am concerned last night was another 3 point cushion on bottom team Falkirk and the relegation spot.I would like to be in the top six, but nothing has changed since the start of the season when i would have settled for 11th spot, and in my opinion the knee jerk reactions come from the likes of you almost demmanding top six, it is not a god given right!!!! we are after all St.Johnstone, a team that has just been promoted and finding it's Spl feet.

Last night was fecking amazing, brings back the feeling we experienced when we pumped Aberdeen 5-0, days like that dont happen to often and should be appreciated and not undermined, however we should not get carried away either, we will lose again and probabaly heavily, but we will win games as well which will be enough to see us finish between 11th and 6th, i care not a jot which!!! although the higher the better, but missing out on top six would not be a failure and every spot we finish above bottom is a bonus.

Every one was fantastic last night but the one I would pick out as making a huge difference was Mooner .

Apart from the Doc who will probably miss out , I hope the other 10 start on saturday and we stick with the 4-4-2 and have a real go at Rangers. Great night , hope there are many more like that to come.

awesome, best game of football I can remember. 99% controlled the game, absolutely thrashed what is a good hibs team! Great tactics from Del ( you could see where he had done his homework) and good to see the players rising to the task in hand.

Absolutely thrashed Hibs! Im buzzing from this.

East stand vocals were superb!!!