#26 - 03/02/10 - Saints 2-0 Rangers - SPL

bobby kemp

Saints should be ashamed of themselves.

The ref clearly stated that if Saints had contacted him earlier he could have called this off earlier. The ref is not to blame, Saints are.

When the rangers players, both managers, the match official & the match delegate can all see straight away that the goal mouth is frozen solid then why the hell hasn't the groundsman noticed earlier this morning. Unbelievable.

Saints should get the book thrown at them and unless the groundman is not able to do his job due to lack of investment by the club then he should get his P45. The pitch is a disgrace & the Aberdeen match should have went ahead.

Geoff really needs to look at whats going on at his club.

if thats the case then i think the groundsman should be held liable and should be 'dealt with' appropriately.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match ref stated the above on radio scotland.

ok, never heard it, thanks.

No

The groundsman isn't responsible for checking the condition of the pitch on the morning of a game and reporting to the club officials if there's any chance of their being a problem???

surely that is his job?

Just come home from a 130 mile round trip. Am a season ticket holder so would have gone to the game today no matter who they were playing but with the traffic problems on the A80 I left a bit earlier and it was -3 when I arrived in Perth. Heard on Radio Scotland that Saints are making a concession to all travelly Rangers fans to drop the ticket price of the next game (not I assume the re-scheduled game) for them by £2, so will I see a reduction on my season ticket? I doubt it.

Any one any idea when the game will be re-scheduled?

Pissed off and not happy with the club - why wasn't an early inspection called for?

Good to see Radio Scotland though not trying to speak to a Saints official but letting Martin Bain get his ranting digs in though.

Ach well at least it gives us a break before the Hibs game.

More likely Saints burying their heads in the sand. Appalling PR.

Do you read numbers sweetheart? Have a look at your results against the other wee teams. Then, provided your brain hasn't exploded, come back and get it right.

small club playing in a big league, they should have stayed in the little teams league where they are better suited, with a little luck they will go back down where they belong and a bigger club like dundee will come up and give us a harder game.......

Embarrassing, shambolic, shameful, thoughtless, etc.

Saints will get fined and quite rightly.

I cannot believe there are people on here trying to defend the club.

There is no defence, Saints are to blame on several points.

not informing anyone there was a problem.

not foreseeing the problem, therefore not trying to fix it.

for Saints to be so negligent for such a high profile match is unforgivable.

Football fans from all over the world (being a sky match) have every right to be thinking we are a micky mouse amateur outfit. I know we are not but that is what it will come across as.

Gers travelling fans (mini bus from Belfast in the 208) will quite rightly be fuming.

I am embarrassed today.

small club playing in a big league, they should have stayed in the little teams league where they are better suited, with a little luck they will go back down where they belong and a bigger club like dundee will come up and give us a harder game.......

Nice try. Dundee will come up and probably will give you a decent game as well. Being the best in the SPL is hardly a massive badge of honour! "Big league"?! :laugh:

Afraid we'll be staying up and be here to give you a few decent games next season. You may win them all of course, but I'm confident none will be easy for you.

Embarrassing, shambolic, shameful, thoughtless, etc.

Saints will get fined and quite rightly.

I cannot believe there are people on here trying to defend the club.

There is no defence, Saints are to blame on several points.

not informing anyone there was a problem.

not foreseeing the problem, therefore not trying to fix it.

for Saints to be so negligent for such a high profile match is unforgivable.

Football fans from all over the world (being a sky match) have every right to be thinking we are a micky mouse amateur outfit. I know we are not but that is what it will come across as.

Gers travelling fans (mini bus from Belfast in the 208) will quite rightly be fuming.

I am embarrassed today.

Sums it up perfectly for me too.