#26 - 03/02/10 - Saints 2-0 Rangers - SPL

bobby kemp

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no word on the outcome of the investigation into the Falkirk debacle . Has the investigation taken place or was it swept under the carpet.

Whatever penalty Falkirk get Saints should get the same. This is so unprofessional , it hurts.

We will be the laughingstock of Scottish football for a while now.

On the bright side, it provided Sky with the opportunity to show the most cringeworthy 30 minutes of TV in quite some time.

First we had an on-pitch rant from Andy Walker in which he repeatedly referred to the "Ormond Street Stand" and seemed oblivious to the fact that there were actually two teams due to play in this match today (the only thing he seemed to deem important was that the postponement would interrupt TFOD's preparations for some game they're playing next weekend, despite the fact that Saints, remarkably, also have a game to play next weekend which is surely equally important). Well done to the interviewer for reminding him that it was not just TFOD, but also Saints, who would have been going into this game feeling confident.

Then we had the horrendous sight of McInnes referring to Walter Smith as "the gaffer".

As for Rangers fans getting their travel money reimbursed and money off next season's fixture: Saints should say bollocks to all of that. While this is completely Saints' fault, there have been many matches postponed this season and I don't recall Saints fans getting those sorts of offers from Falkirk earlier in the season. It's quite right that Saints should be apologetic, but I hope they don't allow themselves to be bullied by Rangers over this.

One last thing - were it not for Sky and their obligation to get the game finished by 3pm, I imagine there's a good chance the kick-off could simply have been delayed, rather than postponed. Really, there needs to be a re-think given to the plan of scheduling Scottish matches so early on in the day during the winter. Curse you, Rupert Murdoch.

Edited by blueheaven

Absolutely shoddy! Piss up and brewery spring to mind.

Made out to look extremly amateur, with national coverage to boot. Brown and Duff will no doubt be kicking themselves but time to question wether the groundstaff are up to it. There is no way that game should be in doubt today. If the undersoil heating does not thaw the pitch, it is not working. If it cant cope, then b low some air under a cover. Its not rocket science and it wouldnt even cost much, nothing compared to what they lost today. Give me the £2 each and i'd have done it for them. Serves them right - useless.

As for refusing a season ticket holder an extra ticket sale - great loyalty that, fantastic customer service!....Absolute Shite!

WHAT I CANNAE UNDERSTAND IS SAINTS PLAYED ON WED.NIGHT AGAINST HIBS. ALBEIT A GAME IN HAND BUT HOW COME THE RANGERS MATCH WAS PROGRAMMED FOR A SATURDAY MIDDAY KICK OFF! BE BETTER TO HAVE SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY AFTERNOON.SEE OTHER TEAMS ARE DECLARING GAMES OFF AS WELL SO WE ARENT ALONE.TEACH SOME OF US TO BE A LITTLE BIT MORE HUMBLER.I.E.REMEMBER THE FALKIRK FIASCO!what is truely regrettable is the momentum is broken now.wonder if the pitch would be playable this afternoon after a thaw out

First Saturday morning off in 4 months and I was looking forward to this.

If we are not playing this mid week its going to be late next month or early April before we can play this game

2nd/3rd March - International date

9th/10th March - Rangers are away to Kilmarnock in a game brought forward from the CIS cup date

16th March - We are playing Aberdeen

23rd March - We are playing Falkirk

Thus the 30th/31s March is the first possible date

Saints should be ashamed of themselves.

The ref clearly stated that if Saints had contacted him earlier he could have called this off earlier. The ref is not to blame, Saints are.

When the rangers players, both managers, the match official & the match delegate can all see straight away that the goal mouth is frozen solid then why the hell hasn't the groundsman noticed earlier this morning. Unbelievable.

Saints should get the book thrown at them and unless the groundman is not able to do his job due to lack of investment by the club then he should get his P45. The pitch is a disgrace & the Aberdeen match should have went ahead.

Geoff really needs to look at whats going on at his club.