St Johnstone's Public Relations

O'Rourke

Don't undercut supporters' clubs buses? Surely there needs to be better communication before we go cutting each others throats!

What a sensible post Dave , but there again you are the sensible one.

It should not be one supporters bus against another.

The subsidised bus idea has not been thought through thoroughly by the club.

In fact it has caused division in the support .

Surely the club would have had the foresight to have realised that they were favouring a small section of the support over the rest.

By all means keep trying new initiatives to encourage support, but I'm afraid this scatter brain idea is not one that is likey to succeed .

In fact it has already resulted in a major fundraiser , resigning his committee position.

I am sure Steve Brown does not wish division in the support.

Think again Saints.

What a sensible post Dave , but there again you are the sensible one.

It should not be one supporters bus against another.

The subsidised bus idea has not been thought through thoroughly by the club.

In fact it has caused division in the support .

Surely the club would have had the foresight to have realised that they were favouring a small section of the support over the rest.

By all means keep trying new initiatives to encourage support, but I'm afraid this scatter brain idea is not one that is likey to succeed .

In fact it has already resulted in a major fundraiser , resigning his committee position.

I am sure Steve Brown does not wish division in the support.

Think again Saints.

As a Saints fan of some 47 year's some of the time has been bad and some good!I have backed my club where necessary , and have indeed been very vocal in the defence of the currant manager, much to the disgust of some ,and have even been accused of being a sycophant and in defence of everything the Cub does, despite falling out with the Former Chairman in my resistance to the closure of the former Supporters Club in the Dunkeld Road ,and vigorously demanding the removal of at least two managers in my time.Also very vocal when Saints sacked my favourite manager at the time in Alex Totten

!For the last year i have been a member of The Barossa Saints Supporters Club and was indeed Chair and Home bus convener until the AGM.Now in that year people have worked very hard to get Fund Raising(For Saints, some £5000 ) Plus Home and Away buses to most games.

It therefore saddens me to see financial Support coming from St.JohnstoneF.C to the recently

reformed 208/Muirton Suite bus, i don't blame any of the people who run the buses, i blame Saints!If you are going to Subsidise one bus surely you have to do them all!

It should not be one supporters bus against another but this is how things are developing, since the start of the Barossa bus, we have always worked in tandem with other supporters buses

The subsidised bus idea has not been thought through thoroughly by the club and is already breaking up a hard working Committee, with one resignation over this fiasco ,and a house of cards on the Agenda!To make matters worse the resignation comes from the very guy who ran the bus!

Did the board not have the foresight to reasilse that they were favouring a small section of the support over the rest.

By all means keep trying new initiatives to encourage support, but I'm afraid this idea makes no sense, and i would plead that it is revisited before its to late.

I am sure Steve Brown would not want this to affect relationships between fellow supporters Clubs ,and in fact some very good friends in this ill thought idea

Gav

Emailed to Paul Smith for attention of Stevie Brown

As a Saints fan of some 47 year's some of the time has been bad and some good!I have backed my club where necessary , and have indeed been very vocal in the defence of the currant manager, much to the disgust of some ,and have even been accused of being a sycophant and in defence of everything the Cub does, despite falling out with the Former Chairman in my resistance to the closure of the former Supporters Club in the Dunkeld Road ,and vigorously demanding the removal of at least two managers in my time.Also very vocal when Saints sacked my favourite manager at the time in Alex Totten

!For the last year i have been a member of The Barossa Saints Supporters Club and was indeed Chair and Home bus convener until the AGM.Now in that year people have worked very hard to get Fund Raising(For Saints, some £5000 ) Plus Home and Away buses to most games.

It therefore saddens me to see financial Support coming from St.JohnstoneF.C to the recently

reformed 208/Muirton Suite bus, i don't blame any of the people who run the buses, i blame Saints!If you are going to Subsidise one bus surely you have to do them all!

It should not be one supporters bus against another but this is how things are developing, since the start of the Barossa bus, we have always worked in tandem with other supporters buses

The subsidised bus idea has not been thought through thoroughly by the club and is already breaking up a hard working Committee, with one resignation over this fiasco ,and a house of cards on the Agenda!To make matters worse the resignation comes from the very guy who ran the bus!

Did the board not have the foresight to reasilse that they were favouring a small section of the support over the rest.

By all means keep trying new initiatives to encourage support, but I'm afraid this idea makes no sense, and i would plead that it is revisited before its to late.

I am sure Steve Brown would not want this to affect relationships between fellow supporters Clubs ,and in fact some very good friends in this ill thought idea

Gav

Emailed to Paul Smith for attention of Stevie Brown

A daft question maybe but given the support we have is far from the biggest in the world why don't the 2 of you work together with the Club and run joined buses at £5 a time. You are all supporting Saints and at £5 a head you might just get that few more attending.

A daft question maybe but given the support we have is far from the biggest in the world why don't the 2 of you work together with the Club and run joined buses at £5 a time. You are all supporting Saints and at £5 a head you might just get that few more attending.

dude you seem very nieve.i will say this very slowly and i hope you understand.Stjohnstone fc at £5 a head are subsidising the 208 travel club buses ONLY. This is to the detriment of all other supporters clubs who are not included in this deal .you could also read the barossa street section of this forum as this might give you some clarity on the matter.failing that ask ghostie or the lark at the next game your at chief.

Many people mock him, but 101Saints posts earlier in this thread hit the nail on the head.

A football club should be ran as a dictatorship. The minute fans start getting involved with decisions, things starts to go wrong, as proved by recent posts on this thread.

Hopefully Steve Brown will learn and everything will be taken back "in house" between him and his board of directors.

Many people mock him, but 101Saints posts earlier in this thread hit the nail on the head.

A football club should be ran as a dictatorship. The minute fans start getting involved with decisions, things starts to go wrong, as proved by recent posts on this thread.

Hopefully Steve Brown will learn and everything will be taken back "in house" between him and his board of directors.

how many directors are there?

and has daddy broon have any say

Edited by lmsaintee

Sorry Aitchy, what decisions have involved the fans exactly?

Saints PR= PISH and in freefall............again!!!!!!

I don't think so.

Over 25% increase in facebook likes in a month, getting close to 6000 likes and a lot more active.

The twitter feed now has over 3000 followers, provides a great service to those who cannot get to the game.

Saints on YouTube - Getting proper coverage to some of our players and back room team.

don't confuse the issue with the buses with the general PR.

Edited by Real Madrid

I don't think so.

Over 25% increase in facebook likes in a month, getting close to 6000 likes and a lot more active.

The twitter feed now has over 3000 followers, provides a great service to those who cannot get to the game.

Saints on YouTube - Getting proper coverage to some of our players and back room team.

i agree we have improved lots recently but not having a prematch build up to our 1st derby game in years is a joke

I don't think so.

Im sorry but Saints are causing a rift between supporters, if thats not public relations then I dont know what is.

What's going on with saints? The morning of the the first derby of the season, the first derby in years and there's no mention on the official site??? Had to check Dundee's own site to check it wasn't all ticket! Very poor from saints, especially with the non-existent train service that's running today! Our clubs bloody useless with PR!!

I can see the divide between the club and it's fans growing unless someone gets it sorted, fast!

I don't think so.

Not interested in this Facebook & Twitter shite . i want my info on the Official site. Thtas where most fans check for info.

If only Saints had the resources availalbe on tap that you all think they have. Infact if they even had a tenth of the resources some people think they have they would be a PR juggernaut, facts are that they have not therefore go to the places where they are making an effort i.e. Facebook and Twitter even if you do think they are shite.

dude you seem very nieve.i will say this very slowly and i hope you understand.Stjohnstone fc at £5 a head are subsidising the 208 travel club buses ONLY. This is to the detriment of all other supporters clubs who are not included in this deal .you could also read the barossa street section of this forum as this might give you some clarity on the matter.failing that ask ghostie or the lark at the next game your at chief.

The club are not subsidising the £5 buses and if you read Ghostie's post he claims that Barossa Club could afford to reduce their prices too. If the reduction in the price encourages a few more fans to travel to watch Saints then that is great. It appears that some of the fans who use the Barossa Street bus are prepared to pay the extra for a variety of reasons.

We run a bus to 4 or 5 away games a year and will not be able to reduce the prices, I don't see the Muirton Suite/ 208 bus as a threat but as an opportunity to encourage more fans to travel to watch Saints.

Not interested in this Facebook & Twitter shite . i want my info on the Official site. Thtas where most fans check for info.

I would bet that 'this Facebook & Twitter shite' is where the majority of the club's online fan interaction will come from right now. Post up a news item and you get an immediate response, comments & feedback. In an age where Saints seem to be actively taking steps to get in touch with younger fans and encourage them to get involved with the club, 'this Facebook & Twitter shite' is exactly where they should be looking.

That being said, positive steps in the social media side of things shouldn't detract from the more established outlets (official website etc). These things all need to work in tandem, it shouldn't be a case of 'one or the other'. PR assault from all possible areas, equally.

No I am afraid I am a realist. Saints have a fairly small support. Saints are trying to encourage fans to attend matches and have buses leaving from the ground. Saints have a bar at the ground which is getting used by fans prior to the departure and probably when they arrive back form games. good business sense.

The Barossa street page talks about the profit being made on the buses, I take it Saints are just covering the cost, Ideally all the Clubs should get together book the buses through the one person and leave from the ground. That way £5 a head more going and the Club benefits form bar takings.

No I am afraid I am a realist. Saints have a fairly small support. Saints are trying to encourage fans to attend matches and have buses leaving from the ground. Saints have a bar at the ground which is getting used by fans prior to the departure and probably when they arrive back form games. good business sense.

The Barossa street page talks about the profit being made on the buses, I take it Saints are just covering the cost, Ideally all the Clubs should get together book the buses through the one person and leave from the ground. That way £5 a head more going and the Club benefits form bar takings.

ye want to put yer specks on chief.the barossa club donates money to saints ,no other club does this.shouldn't they and other travel clubs be afforded a subsidy from st.johnstone!. i don't think yer thick so i can only conclude you are doing an openshaw and are blinkered to one viewpoint and stuff the rest.

by what your saying you want all travelling fans to go to the muirton suite and go for a fiver.a fiver for how long?how long can ye sustain that?

who is the one person yer on about? adolf?

ye want to put yer specks on chief.the barossa club donates money to saints ,no other club does this.shouldn't they and other travel clubs be afforded a subsidy from st.johnstone!. i don't think yer thick so i can only conclude you are doing an openshaw and are blinkered to one viewpoint and stuff the rest.

I think you need to start reading what is written.

Your supporters page shows that on 4 buses you run so far this year you have made a profit of £480. Yes I think it is great that the Club is puttin money into Saints but at the same time you should be looking after your members by reducing the price you might even increase the membership and raise even more.

Also what sort of subsidy are the club paying? or is it just they are running the buses at cost.

As for your adolf comment get a grip.

the one person could be anyone even the Club. More buses being hired might even mean lower costs.

Edited by mainstand