Best "Banter" heard at a Saints game

Guest Bertrand

Guest Bertrand

Thinking of Fred Macauleys "****in....Booo!" joke from MTW - whats the best bit of banter/insult youve heard at a saints game?

I'd have to admit that when watching Saints play Killie and hearing the whole east stand absolutely roaring "Face like a Pizza" at Paul Wright I was reduced to tears of laughter in the stand - not only because of the hilarity of the song, but because it was so obvious he could hear it and how uncomfortable it made him.

This was followed up by a dive in the box from Wright and someone shouting "You looking for your spot cream down there you diving ba@stard?"

Classic

Also someone last year shouting "McBriiiiide - Your F*ckin shite" - despite him having left for about 8 years.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally Ghostie is left to his devices but last season or the season before he shouted "Hamilton, yer a carthorse" at a player thinking it was Jim Hamilton. It wasn't. He didn't even play for the team we were playing that day. Pretty much everyone sitting around him pointed this out. Very funny.

Not a dig at you, but I don't find ridiculing someone for the way they look funny in the slightest.

Sit near a guy that is a very gig Saintee who has followed us through thick and thin. In the darkest days in the lower leagues he was an expert on identifying really obscure players, he'd pick on a winger for say Stenhousemuir, who'd been on trial at Alloa and shout things like "Galbraith your shite, even Alloa don't want you."

The poor guy was part mortified and part proud that soemone recognised him.

It was a weekly occurrence with a different victim.

Not particularly at a Saints game, but one of my mates who is Raith daft got notoriety for shouting

"Ref, you were born a C**T, you'll die a C**T, and in-between you’re a C**T"

Of course that’s the most eloquent thing that’s come out of Kirkcaldy for a very long time

There is plenty of saints fans with IQ's lower than their number of fingers and toes and some of the stuff they come out with is cringeworthy.

At a recent game, a group of fans chanted " Oh, Allan McGregor, he used to be a saintee but he's a rapist now" for a fair chunk of the game at the Rangers keeper, who was of course Neil Alexander.

The guy who often sits in front of me obviously needed a little bit of help with his maths when he shouted, "Come on Millar, that's a 50:50 ball, you should be winning that 2 out of every 3 times!"

Best ever was when Allan McManus turned round and told someone who had been giving him dogs abuse, to **** off - that got the biggest cheer!

At a recent game, a group of fans chanted " Oh, Allan McGregor, he used to be a saintee but he's a rapist now" for a fair chunk of the game at the Rangers keeper, who was of course Neil Alexander.

Who are these vengaboys.They were singing it at Hibs away and Hearts at home and McGregor wasn't playing there either.Someone was also singing "One John Pelosi" and he's not played for years silly burgers.

Not particularly at a Saints game, but one of my mates who is Raith daft got notoriety for shouting

"Ref, you were born a C**T, you'll die a C**T, and in-between you’re a C**T"

Of course that’s the most eloquent thing that’s come out of Kirkcaldy for a very long time

What about...

COME ON YOUR MUM!!! :laugh:

Who are these vengaboys.They were singing it at Hibs away and Hearts at home and McGregor wasn't playing there either.Someone was also singing "One John Pelosi" and he's not played for years silly burgers.

And we really should stop singing " walking down the Dunkeld Road" after all we don't play at Muirton anymore :roll:

Those silly lads that sung that McGregor song looked what you've done now, why didn't you just think about it first. Shocking banter :wink:

People who were on past forums and the old Mailing List will no doubt expect me to chip in with my old fellow supporter's classics:

"Come on Saints, compensate for the wind!"

"Come on you, stop paintin' yer toenails!"

"McDiarmid is one of the rouder pitches in Scottish football, eh?"

"Come on Biscuits, pass it tae Preston"

"Get up ye poof it's a man's game!"

At New Douglas Park in October:

"1500 home supporters and you are supposed to be a serious SPL outfit!"

"Serious? Nobody takes them seriously! Even the name of thier team is some kind of f***ing wierd ironic joke!"

:D

(first post, so hello people)

There is plenty of saints fans with IQ's lower than their number of fingers and toes and some of the stuff they come out with is cringeworthy.

The guy who often sits in front of me obviously needed a little bit of help with his maths when he shouted, "Come on Millar, that's a 50:50 ball, you should be winning that 2 out of every 3 times!"

Best ever was when Allan McManus turned round and told someone who had been giving him dogs abuse, to **** off - that got the biggest cheer!

That was me and I was not giving him dogs abuse.. I merely shouted very loudly, " FFS McManus WAKE UP" He responded with " Feck off ya prick"

Funnily enough though, he did wake up and played a stormer after that..and I take full credit for that:laugh::laugh: