#37 - 27/03/10 - Hamilton Accies 1-0 Saints - SPL

thecat

Hamilton were getting rave reviews on BBC radio for their quality tonight great passing game with comment that it could have been 5 or 6 nil at half time. Hamilton haven't lost in their last 4 games and remember we have been beaten every game by Killie this season. Think it will be a tough one on Saturday.

Time to get confidence and our passing game back on track instead of the long ball game that is getting too predicatable.

Probably helps that they were wearing the Holland kit.

'Mon the Saints. Let's get stuck in on Saturday.

Heres hoping we get the ball down and give then a football lesson and not play into their hands with long ball football

Not sure who'll be fit for this one, but I hope Murray is rested considering hes playing injured at the moment and with plenty options there is no need.

Where are people having a pre match booze?

Heres hoping we get the ball down and give then a football lesson and not play into their hands with long ball football

Not sure who'll be fit for this one, but I hope Murray is rested considering hes playing injured at the moment and with plenty options there is no need.

Chambers Bar is the place to be. Avoid the Vaults.

Stick with the same defence and hope Gary plays himself back into a bit of form.

I always prefer a midfield with names beginning with 'M' - but with Moon injured and McKoy no longer with us it will have to be Miller, Morris, Muzz and Mr Craig.

Not sure who will make it upfront but if I had a choice from the walking wounded its would by Sammy and Kenny.

Substitutes: maximum cover, range of options to meet any eventuality, and meet under 21 rule.

Off to work.

Diddy long ball team, we should be able to pass them off the park

In Neil and McArthur they have a couple of excellent midfielders who are more than capable of retaining possession and keeping the ball.

There is no reason why we can't more than match them and win the game but folk have been writing off Hamilton as "diddy long ball team" for ages now. They won the first division and stayed up, also have a good chance of staying up again; I think there is a bit more to them than that.

In Neil and McArthur they have a couple of excellent midfielders who are more than capable of retaining possession and keeping the ball.

There is no reason why we can't more than match them and win the game but folk have been writing off Hamilton as "diddy long ball team" for ages now. They won the first division and stayed up, also have a good chance of staying up again; I think there is a bit more to them than that.

In the SPL and first divison I have never saw them play or even adapt any other method of play against us, they will play with that Dundee reject up front and pump the ball to him, lucky we now have Doobs and Dave at the back who can combat this

In the SPL and first divison I have never saw them play or even adapt any other method of play against us, they will play with that Dundee reject up front and pump the ball to him, lucky we now have Doobs and Dave at the back who can combat this

Lets hope he does not score against us this time then.

Some people might say all we do is hoof the ball up to Deuchar.

Lets hope he does not score against us this time then.

Some people might say all we do is hoof the ball up to Deuchar.

We do far too often, when we have excellent players, even more frustrating when we play this way when Kenny dosent play ala Tuesday

Sadly can see a really low crowd for this one, hopefully we can raise the noise a bit from the usual funeral that is NDP.

From what ive heard, it wouldnt be a bad idea to play Josh Falkingham (just signed) as he is a product of Gary McCallister whilst manger of Leeds. Alledgedly good ball player who can pass, we,ll see?

Our injury concerns are easing slightly as it looks like we'll only have the seven players out at the weekend, albeit there are a number carrying knocks but in reality, that problem will be the same one facing a lot of clubs at this time of the season. Out are Rutkiewicz, McCaffrey, Anderson, Hardie, Moon, Milne and MacDonald but our options up front do look improved with hopefully Sheridan, Deuchar, Samuel and Jackson all available.

We're starting to look a bit jaded with the run of games we're on and ideally it would have been Rangers on Saturday and then Accies next Tuesday, allowing McInnes to freshen things up for the weekend. I've pretty much lost faith in Irvine and can still remember the way Imrie used to terrorise him for Clyde. Keen to see Mackay continue at centre back with Duberry but needs must and he'll have to shift back to the right, with Gartland restored to the side. I don't care what any of the Gartland bashers say, there is no danger he's as poor as Irvine currently. I'm not convinced McInnes will go with either of the wingers away to Accies but if he rests Davidson then one of them might get a shot. Otherwise I can't see it as he'll surely play two up top. If Deuchar is available, I'm pretty sure he'll play, probably with Sheridan as I doubt the manager thinks Samuel or Jackson are ready for a start yet.

Smith

Mackay - Duberry - Gartland - Grainger

Millar - Morris - Davidson - Craig

Deuchar - Sheridan

Subbies: Main, Connolly, Morais, Samuel, Jackson, Sheerin, Swankie.

Accies seem to have unsurprisingly benefited from the return of the Bebo hacker, prior to which they'd only scored five goals in thirteen games. They are one defeat in eight though and have a midfield more than capable of getting on top of the game as Al C pointed out. A win puts a bit of pressure on Hearts again but in truth I'd probably take another point to keep Accies at a comfortable distance.

Our injury concerns are easing slightly as it looks like we'll only have the seven players out at the weekend, albeit there are a number carrying knocks but in reality, that problem will be the same one facing a lot of clubs at this time of the season. Out are Rutkiewicz, McCaffrey, Anderson, Hardie, Moon, Milne and MacDonald but our options up front do look improved with hopefully Sheridan, Deuchar, Samuel and Jackson all available.

We're starting to look a bit jaded with the run of games we're on and ideally it would have been Rangers on Saturday and then Accies next Tuesday, allowing McInnes to freshen things up for the weekend. I've pretty much lost faith in Irvine and can still remember the way Imrie used to terrorise him for Clyde. Keen to see Mackay continue at centre back with Duberry but needs must and he'll have to shift back to the right, with Gartland restored to the side. I don't care what any of the Gartland bashers say, there is no danger he's as poor as Irvine currently. I'm not convinced McInnes will go with either of the wingers away to Accies but if he rests Davidson then one of them might get a shot. Otherwise I can't see it as he'll surely play two up top. If Deuchar is available, I'm pretty sure he'll play, probably with Sheridan as I doubt the manager thinks Samuel or Jackson are ready for a start yet.

Smith

Mackay - Duberry - Gartland - Grainger

Millar - Morris - Davidson - Craig

Deuchar - Sheridan

Subbies: Main, Connolly, Morais, Samuel, Jackson, Sheerin, Swankie.

Accies seem to have unsurprisingly benefited from the return of the Bebo hacker, prior to which they'd only scored five goals in thirteen games. They are one defeat in eight though and have a midfield more than capable of getting on top of the game as Al C pointed out. A win puts a bit of pressure on Hearts again but in truth I'd probably take another point to keep Accies at a comfortable distance.

Other than I would prefer Morais to Millar who has looked off for a while now and maybe Falkingham in place of Jackson or Sheerin I would agree with every part of your post.

From what ive heard, it wouldnt be a bad idea to play Josh Falkingham (just signed) as he is a product of Gary McCallister whilst manger of Leeds. Alledgedly good ball player who can pass, we,ll see?

Hasn`t even made the bench yet which is surprising considering our injury problems so I can`t see him starting on Saturday.

Hasn`t even made the bench yet which is surprising considering our injury problems so I can`t see him starting on Saturday.

My main man Falky was on the bench at Parkhead waved to me in the crowd and did a You Tube dance, real cool cat. I'd drop Duberry and play him in the middle of the back four.

Ok I wouldn't but like to see him get a game before the season is up