#38 - 30/03/10 - Saints 4-1 Rangers - SPL

Bear

Get Gary Irvine back into the team and show some faith in him. He hasn't lost his ability over night. I understand why McInnes has dropped him, his form has been fairly poor but nows the time to give him a run until the end of the season and let him get some form and earn himself a contract.

Absolutely correct.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever team is out, I hope that it has 2 forwards, who play in a forward position :wink:

Rangers have looked roapy whenever I have seen teams attack them this season. It sounds bizarre when you look at the lead they have in the league but this is a poor rangers team in comparison to some of the sides that have pulled up at McDiarmid.

We have to defend from the front, keep the ball on the deck and pass it around grampa weir. Piece of piss, no high balls!!!

Whatever team is out, I hope that it has 2 forwards, who play in a forward position :wink:

Rangers have looked roapy whenever I have seen teams attack them this season. It sounds bizarre when you look at the lead they have in the league but this is a poor rangers team in comparison to some of the sides that have pulled up at McDiarmid.

We have to defend from the front, keep the ball on the deck and pass it around grampa weir. Piece of piss, no high balls!!!

Am I detecting optimism that Derek will learn from his previous failings or exasperation with our brilliant young manager:laugh:

just make sure the park is playable this time,

even if it means getting your tractors and horses out.:laugh:

Haha funny...Farmer jokes never get old mate. Is it because you feel insecure about walking in on **insert female relative here** being "ploughed" by the milkman??

Anyway onto the game, not expecting to take much from it, 4-5-1 didn't work, we couldn't contain the bloody Paixio brothers, how can we expect to contain one half of the bigot brothers? 4-4-2, hopefully Sammy can get in about the ageing legs of David Weir. No fear, knock the ball around, clear the lines and get lucky up top.

Let's hope he never does again; certainly not for us. We should be getting behind Gary Irvine, he's our player, he's an excellent right back who's struggliing for form. When a person is suffering they should be cured, not killed. Del's treatment of Gary is appalling. He wasn't allowed to go on loan and yet all he does is warm the bench.

I can't believe I'm such a lone voice on this matter; mind you I was a lone voice on 4-4-2 and Kevin Moon and Del costing us top six and you're all now starting to see how clever I am. Matter of time before you're all praising Stevie May's first SPL goal. Come on Del, get a grip.

As for tomorrow, I suspect that Sheridan will again be isolated up top on his own so perhaps Kevin could play "All by myself"?

Anyway the correct team is:

Main

Irvine-Mackay-Gartland-Anderson

Swankie-Millar-Craig-Grainger

Filipe-Deuchar

Smith, Duberry, Connolly, Morris, Davidson, Reynolds, May

Don't you just love the red tops.

Why is it that the media (or perhaps said player) feel the need to put a bloody old firm slant on everything.:evil:

I think they should have dropped the CELTIC from the "CELTIC" daft start to the story IMHO and I fail to see how the guy is a star in the sense that he's only started 1 game for saints (correct me if i'm wrong).

Anyway rant over.

Without wishing to endorse the self proclaiming 101 saint :D, I happen to agree that Gary Irvine's the man for me and the fans should get behind him to help bring back the good form he has shown in patches over the last couple of seasons.

My team would be:-

Smith

Irvine - Mackay - Duberry - Grainger

Swankie-Millar-Davidson-Craig

Sheridan-Morais

Main, Gartland, Morris, Sheerin, Samuel, Reynolds, May

No place in squad for Deuchar or Anderson.

I would see Swankie and Craig as being able to swap sides going forward and for me if you're playing Anderson it has to be at centre back, hence he doesn't make the squad (and I'm a big fan of his), also not sure if Gartland would be up to the pace of Rangers front line running at him for his first start since coming back into the squad. I also wouldn't be too upset if Sammy starts in lieu of Fil.

Lets have a right good go, top 6 is all but gone now, at least try and put one over Rangers which very few teams (aberdeen??) have done in the domestic league this year.

I'll not be there tonight due to work commitments, guess I'm a part time, non glory hunting boo boy.

MON the Blues,err Saints, err **** are in white tonight then??

Pixies - Winterlong?

No one here will have heard of it but I ****ing love the pixies.

Actually, you might know the Neil Young version.

PS MCFrancis,ye of little faith, Pixies are magic, best band ever to fill a T in Park slot at 4pm. Monkey gone to heaven is in my all time top 5 songs. :laugh:

Just found out that this game is on live in Singapore. 2.45 am start so might get a bit of kip first instead of getting stuck in to the voddie too early. Expect my humble opinions on everything and a MoM vote. Any comments of "what do you know, you never see a game" will be clinically dealt with. Speak to you all a bit later, off down the pool for a dip..it's sweltering here today :cool:

Area around Ibrox is under 2 feet of water just now and all the roads are closed. A9 south of Blackford is a mess with just frozen ruts to drive on and traffic down to about 35mph.

I've just fought my way through about 6" of snow in Cumbernauld. Driving rain/sleet and wind - I really don't fancy driving up to Perth tonight.