Player of the year

Capital Saint

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have a night in the pub where we all get lashed and finally come round to agreeing that Big Dave is player of the year by a country mile!! :laugh::laugh:

Rather than having a night as such, we could potentially decide a POY (in Edinburgh) and then perhaps present a trophy to said player at one of the Perth based award nights like the 208 or muirton do. I seem to remember Auchterarder club doing this in the Muirton Suite last year joint with the Muirton club (i think!). would save on cost of venue and getting players to go to edinburgh.

While we're at it we should appoint a Edinburgh based Saintees hero to present the award! Maybe Kano or Sheerins brother! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We should have a night in the pub where we all get lashed and finally come round to agreeing that Big Dave is player of the year by a country mile!! :laugh::laugh:

Rather than having a night as such, we could potentially decide a POY (in Edinburgh) and then perhaps present a trophy to said player at one of the Perth based award nights like the 208 or muirton do. I seem to remember Auchterarder club doing this in the Muirton Suite last year joint with the Muirton club (i think!). would save on cost of venue and getting players to go to edinburgh.

While we're at it we should appoint a Edinburgh based Saintees hero to present the award! Maybe Kano or Sheerins brother! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Agree with this idea and that Dave McKay is head and sholders above any other player for me.

Same goes for me. Piss up in Perth and Dave MacKay as player of the year. What about young player? Does muzz qualify for that?

would certainly get my vote for YPOTY. You cant really vote for the young guys who fill the bench and i reckon it should be someone in the U21 category. I think Mooner generally won the supporter club awards last year for youngster so davidson must qualify!

Piss up Edinburgh/Piss up Perth/Piss up in both - I'm easy with any of those options!

Dave Mackay gets my vote. Liam has been excellent the last 4 or 5 months, but I thought he started off the season poorly and looked a wee bit off the pace. For that reason, Sir Dave gets my vote.

Muzz has to be young player of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds good up for both.:) Can't wait as due a free night courtesy of GWR:wink:

Just need date and location now, although probably better to wait until find out if top six or bottom etc

I'm not forgetting i'm owe you a few pints Andy. What about Hamilton? I'll put the money behind the bar for you :laugh::laugh::laugh: you'll have to get the time off work part timer :wink:

Go for it big man

Ok i'll put the feelers out on this one.

If we are going to go ahead with this then we need to get started now.

Obviously we need to pay for a trophy so the more that want to get in involved will keep the costs down.

What's the opinion on the trophy / trophies? Are we going for POTY and young POTY? Or just POTY?

I'll find out costs of a trophy/trophies but if anyone knows of a good place to get these then let me know.

All those who want to contribute to this can they PM me or sent an email to the following address.

I've set up an email address which is edinburgh_saints@hotmail.co.uk (which we can use for the voting if this goes ahead)

If we get enough numbers in the next few days then I'll post details about how we will do the voting.

Over to you guys, i'm up for it so let me know what you think.

Anything happening with the POTY award? Are we doing anything about it? If we are then we need to get it sorted out for the Hamilton game. I'm happy to organise it if everyone else is up for doing something.

Sent you a PM with what i have found out so far in terms of getting something organised mate

Anything happening with the POTY award? Are we doing anything about it? If we are then we need to get it sorted out for the Hamilton game. I'm happy to organise it if everyone else is up for doing something.

It's your baby now.

Incidentally, did you get the fragrant lady in your avatar as a birthday gift.

Was she wrapped.:)

GWR well done ! Not sure about using PM facility so here goes.I cannot make the last game due to work but I am very happy to contribute to a trophy.Personally I would just go for POTY and my vote would be for Liam but would be very happy for DM to win as I think he is a close second.Alpha trophies on Ferry Rd seem to have a good reputation and have taken over Emslies which was always my company of choice when involved in amateur football.They have a website and their premises are easily accessible being in Leith.From past experience I think a Friday suits most and as such would propose we go for Friday 30th early evening somewhere central.(mathers etc )If you want to PM me I would then be able to reply.