Player of the year

Capital Saint

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not forgetting i'm owe you a few pints Andy. What about Hamilton? I'll put the money behind the bar for you :laugh::laugh::laugh: you'll have to get the time off work part timer :wink:

Happy birthday Mr Right, the longer I wait the more I will savour them!! As Kilgour says up for a few beers on the 30th to help cast my vote, although Tommy seems to have mentioned later about some other venture happening, no really into all this online voting crack, much prefer to decide over a beer, everyone together rather than Edinburgh east supporters club, edinburgh west, edinburgh north, edinburgh south having there own wee meeting, as I don't want to be in the pub in my own with the Musselburgh branch:laugh:

Happy birthday Mr Right, the longer I wait the more I will savour them!! As Kilgour says up for a few beers on the 30th to help cast my vote, although Tommy seems to have mentioned later about some other venture happening, no really into all this online voting crack, much prefer to decide over a beer, everyone together rather than Edinburgh east supporters club, edinburgh west, edinburgh north, edinburgh south having there own wee meeting, as I don't want to be in the pub in my own with the Musselburgh branch:laugh:

I agree. One venue.

I had done some stuff with regards to POTY but seem to have run out of time to do anything on it myself what with pending holidays and running out of weekends before the end of season.

I think the original plan was to have a night on the piss in edinburgh to raise cash and decide poty and then try and tag on to one of the other supporters groups (although i hadnt contacted any to discuss). I had spoken to the mercat about hiring out the downstairs bar and we should be able to get that on a free provided we spend enough at the bar (otherwise its 150 quid for a fri or sat night)! Shouldnt be a problem, so long as Gav and Harry are there!:laugh::laugh: however, given that there isnt much time now, im not sure of availability. we would need to be sure of a good turnout prior to booking too.

I wont be about for the last game of the season or the weekend of the Kilie game as im on holiday but im happy to help out during week if needs be. How selfish of my gran to have her 90th and a family reunion on the last day of the season!:laugh::laugh:

Ok, so who's up for a night out on the 30th then?

As Tommy has mentioned, there is the option of the Mercat. That will depend on numbers. So anyone who is planning on coming out can they post on here or PM me. Then we can decide on a venue.

Tommy has started the ball rolling with some ideas to raising some money and we should have some answers by next week on this. If we dont get that sorted out then for this season we may have to all chip in a small contribution for getting a trophy.

I'll ask the question about trying to arrange with another supporters club for presenting the trophy.

In the mean time who's up for a night out?

As Tommy has mentioned, there is the option of the Mercat. That will depend on numbers. So anyone who is planning on coming out can they post on here or PM me. Then we can decide on a venue.

Tommy has started the ball rolling with some ideas to raising some money and we should have some answers by next week on this. If we dont get that sorted out then for this season we may have to all chip in a small contribution for getting a trophy.

I'll ask the question about trying to arrange with another supporters club for presenting the trophy.

In the mean time who's up for a night out?

depends when it is!:wink:

have you a date in mind??

other possible venues that were mentioned were the upstairs in mccowans at fountainbridge or cargo. Sure there will be numerous other bars for consideration in the city centre and east end but i guess numbers and availability will largely dictate the venue

Are you trying to say that I didn't make it clear :wink:

Friday 30th April 2010 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

in that case im a maybe! :laugh::laugh:

Hopefully be able to make it for a couple assuming the train back from manchester is on time!

Edited to add that i didn't read your initial post properly! :oops:

Edited by st Tommy
stupidity

Any chance it could be Saturday the 31st of April?

It's just that Nold and I will be at a Friends leaving do on the 30th. She's going travelling for a while so we can't really miss it.

If not thats fine, just don't have any fun without us:wink:

No chance.

There are only 30 days in April.:)

It's my birthday on the 30th and my mates "let's bugger of to Oz" leaving party so I will not be in attendance.

Saturday the 1st of May is fine, but everyone generally has plans for the weekend ie fitba.

I am happy for Friday or Sat as I think Killie is a pie too far! As i dont get to many games and therefore have less Saints related expense I would be happy to make a decent contribution for a decent trophy. Any venue suits but I honestly feel there will not be a HUGE turnout (hope I am wrong) and you should pick a pub with that in mind.There is nothing worse than promising a bar a decent crowd and then a few of you standing about like pr*cks.

I am happy for Friday or Sat as I think Killie is a pie too far! As i dont get to many games and therefore have less Saints related expense I would be happy to make a decent contribution for a decent trophy. Any venue suits but I honestly feel there will not be a HUGE turnout (hope I am wrong) and you should pick a pub with that in mind.There is nothing worse than promising a bar a decent crowd and then a few of you standing about like pr*cks.

I agree with all of this. If we get more than 10 folk I would be shocked.

Not much point in hiring a function room. Just reserve a table at a decent boozer.

If you know the manager, he will probably provide snacks gratis.

If it is the saturday I may be a little tipsy from the previous night's reverie. I dinnae get oot much.............

So is Saturday the 1st May a more suitable date? Better to pick a date that more people can get too. If we are going to pick a pub to go to then i'll leave that up to you Edinburgh guys to pick somewhere. I'm happy wherever, so can someone pick somewhere?

I'll post an update with regards the latest plans for throphies/cost etc when I get more info this afternoon.

So is Saturday the 1st May a more suitable date? Better to pick a date that more people can get too. If we are going to pick a pub to go to then i'll leave that up to you Edinburgh guys to pick somewhere. I'm happy wherever, so can someone pick somewhere?

I'll post an update with regards the latest plans for throphies/cost etc when I get more info this afternoon.

From a selfish point of view i would prefer the friday (should manage a couple of pints) as i cant make the saturday at all.

Also, if it was to go ahead on the friday you would have an extra day to get the trophy sorted for the following weekend. :wink:

Ok here I go again. After speaking to a few guys that have made plans for attending on Friday 30th it's best to just leave it for that day.

Venue still to be decided to keep the ideas coming and then someone else decide.

And for anybody that cant make the night out, can they please still vote via a PM or email to edinburgh_saints@hotmail.co.uk.

I'm arranging 2 trophies today so the vote will be for POTY and Young POTY.

The cost of the trophies is around £95 (for both)

We plan to have a raffle to raise money for the trophies. All money raised will go towards the trophies and any extra will be used towards POTY awards for season 2010/2011.

So far we have a signed Saints top from this season and hopefully we can get other prizes as well. The raffle will take longer than the 2 weeks that we have left in the season so it may run for a bit longer. I'll pay for the trophies just now as we dont have time to wait on this.

And finally the question of presenting the trophies?

It has been arranged that around 6 or 7 of us will present the winners with their trophies on the pitch before the Hamilton game on the 8th of May.

The best way to pick the 6 or 7 is to draw the names out of a hat from everyone that votes for the POTY. Surely that's reason enough to get your votes in.

I'll pass on anymore info when I get it.

Ok here I go again. After speaking to a few guys that have made plans for attending on Friday 30th it's best to just leave it for that day.

Venue still to be decided to keep the ideas coming and then someone else decide.

And for anybody that cant make the night out, can they please still vote via a PM or email to edinburgh_saints@hotmail.co.uk.

I'm arranging 2 trophies today so the vote will be for POTY and Young POTY.

Good work.

Let me, Kenny and (maybe) Mr O'Leith know how it goes. Drunkenly I hope.:)

I'll PM my (blindingly obvious) suggestion.