#41 - 17/04/10 - Saints 2-2 St Mirren - SPL

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't see why we we're given the penalty on Saturday but after seeing the highlights on bbc sport Scotland it is without a doubt a penalty. Well done to the officials on that call.

As for Smiths decision to come rushing out of the box (again), I say drop him as punishment. Three strikes and your out.

You really would think he'd learn.

Must say the match report in the sun is rather quite funny -

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2936868/St-Johnstone-2-Buddies-2.html

"LET'S get the positive stuff about Charlie Richmond out of the way.

He was right to award St Johnstone a last-gasp penalty.

And now to the negative.

The way he came to the decision was a complete embarrassment.

Everyone inside McDiarmid Park knew SOMEONE had punched Murray Davidson's shot off the line.

But there was such a scramble in that six-yard box that, without a TV replay, it was difficult to tell who handled.

Richmond and his band of merry men certainly had no idea who the guilty party was.

If the whistler knew 100 per cent Stephen O'Donnell was the culprit, he'd have been straight over, put the ball on the spot and sent the Buddies star packing.

Instead he wandered round the pitch like a drunk looking for a kebab shop as he struggled to deal with the situation.

The St Mirren boys rounded on him, desperate to find out what was going on.

Richmond was probably desperate to tell them, except he didn't have a clue either.

So he sauntered over to assistant James Bee looking for some help.

Judging by the amount of time he was on the touchline Bee was as much use as a trolley dolly in Iceland."

Couldn't see why we we're given the penalty on Saturday but after seeing the highlights on bbc sport Scotland it is without a doubt a penalty. Well done to the officials on that call.

As for Smiths decision to come rushing out of the box (again), I say drop him as punishment. Three strikes and your out.

You really would think he'd learn.

Yet again I find myself criticising him. What did he hope to achieve coming out of his box like that? He wouldn't have been able to touch it with his hands, because he was out of the box and would have been sent off. He wouldn't have been able to touch the player because he would have been sent off. It was a dismal decision. He's a liability when he does stupid things like that, and he's done them time and time again. Show some consistency, McInnes.