#41 - 17/04/10 - Saints 2-2 St Mirren - SPL

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints team news:

St Johnstone defender Dave Mackay remains a doubt for tomorrow's Clydesdale Bank Premier League game against St Mirren.

Mackay was due to return to training today from the calf injury which ruled him out of Sunday's win at Aberdeen.

Striker Peter MacDonald is also back in training following the knee injury which has sidelined him for more than two months, and full-back Danny Grainger returns from suspension, but Stuart McCaffrey (groin) is still out.

Provisional squad: Smith, Duberry, Grainger, MacKay, Anderson, Morris, Craig, Swankie, Davidson, Morais, Millar, Deuchar, Sheridan, Samuel, Rutkiewicz, Main, Irvine, Reynolds, Falkingham.

Would definitely play Morais on the right tomorrow - not seen St Mirren team news yet but the chat on their forum is that they only have four fit defenders just now, and no natural left back. Would mean Millar either moved to the centre or dropping out entirely though...

I concur.

Interested to see whether the pressure being off translates to free flowing attacking football or a lack of fight. Either way, I can see there being a few goals tomorrow. St Mirren have conceded the second highest number of Away goals in the league (behind, er, us :oops:)

St Mirren team news:

St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson expects to name a similar squad to last week when they face St Johnstone in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

The Buddies boss has no fresh injury worries after his side came through last week's relegation scrap with Falkirk unscathed.

Jack Ross remains on the sidelines after being told he will miss the remainder of the season after succumbing to a persistent ankle problem.

Provisional squad: Gallacher, Innes, Mair, Robb, Barron, Potter, Thomson, Brady, Murray, Dorman, Carey, Higdon, Loy, Mehmet, O'Donnell, Howard, McLennan.

Hopefully we can convert a few new fans with a good win on the back of the "bring a friend" scheme.

Oh dear, a promotion week.

The pure fact that there is an "initiative" to promote the club this weekend is a deciding factor for me. I reckon we will lose this one. Everytime we have taken a step to draw fans in, in the past, it has resulted in a loss on the pitch and a dismal game. Remember the 'Win a Car' game.

We usually manage to play awful in front of these potential new, or returnee, supporters. If we win this one it will be a first.

Fingers crossed though.

I'm very sad I cannot make this game. Gutted in fact :(

Same here Muzzle, probably not going to be at another game until the last game of the season, mon the saints! Stevie May and Jacko will rip it up over the next few weeks if given a chance.

Smith

Irvine Anderson Dubbery Grainger

Swankie Morris Craig Morais

Deuchar Sheridan.

Subs- main, rusty, gartland, davidson, sammy, may, millar

Would like us to have a right go at St Mirren today, with both Morais and Swankie on the wings, getting balls into Deuchar and Sheridan in the box. Millar has been great this season, but now we are safe, a wee rest for one game won't do him any harm. I'd also like to see Davidson given a wee rest, I'm not sure if he is fully over his injury?

Smith

Irvine Anderson Dubbery Grainger

Swankie Morris Craig Morais

Deuchar Sheridan.

Subs- main, rusty, gartland, davidson, sammy, may, millar

Would like us to have a right go at St Mirren today, with both Morais and Swankie on the wings, getting balls into Deuchar and Sheridan in the box. Millar has been great this season, but now we are safe, a wee rest for one game won't do him any harm. I'd also like to see Davidson given a wee rest, I'm not sure if he is fully over his injury?

I love your team but Jacko would take Sammy's place. If he's offski - no point in helping him. This is a business, this is about Saints, these games are all about next year. Jacko and May need SPL goals. Sheridan, despite my grave reservations, has to stay in because he is now showing flashes of ability.

ps Your team has no chance of appearing :-(

Same here Muzzle, probably not going to be at another game until the last game of the season, mon the saints! Stevie May and Jacko will rip it up over the next few weeks if given a chance.

Where do you think you are going, like?

I need you in the stand in case broonsaint tries to scud my lug:laugh: