General Manager

Reebee

• 2 weeks later...
You heard it here first..

Stuart Hutton ex of Twa Tams fame and currently front of house manager at the concert hall.

Correction, currently catering manager of Concerthall and theatre (sorry to be anal), but yeah, he's the new GM. Really nice guy and has a good mind for business, though by this appointment, the role will be 100% on the business/non-footballing side i.e. make as much money off the pitch as we can as he has no footballing background.

Correction, currently catering manager of Concerthall and theatre (sorry to be anal), but yeah, he's the new GM. Really nice guy and has a good mind for business, though by this appointment, the role will be 100% on the business/non-footballing side i.e. make as much money off the pitch as we can as he has no footballing background.

He will hopefully allow for what currently runs well and efficiently for the club to continue to do so and pick up the areas that aren't bringing in as much revenue as they should be and seek to develop these.

Hopefully he will at least understand the importance of getting the matchday to go ahead and the consequences should it not go ahead... something the previous General Manager failed to grasp. But then according to those on here the footballing side can be dealt with by transferrable skills. Cause that worked before didn't it?!:roll:

Good luck in your new role Mr Hutton.

He will hopefully allow for what currently runs well and efficiently for the club to continue to do so and pick up the areas that aren't bringing in as much revenue as they should be and seek to develop these.

Hopefully he will at least understand the importance of getting the matchday to go ahead and the consequences should it not go ahead... something the previous General Manager failed to grasp. But then according to those on here the footballing side can be dealt with by transferrable skills. Cause that worked before didn't it?!:roll:

Good luck in your new role Mr Hutton.

I was going to post a reply, but it would be wasted. :)

Never heard of the guy until I looked at this thread yesterday and then 5 minutes ago somebody (who sounded like a well known voice from the official site interviews!) called my direct dial number looking to speak to him. I politely informed him that he had the wrong number rather than playing along!

Spooky!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it was true that Mr Hutton has departed. Might the inability of successive General Managers to hold down the post for more than 18 months suggest that Board expectations are unrealistic? Or that they are poor recruiters? I suppose a counter-argument would be the success of the Team Manager appointment.

So it was true that Mr Hutton has departed. Might the inability of successive General Managers to hold down the post for more than 18 months suggest that Board expectations are unrealistic? Or that they are poor recruiters? I suppose a counter-argument would be the success of the Team Manager appointment.

You have to remember that the last 2 General Managers have been nrought in to take over froma General Manager who was totally committed to the Club and in post for over 15 years. The first GM was brought in as a replacement for Stewart Duff which did not work and they then rejigged the post and split the footballing side form the business side and brough in someone with more of the conference experience. So totally different jobs.

Strange ame you have there XGM you either have more to say or just a strange name. :)

• 2 years later...