#44 - 05/05/10 - Falkirk 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referee was appauling.

Shold have heard the comments on the online commentary, they weren't holding back on their dsibelief at the number of cards going Saints way and the decisions against them and as for Sheridan's 'goal' they were apopolectic as they saw it as a good goal, even on the replay.....

Wouldn't want to be a Falkirk fan on Saturday anyway!

Wouldn't want to be one any day of the week actually :laugh:

Were you at Airdrie last year?

GM, how can you even think that is a valid argument, comparing Airdire last year with the SPL games this year..... Some of our established players struggled this season where they had been expected to sail through so asking us to apply that to a youngster with only limited exposure to big-boys football is really unbelievable. :shock:

GM, how can you even think that is a valid argument, comparing Airdire last year with the SPL games this year..... Some of our established players struggled this season where they had been expected to sail through so asking us to apply that to a youngster with only limited exposure to big-boys football is really unbelievable. :shock:

You can only beat what's in front of you. Reynolds spent 70 minutes huffing and puffing, Mayzo came on and scored in 10? minutes. Yes the opposition was crap, yes it was a bizarre game; but as Del says, everytime you raise the standard of opposition, the wee man comes up trumps.

Shite referee.

I thought we played resaonably well second half after we'd binned the silly formation, although Sheerin was brought on too early and was puffed by the end. Defence looked solid, especially Doobs and Grainger and a couple of good stops from Smith.

Sheridan has been gash the past few times I've seen him, but to be fair I don't think he plays well in the 4 3 3 thing or whatever we were playing first half. I have made up my mind now that he's not worth paying money for if that's what it comes down to.

Good debut from the wee man and I hope he gets a start on Saturday. Well done to Danny Grainger as well who has been solid for weeks if not months now.

Falkingham has 2 years of age on May & Reynolds and the other boys you have mentioned.

At 17, I'm sure Falkingham was playing at a level higher than those boys have been playing at. That's no disrespect to those boys or ourselves. He's come from a better level. The kids you have mentioned haven't really done anything to deserve that they should be playing.

If they were ready for the first team week in week out, then Del would have them in there. He obviously feels like they aren't at a level capable enough yet.

Great point! ref was seeing a different game although did try to let the game play on, only for what appeared to be Falkirks benefit.

Stone wall penalty denied, which I blame on the ref who was in a terrible position!

The undefeated run in the bottom 6 continues, this is a good way to start next season!

The kids you have mentioned haven't really done anything to deserve that they should be playing.

If they were ready for the first team week in week out, then Del would have them in there.

I disagree on both points. Has Falkingham scored for his country?

He obviously feels like they aren't at a level capable enough yet.

I don't trust his judgement.

If Del is telling the truth about Liam's exclusion, he is sending out a mixed message. He can't now say he's fielding his strongest team and ergo he should now play for next year. He's either a liar or deeply confused. I'll say he's confused.

You are trying to take the piss, He should play for now and run the rick of losing an influential player for the first number of games for next season.

If he played him and he was suspended 2 guesses who the first person to mention it would be. You just don't have the guts or the balls to admit that Del is a good manager and you got it wrong,

You are trying to take the piss, He should play for now and run the rick of losing an influential player for the first number of games for next season.

If he played him and he was suspended 2 guesses who the first person to mention it would be. You just don't have the guts or the balls to admit that Del is a good manager and you got it wrong,

But he played Ando!

Is he playing our strongest squad or not?

Is Liam part of our strongest squad?

But he played Ando!

Is he playing our strongest squad or not?

Is Liam part of our strongest squad?

Is ando a booking away from a ban?

Liam is certainly part of our strongest squad.

Del is looking at the bigger picture and like nearly every other manager in the country he will do what is best for the CLUB for the long term. Why risk losing Liam for the first 4 or 5 games of the season.

It is anything but rocket science,

Del is looking at the bigger picture and like nearly every other manager in the country he will do what is best for the CLUB for the long term. Why risk losing Liam for the first 4 or 5 games of the season.

Is that the only reason for Liams omission last night?

Is ando a booking away from a ban?

Liam is certainly part of our strongest squad.

It is anything but rocket science,

Ando, Deuchar and Craig are all on four bookings. I have no problem dropping Craig to protect him from a ban, but don't then play Ando who's surely more likely to be booked! Furthermore, I agree with you that Craig is part of the strongest squad, ergo we are not playing our strongest XI.

He should not risk Ando in the Hamilton game.

That was an awful game.

4-3-3... No need to say anymore!

As far as I could see it wasn't 4-3-3. Sammy was playing left midfield in exactly the same role as Morais would have.

When Murray went off, Millar moved in one and Josh went right midfield.

When Sheridan went off, Sammy went up top and Sheerin left midfield.

As far as I could see it wasn't 4-3-3. Sammy was playing left midfield in exactly the same role as Morais would have.

When Murray went off, Millar moved in one and Josh went right midfield.

When Sheridan went off, Sammy went up top and Sheerin left midfield.

:shock:

Well please tell me why Jody spend most of his time out on the left wing?

Ando, Deuchar and Craig are all on four bookings. I have no problem dropping Craig to protect him from a ban, but don't then play Ando who's surely more likely to be booked! Furthermore, I agree with you that Craig is part of the strongest squad, ergo we are not playing our strongest XI.

He should not risk Ando in the Hamilton game.

How do you know what points he got for his bookings?

5 bookings does not automatically give you a ban. It may be that another booking would still leave Deuchar and Ando below the points threshold. It took Duberry 6 bookings for his ban,