clachan construction

real bell 7

No i`m self-employed but my nephew works in the perth council offices and told me what its like. Guys at the top gettin huge salaries for doin feck all

So he is not a civil servant. The reference from andy related to civil Servants.

Your nephew is a obviously a council worker, I don;t know about the huge salaries and doing feck all.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he is not a civil servant. The reference from andy related to civil Servants.

Your nephew is a obviously a council worker, I don;t know about the huge salaries and doing feck all.

Come on man you cant be blind its a well known fact that the majority of council office workers in this country have got some of the cushiest jobs goin.Posts get created higher up the ladder to accomodate boys and their friends

I will give you another one. My mate is a postie[civil servant] spens a lot of his shift sleeping in his lorry or his shift is supposed to finish at a certain time and hes home and finished an hour or so earlier. They have a cheek to go out on strike aswell, laughable

Come on man you cant be blind its a well known fact that the majority of council office workers in this country have got some of the cushiest jobs goin.Posts get created higher up the ladder to accomodate boys and their friends

I will give you another one. My mate is a postie[civil servant] spens a lot of his shift sleeping in his lorry or his shift is supposed to finish at a certain time and hes home and finished an hour or so earlier. They have a cheek to go out on strike aswell, laughable

Posties are not civil servants either. as for Council workers I honestly haven;t heard that from friends I know that work in local authority.

If you think it is that bad go and see your councillor, it is them that vreate new posts.

Iam telling you what I know of where I work and it is nothing like you seem to think, but it seems to be the way with those that work in the private sector or are self employed in that they think they are the only ones that work.

Posties are not civil servants either. as for Council workers I honestly haven;t heard that from friends I know that work in local authority.

If you think it is that bad go and see your councillor, it is them that vreate new posts.

Iam telling you what I know of where I work and it is nothing like you seem to think, but it seems to be the way with those that work in the private sector or are self employed in that they think they are the only ones that work.

As far as i'm led to believe posties are civil servants. As far as your self-employed comment goes that aint the case at all.

• 1 month later...

Although not a construction company, I was speaking to a owner of acompany taht does embroidery of badges etc, he was telling us that Akexandria workwear had gone down the tubes leaving him £16k out of pocket. Had a to lay a lassie off. alexandria have now been taken over by an American company who contacted him a week later to see if he would like to continue doing business with them. Wonder how many sub contractors etc will be in the same position and just have to bite the bullet and take the work.

Although not a construction company, I was speaking to a owner of acompany taht does embroidery of badges etc, he was telling us that Akexandria workwear had gone down the tubes leaving him £16k out of pocket. Had a to lay a lassie off. alexandria have now been taken over by an American company who contacted him a week later to see if he would like to continue doing business with them. Wonder how many sub contractors etc will be in the same position and just have to bite the bullet and take the work.

When did Alexandria go tits up?

• 2 weeks later...
Sad to hear about Spittal & McGlashan I remember them and McKay the painters away back from when I was an apprentice circa 1955/1960 top firms. The saddest part is when an old established firm gets dragged down by the dealings of some bunch of numptys no justice !!

hi my grandad was victor mcglashan the other half of spittal and mcglashan i have been doing the family tree and would be glad of any info if you can rember anything my gran sold the business in 1985 thanks in advanced ali