North Inch Golf Course

St Mikey

Is it getting better or worse nowadays?

A pal at PKC said they were thinking of shutting it completely but seems to still be potentially dying a long and painful death.

Good course if the money is put into it and starter hut facilities could be improved.

Must be the only course I have played where a jakey on a bike stole my ball on the 5th hole and put it on the green instead of the 30 yards short I was. Try finding in the R&A book how to play that one!!??!!??

Too precious to be binned! Look at the howlsof protest concerning the new bridge across the Tay they are building, sems it encroaches on the unique 15th hole. This is a golf course used by how many? How many more would be using the bridge (pedestrians and bikes)?

Considering the length of the Tay; what a***hole decided to plonk the new bridge over the course. It would ruin two perfectly good golf holes.

Surely the obvious choice would be from the path behind the 14th tee.

We had a big enough stooshie over the fairly "NEW" City Hall's demise; surely the golf course is a much more important part of the Fair City's history. It is after all one of the oldest courses in the world.

Considering the length of the Tay; what a***hole decided to plonk the new bridge over the course. It would ruin two perfectly good golf holes.

We had a big enough stooshie over the fairly "NEW" City Hall's demise;

yer right

Totally agree plenty of other places to put the bridge.

But is it not maybe lord mansfield being awkward with his land and where the bridge goes. Not 100% sure so dont quote me on it.

Back on topic folks.

We are not talking about a bloomin' bridge but the golf course.

Interesting to see if member numbers have declined over the last few years.

Not played it for some 10 years.Shot my best ever 78 round there as a lad played it every week back then was thinking of going up next week for a round to see what its like. My mate went down a couple of sats ago and said he walked straight on. Best hole for me was always the 7th after annies well (the one with the pole) is it still the same?

• 1 year later...
The 15th hole along by the river is one of the most scenic in Britain.

Not if you hook the ball it ain't:evil:

On another matter; I'd love to know how many days each season, that the course is reduced to 9 holes due to flooding/water damage.

It's a decent course when fully open, but a rip off when reduced to 9.

I recall playing a saturated 9 holes one Sunday, and they had the cheek to charge the full whack. Needless to say, the visitors I had brought along were less than impressed, and wouldn't consider playing there again.

the course is ok but not maintained well at all and for the price for a game on a public course is shocking £21 for an adult at the weekend and £17 on a week day for the council dont really care about and would prefer to getr rid of it

Could be worse look at the Donald Trump course. £150 and £200 a round. :)