Hearts game - pre match bacon rolls and beer

Nelly78

As the game is only just over a week away, and my flat is only 5 mins walk from Tynecastle and even less from The Tav, I thought I'd better invite you chaps and chapesses round for pre match bacon rolls and beers.

Feel free to pop round, probably for about 11am (definitely not before 10.30 though). We'll provide the bacon and rolls, you'll need to provide your own beer/babycham/bucky.

Just let me know via text or pm whether you're coming, so I can get an idea on numbers. I'll let you know my address then, cos I'm ****ed if I'm going to post that on here!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nelly

looking for a parking bay .are you up around the Polwarth

I am indeed. I'll need to let you into the car park, as it's got an electric gate over it to stop buggers like you parking in it when they go to the football!!! :)

I'll pm you my address and mobile number tomorrow. Must dash now, as away out to do festival stuff!

Bear-You can park in Dorset Pace (opps Polwarth Tavern) on a Sat without any restrictions. Yellow lines and permit holders only spaces are fine to park in all day. Its only during the week that the restrictions kick in.

and its next to the pub and a 5min walk to Nellys

So what's the plans for tomorrow morning then?

Round at Nelly's for 11am for beers and Bacon rolls then up to the Polwarth Tav for 12:00 to catch the Inverness - Celtic game 12:15 Kick off?

Sounds good to me. Although beer sounds like a bad idea just now, I'm sure I'll be back on it tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Well its just about here again and because you have nt bothered your arses to make a thread I'm using an old one.I've heard a strong rumour that the Saintees are playing the jam'bos of old reekie toon in a few weeks and some hoors fae Perth are gonna be getting jiggi wi it in your boozer the Polwarth of tavern.

I might be mistaken but there might be a wee surprise:shock: for the Perth'ers making the short journey down from the heart of Scotland.So we look forward to your fine welcome and great hospitality again.

CYS

I Have been liaising with Ben (one of the co-owners of the Polwarth) regarding the 3rd of December. I mentioned that there will be a large number of Saints fans through for the game not unlike the first game of last season. As there are a few of us Edinburgh Saints that are locals Ben has agreed that Saints fans will receive some special treatment on the day. He has agreed to large spread being put on free of charge, most likely to be chilli con carne etc. As well as reduced prices on Tennants from £2.90 down to £2.60 for Saints fans.

Not too bad considering he’s a Jambo himself!

Any questions regarding the day or the pub it's self just ask myself.