Hearts game - pre match bacon rolls and beer

Nelly78

Strange that this thread has made a reappearance, as I was just thinking about hosting the pre-pub beer and bacon rolls last night! Being as it's my birthday that day I thought we should all get on the beers early.

If anyone's up for it PM me or send me a text so I've got any idea of numbers.

Dougie, what time's Ben going to open the Pol for us?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that this thread has made a reappearance, as I was just thinking about hosting the pre-pub beer and bacon rolls last night! Being as it's my birthday that day I thought we should all get on the beers early.

If anyone's up for it PM me or send me a text so I've got any idea of numbers.

Dougie, what time's Ben going to open the Pol for us?

11am as far as I'm aware.

Pm'd Nelly on facebook,but could one of you guys give directions on how to get from Haymarket to the Poly walking.I know there is a path with a subway leading from Dalry rd to FeckD*nd** St. but not sure how far along it is.If you could post it here and on the main thread for folk that aint been to the boozer before,vma.CYS

Directions....

1) turn right when you come out of Haymarket station,

2) go round the corner past Ryries pub

3) you are now on Dalry road, walk about 200yds

4) on opposite side of the road there is a Dominos, cross the road and take the road that beside dominos (called orwell terrace)

5) go straight ahead, and when this road curves to the left, continue straight ahead through the underpass

6) Turn right onto dundee street, then take 1st left onto Yeaman Place.

7) walk up the hill, keep straight ahead going past 1st road on the left, then when you get to a crossroads, you are there, the polwarth tavern is across the junction on the right....

EASY!

What are everyones plans for tickets? cheaper to buy beforehand.... I cannot remember if it is a free for all or if you have to sit in set seats? can anyone remember?

Usually allocated seating to start with then the people at the front move up if / when it starts raining !

Planning to get a ticket after the hibs game i think.

Well that's you, me, my old man and nold so far. Anyone else just let me know!

Will probably head up as well, depends on the time etc, will speak to you at the game tomorrow, did the pub no open at 10:30 for one of the games two years ago, maybe it was an early kickoff, remember meeting Harry their pretty sharp

As they say could all get a bit Lionel Messi if this is the starting time:cool:

Dougie could you confirm the opening time, being the man in the know, cheers

Well that's you, me, my old man and nold so far. Anyone else just let me know!

Count Alicia and I in too, I will see if Gary is up for it aswell... We will come in on our way to the Polworth... Would say hi to you at HT today, but supersaint is making a special half time appearance so i will be sitting in the posh stand for todays match!

Will probably head up as well, depends on the time etc, will speak to you at the game tomorrow, did the pub no open at 10:30 for one of the games two years ago, maybe it was an early kickoff, remember meeting Harry their pretty sharp

As they say could all get a bit Lionel Messi if this is the starting time:cool:

Dougie could you confirm the opening time, being the man in the know, cheers

Spoken with Ben this evening and he has agreed to open at 10:30 on Saturday morning for us. On one condition the Neil brings up a Bacon roll for him! :)

Spoken with Ben this evening and he has agreed to open at 10:30 on Saturday morning for us. On one condition the Neil brings up a Bacon roll for him! :)

Deal!

What time do you reckon for bacon rolls then folks? 9.45 -ish start should give us time for a couple of rolls each and a beer or 2 I reckon before heading round to The Pol. I'll probably head up at about 11am so that my dad has time to get fed and watered after his bus journey through from Perth.

For those coming who don't know my address, drop me a text or a PM and I'll let you know! Cheers.

Deal!

What time do you reckon for bacon rolls then folks? 9.45 -ish start should give us time for a couple of rolls each and a beer or 2 I reckon before heading round to The Pol. I'll probably head up at about 11am so that my dad has time to get fed and watered after his bus journey through from Perth.

For those coming who don't know my address, drop me a text or a PM and I'll let you know! Cheers.

Sound's like as good a time as any to me.

Deal!

Unsure what the numbers on the first train are yet Kirky.Probably wont know till on the day.We were gonna just go to Rose st but with the Poly opening early there's not much point and we want to get a seat before all the Reekie saints steal them all:wink: