Jean Rattray Deed

Watty

I've seen him at Saints games. He was sitting in front of me at the U19 Cup game against Celtic.

LAUGH OUT LOUD! I do remember that and a few of his banterish comments that night!

I seem to bump into him most lunchtimes and the whole of the High St finds out my name! :lol: Harmless though, so to mention him in the same category as Jeannie and Max is harsh! :P

What about 'stubby-toes' of Methven - Saintkev regularly falls out with him! :lol::lol:

I've seen him at Saints games. He was sitting in front of me at the U19 Cup game against Celtic.

Was in Carlisle when we went down there a few years ago.

Yes, that's Richard :D He is not mad btw, but does have a medical condition and is completely harmless. Just try chatting to him, I do!

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

There is awoman that lives/used to live in the flats in Victoria Street who used to talk to the bins and the lampposts - i once saw her giving the road a row for something. Bizarre!

Richard is okay. Kevin is right just try talking to him.

I am surpised at how everyone seems to all of a sudden have fond memories of Jean. I often told her to f*** off loads as she begged money, fags or whatever in the street.

I would be interested to hear her life story, but from what I understand she was just a normal person who was an alcoholic, which is unfortunate in itself.

End of the day would any of us get articles written about us for being 'normal', working people if we were to drop dead. I dont think so. :?

Also BH can you tell me where you get the fact on stumpy? I have two friends who work in the skinnergate and tell me he is 'a lifer' in there. I am not having a go by the way just curious now. :wink:

Was the lucky white heather woman Jean's sister or was that just a crap rumour?

Why? My encounter as mentioned was with Jeannie and I'm not sure where she got the heather to be honest. An old friend had a similar experience around the same time but she may have been stopped doing it. It was outside what was Radio Rentals. Most of the times I seen her were in the South Street and often keeled over.

She was a character and different but who knows what went wrong.

Anyway here's a wee tribute from David Bowie and the late great Mick Ronson on guitar followed by Daryl Hall Click

Spotted some weirdo young lad on a bike with a trailer attached to it going up the lane next to morrisons going 'beep beep' no idea if he was being ironically mental or just was plain off his nut. Anyone encountered this potential fruitcake?

the shit nearly ran me over. dont think he is right in the head like :shock:

Why? My encounter as mentioned was with Jeannie and I'm not sure where she got the heather to be honest. An old friend had a similar experience around the same time but she may have been stopped doing it. It was outside what was Radio Rentals. Most of the times I seen her were in the South Street and often keeled over.

Sorry, I mean a different woman, the Lucky White Heather Woman used to hang about the High Street in the 80s and 90s and would always be selling heather. She used to wander up to you and drunkly ask if you would like some 'Lucky White Heather' - hence the name. The rumour I heard was she was Jean's sister but I doubt if it's true. She moved to Aberdeen in the mid-90s and was found dead in a skip up there in about '98 IIRC.

Sorry, I mean a different woman, the Lucky White Heather Woman used to hang about the High Street in the 80s and 90s and would always be selling heather. She used to wander up to you and drunkly ask if you would like some 'Lucky White Heather' - hence the name. The rumour I heard was she was Jean's sister but I doubt if it's true. She moved to Aberdeen in the mid-90s and was found dead in a skip up there in about '98 IIRC.

Maybe she gave some to Jeannie and started a trend. :lol:

Jeannie, once seen never forgotten, although when I seen her for the very last time a couple of weeks ago she was face down. :cry:

I was always told they were sisters, but have no proof either way.

Ah, is he the guy that also does a lot of fun runs and the like for charities and likes to tell you about it as you walk by him?

Thats the one - he always used to were a long Dr Who type scarf when we first encountered him 20+ years ago and as Kev mentioned he was always trying to chat to my missus who was not amused !! :lol:

Methven has Black Bob... a millionaire guy that scrimps and saves, by living in a wee hut and never washing and walking everywhere he goes, I don't know why this makes him unable to speak, but growl instead?!

methven also has peem, cycles everywhere even his holidays :shock: all though its only to bankfit :lol:

I mind being up in Aberdeen with the missus circa 1996/97 and was shocked, stunned and slightly taken aback tae see Lucky White Heather selling her luck bringing fauna outside of the Bon Accord Centre. Never could work out in ma heid how she'd amanged tae get to Aberdeen becos being in a constant state of drunkeness I figured it would've been a mean feat. This explains things, so thanks Big Cheese, that hud been buggin me for the best part of a decade, i owe you one. Sorry to hear of her demise, what a grisly find that must've been for the skip cleaner outter.

I've asked the three guys who were with me when we seen Jeannie with the heather and two said it was her (Ricky and Jangus) and the the other was a Social Worker (Pongo) and so by definition was indecisive ... 'well maybe this ... and ... maybe that'.

Anyway we seen her a million other times and she looked the same. :lol:

Yes, that's Richard :D He is not mad btw, but does have a medical condition and is completely harmless. Just try chatting to him, I do!

Richards a legend! He come's into Tesco's singing "I predict a riot" at the top of his voice while chatting to every customer and employee - every Saturday

the shit nearly ran me over. dont think he is right in the head like :shock:

Yeh thats "fat Gav" as we call him, used to stay beside me with his Granny and Grandad. Cheecky wee( :roll: ) shite he is. Sell ice creams from his bike trailer and used to go round with a lolly box stapped onto his head selling lollies.

Has seemed to quit going to lessons at the high to help the jannies all day aswell!

Yeh thats "fat Gav" as we call him, used to stay beside me with his Granny and Grandad. Cheecky wee( :roll: ) shite he is. Sell ice creams from his bike trailer and used to go round with a lolly box stapped onto his head selling lollies.

Has seemed to quit going to lessons at the high to help the jannies all day aswell!

hes a feckin weirdo

Trolly-man (the old man with the trolly) lives underneath the old bridge, on the city side... not seen him for some time though.

Pritty sure he is a millionare, and some blonde twenty year old married him for his money not to long ago.

'Fat Gav' needs to get a bell on his bike as one day someone is going to lamp him for going 'beep beep' :x

Does Trolley-man really live under the bridge? I thought he stayed in the basement bit of one of those offices/flats near the bridge? You often see his trolley sitting there. Surely you would need to be desperate to live under that bridge :?