Accounts

Radford 72

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this morning we've posted a £60,000 loss which is partly due to the home games that were postponed.

And income is gonna be markedly down this financial year. Anyone one else wanna have a rant about how bad Del's sigings were this summer? Oh and tickewts are far too expensive, if only we cut the prices of entry we'd make so much more money!

I hope all those live fast, die young dickheads come on here and have the balls to apologise. A wage bill of around £2M is much too much, Del needed his spending cut and twas done. BUT, because our club is run by realistic fans, we are still able to sign Maybury.

If you want short term glory, please get off the train at Dundee, Livingston, or Gretna.

Thank you, to our board and thank you Del.

And income is gonna be markedly down this financial year. Anyone one else wanna have a rant about how bad Del's sigings were this summer? Oh and tickewts are far too expensive, if only we cut the prices of entry we'd make so much more money!

Impossible to say that with much certainty. If the income will be down until you see what the team does on the park. If we got to a scottish final or semi and made the top 6 then the income would be significantly up.

I hope all those live fast, die young dickheads come on here and have the balls to apologise. A wage bill of around £2M is much too much, Del needed his spending cut and twas done. BUT, because our club is run by realistic fans, we are still able to sign Maybury.

If you want short term glory, please get off the train at Dundee, Livingston, or Gretna.

Thank you, to our board and thank you Del.

Do you happen to know about the SPL placing payments? I seem to recall that they were staged so we will see our 8th place posted in next years P&L.

Impossible to say that with much certainty. If the income will be down until you see what the team does on the park. If we got to a scottish final or semi and made the top 6 then the income would be significantly up.
Weather will be a big factor too.

Geoff seems positive on the official site

I am telling you that it will be down. It's called a prediction. I take facts and reason to make a statement about what will happen in the future. You should try it, it's terrific fun hawking up old posts and proving your doubters wrong.

You know the sort of thing. Sheridan's coming back, Duff's gonna

sign:laugh::laugh:

I should really be charging you, I am giving you a very good education these days. It's horrific that you earn more than me. I fear that lang toon saintie does too...

Geoff Brown says general income will be down as well - you want to pick an argument with him? :)

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/4081/st-johnstone-fc-post-60-000-loss.html

Geoff Brown says general income will be down as well - you want to pick an argument with him? :)

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/4081/st-johnstone-fc-post-60-000-loss.html

No he doesn't. He wants to pick me with me. He will eventually win one, but hopefully he's retired by then and less of a drain on the UK economy!

So the only reason that we actually made a loss was because we fluffed up the 80k or something you get from finishing a league place higher (i.e, if we hadnt lost to hamilton on the last day)?

Plus the loss of the TV money from the Rangers game I would imagine didn't help

So the only reason that we actually made a loss was because we fluffed up the 80k or something you get from finishing a league place higher (i.e, if we hadnt lost to hamilton on the last day)?

That's totally the wrong attitude. Last season, despite Del's mistakes costing us top six, was hugely successful for a club like Saints. Whilst we were silly with some of the contracts given out last summer, Dinky and Caff being classic examples, we generally ran a tight ship. We oughta turn a helathy profit in years like that. No wonder we can't afford an U19 team.

To make a loss is very worrying and indicates that the fans did not support the club in the way the board expected. Without getting into specifics, the board were very disappointed by the attendances last season and they accept that these will drop this season.

On a massive tangent, one player I hoped to play for the club this year is earning less than £150 per week. The numbers aren't around, the ticket price will have to increase. We must be turning a profit in good years, irrespective of the increasing costs of maintenance.

We dont get paid on individual basis. We didnt lose any money on this to my knowledge

Correct, he's havering. The loss from the Rule Brittania game was mainly corporate and a bit of gate. Even then, the United game was arguably a bigger economic disaster, albeit one that will be felt over a longer time period.

If we got to the Scottish Cup semi, or final, I doubt we could include the payment for this financial year. We certainly couldn't when Owen was here. The money didn't come through until August/September IIRC.

When are payments made for Final League placing made?

I have no idea but I'd assume they are made within the financial year. I'd reckon that the SPL figures, unlike the Scottish Cup, are known before the end of the season.

It's gonna be interesting to compare the squad in Jan 10 to Jan 11. It will clearly show why second season syndrome was never gonna affect us.

Nah not really. We'll have lost Peaso and Jacko, our 2 best strikers and we'll have replaced Swankie with Taylor who so far looks less effective. Also Parkin replacing Deuchar.

Weaker in every sense.