Poor attendance chestnut

ancientsaint

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

opposition fans can do what they like but as soon as saints fans stand they stewards are up telling them to sit down. another problem is £7 for children that is far too expensive. how can you have a family section in a stand but still charge the same price as the rest of the stand. it should be cheaper to sit in that section.

Utter utter nonsense.

Opposition fans do not get to do what they like. The rules and consequences are exactly the same for both sets of fans.

Utter utter nonsense.

Opposition fans do not get to do what they like. The rules and consequences are exactly the same for both sets of fans.

am sure the celtic fan who entered the field of play and swung a leg at a saints player a few years ago and was ushered back into the stand a free man will think so too.

You try doing it and see what happens.

Don't talk rubbish.

Next you will say they are harder on the old firm

Crowds are down all over the place for the most part.

Whether it's the product, the price, the current economic climate, whatever who knows but it's not just as easy as opening another stand. That would probably cost the club more money long term.

Perhaps though they should take a financial hit and go round all the schools in the area, catching kids at an impressionable age, with free membership of the Super J's with incentives to attend games.

If a handful of kids in each class then choose to follow Saints then at least its a start.

am sure the celtic fan who entered the field of play and swung a leg at a saints player a few years ago and was ushered back into the stand a free man will think so too.

You try doing it and see what happens.

Don't talk rubbish.

Next you will say they are harder on the old firm

Not going to say such a thing. As a rule of thumb though its true, same for everyone.

If you think any differently you are blinkered.

It wouldn't work. I reckon even if Saints gave the tickets away for nothing, you'd only get a handful of extra folk coming through the gates.

I may be wrong ( and the likes of 101 will no doubt delight in proving me so ) but did they not try that a few years ago, offered free tickets to the local schools, but ended up with one of their worst SPL attendance records?

It's a shame but when it comes down to it how long can a club with aspirations of staying in the SPL get by with 3000 to 3500 fans attending.

Edited by The Neutral

FFS folks.. There is one ( and only one) way of increasing the attendance in the home areas of McD..It aint rocket science either.. The solution is....... a winning team..If the team are successful on the pitch, the crowds will increase... Now can we close this stupid fecking thread please....

You're in the SPL is that not enough? Fickle bassas

here here!! i dont go much either, cant be bothered with stewards and polis . ive watched stewards bully fans and physical grappling with them, no point in complaining as you only get threatened with getting put out. ive sat at scoreboard end since day 1 and its getting worse!! MCD is fast becoming a ground where you aint allowed to get excited . clubs always asking fans to get behind the team at home well,,,im sorry , any action that gets you off your seat gets a huge inrush of stewards/polis. this is the same tayside lot that lets others stand!! ever seen united fans sitting down behind goal at tannadumpy??? naw!!! their up getting excited at their team. so my 20 better spent elsewhere!!!!

agree with you 100%

I've never had any problem at McDiarmid, neither has anyone else I know.

You have to be a proper pleb to get flung out of any football stadium.

I would like to share your optimism, but alas I cannot. I really can't see crowds being drawn to McDiarmid in any vast numbers above what we already have unless there is a massive change to the entire structure of the Scottish game and we have a more competitive Premier league in place. Even then pushing for Europe would be our best shot at anything and we are (realistically) a long way away from that in my opinion.

I know what your saying and I agree but I just hate the defeatist attitude in Scotland, it holds us back from so many things. One of the things I feel is a problem is the 'sense of occasion' to games in scotland, there isn't any - only time there is a buzz is when theres a derby or a game that has some importance. Isn't helped by low attendances and low attendances in stadiums where there is a lot of empty seats.

The one thing that Scottish football has is potential, its just whether we realise it and go for it instead of moping about it. So if people apply themselves regardless of the size of their stake in scottish football then the game will improve no end.

The stewarding, and the line of police as you walk down to go through the turnstiles is not the most welcoming.

For £20 ....why would someone put themselves through that each week

Entertainment is meant to be fun. Those chaperoning the paying guests create an awful atmosphere.... despite many best efforts of people on this very forum to liven it up a bit....

I know what your saying and I agree but I just hate the defeatist attitude in Scotland, it holds us back from so many things. One of the things I feel is a problem is the 'sense of occasion' to games in scotland, there isn't any - only time there is a buzz is when theres a derby or a game that has some importance. Isn't helped by low attendances and low attendances in stadiums where there is a lot of empty seats.

The one thing that Scottish football has is potential, its just whether we realise it and go for it instead of moping about it. So if people apply themselves regardless of the size of their stake in scottish football then the game will improve no end.

Total understand where your coming from. One of my biggest pet hates is the Scottish mentality that nothing is good enough and everything is shite! That's not just in football, that's in everyday life.

here here!! i dont go much either, cant be bothered with stewards and polis . ive watched stewards bully fans and physical grappling with them,

The stewards are not allowed to touch you, they have to get the police to eject you if you refuse to go quietly.

Season tic prices are superb for kids, but I agree that they have to reduce kids prices at the gate too.

£5 would be good, more interaction with local schools (something that has been mentioned for around 10 years now and something Saints still have not grasped).

The kids are our future, we do our bit as fans bringing our kids up as Saints fans, the club has to do more for all the other kids less fortunate.

I wouldn't say always will, otherwise we should all just give up now, I'd like to think in the future if the paramaters are changed we can get 5k saints fans for a winter evening game against accies.

I think you have been living in Dundee for too long mate as your getting delusional :roll: In the current economic climate we would not get 5K at a cup semi final never mind a mid week game against Hamilton. Empty seats are starting to appear in the Premership and at the old firm so its no surprise our crowds are down.

Getting kids in the door is the answer, but at the correct age. There are a couple of families behind us in the east stand and to be honest the kids are too young and spend the whole first half asking when its going to be half time so they can get food and then 10 minutes into the second half asking is it time to go. I have no doubt in a few years they will get it and become saints fans of the future.

I know someone who follows Celtic but thought it would be a good idea to get her son a season ticket for Saints as the local team. He goes to all the home game and has now started to bring friends to the game. He now looks out for Saints more than Celtic and was over the moon when he won the signed away shirt at the open day.

If we could just add 50 or 100 fans a season this would counter the loss of fans to Uni and people moving out of the area. Pricing is also an issue, just look at the PSJ threads and how many times the players end up just coming back to Perth from away games before Saints games as they cannot afford to pay the entrance price. If a team made up of saints supporters don't all go to away games then it shows things are not correct.