Hardie Injured

JSAINTEE99

What an annoying system when a player can get sent back to his parent club when injured but they can't recall him when he's needed because of injuries.

Hopefully not a long term set back for MMM.

It's probably more to do with our physio's having knowledge of previous problems and possibly being better equipped to deal with it.

Anyone heard if Hardie will be kept on? As I was hoping he would sign for Partick Thistle in January, but that's not going to happen obviously if St Johnstone are wanting to keep him in.

I know Ian McCall really rates Hardie and the Jags fans would love to have him back on a permanent basis

I thought the thistle fans hated him now after a bad tackle on one of your players when he was playing for Airdrie?

His contracts up in January.

The way things are at the moment we need every midfielder we can get so if he's fit again before then I'm sure he'll be playing for us. What happens in January will probably depend on things like our injury situation, his form, if we need to free wages for new signings and such.

• 4 months later...

Got the winner four minutes into injury time for them last night, Pars fan at my work is absolutely loving having him in the team. Ideal player to have for league run in. He was sensational for us in the run in to the 2006/07 season.

His finest hour was that match at Clyde a few days after the Scottish Cup match with Celtic.

We were terrible that day. Hardie won that match for us single handed and gave a performance that was exactly the opposite of a "Willie McLaren". Remember peaso giving him dogs abuse for not working hard enough, lazy wee ned that he was.

We were terrible that day. Hardie won that match for us single handed and gave a performance that was exactly the opposite of a "Willie McLaren". Remember peaso giving him dogs abuse for not working hard enough, lazy wee ned that he was.

And then Coyle subbed Peaso off! Fans let him know all about what they thought of the decision. We were just out on our feet, rather than outright terrible but, as you say, Hardie was outstanding, as he was in every match in those last few months of that season. If he hadn't been suspended for a couple of matches, we'd probably have won the league.

And then Coyle subbed Peaso off! Fans let him know all about what they thought of the decision. We were just out on our feet, rather than outright terrible but, as you say, Hardie was outstanding, as he was in every match in those last few months of that season. If he hadn't been suspended for a couple of matches, we'd probably have won the league.

I'd agree with that. Sometimes it comes down to simple determination. Look at the last day of the season versus Hamilton - Hardie was again magnificent. He deserved a league winners medal more than most and definitely more than half of the Gretna team who strolled their way through the last 3 months like they couldn't care less.