#38 - 05/04/11 - Saints 0-2 Rangers - SPL

This still could be the GREATEST season in the entire history of St.Johnstone football club. The prize is there. Whether we can rise to the occasion is very debatable.

And if we win the cup we can bring out a DVD.

Following on from the 98/99 "A Season to remember" video or DVD this years can be called "A season to forget"

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if we win the cup we can bring out a DVD.

Following on from the 98/99 "A Season to remember" video or DVD this years can be called "A season to forget"

How very flippant.:D

Would you rather it was a season to remember in terms of "the season we got relegated from the SPL again." Didn't think so.

Surely this season has to be viewed as a success, maybe not memorable in parts but you can't discount another good cup run and semi final at Hampden.

cannot believe the moaning on this thread!

we normally get humped off the o.f but we were very unfortnate-danny's mistake and the ref. we should have at least 1 pen and there 2nd was never a freekick(which the bbc failed to show in the highlights).

we always chase the rangers passes about the park but on tue night we were the better team . do you's want to go back to the 7nil days? too many folk have been spoiled with that 4-1 game.

well played saints!

I remember when we were relegated on GD. Plastic Whistle had scored a grand total of one more goal than us - and we were relegated. Think it was around the time of league-reconstruction so we were a tad unfortunate...:?

That was the rarely I was referring to :sad:

Was it not the season we played down at Motherwell last game and there were rumours that the other result 'had gone our way' only for it not to be true?

I think you are right, it was a year when more teams than the year before got relegated.

With my memory, I have probably mixed up about 3 different seasons in the above :?

Would that be season 93/94? Beat Motherwell down there? O'Boyle scored and it was chopped off and 3 teams went down that season? Cried all the way home that day. I was only 8 years old :cry:

Would that be season 93/94? Beat Motherwell down there? O'Boyle scored and it was chopped off and 3 teams went down that season? Cried all the way home that day. I was only 8 years old :cry:

IIRC John Inglis scored in our 1-0 victory...but yea, 3 teams went down and we finished 3rd bottom.

I hate Plastic Whistle. Really hate them.

Billy Dodds missed a sitter if I recollect or was it O`Boyle.