#22 - 11/01/11 - Hearts 0-1 Saints - Scottish Cup

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's me hame fae work and I havnae stopped smiling all day. Great night and I now know what Cynical Saint looks like:wink:..

Nights like that make being a football fan worth every disappointment and knock the game can bring. The sing song, the celebration and even the craic with the home fans was all top notch..

Great to see just how much it meant to Peaso and Doobs as well as all the other guys..

We might not have ever won anything major and we might never do so but the buzz I got last night and get regularly following Saints is something that those who choose to follow the ugly sisters will NEVER experience..

Today I sit here and feel nothing but pride.. Pride in my team and also pride in my fellow Saints fans..:D:D:D It reminds me of the old song..

"You can take away the Muirton park bannerssssssssss

Take away the Muirton park spannersssssss:shock:

but we'll still go along, singing our song

side by side"

Not sure what the spanners bit is all about but I hope you get my drift.

R_Mac getting a little carried away at the goal there I see. :)

ahaha, oh we're all young at one point eh :P its now ur turn Ali91!!! jk, great performance by the saints-especially in the 2nd half and overall we fully deserved to win the game. well done saintees!!!!!

This makes the hairs stand up!!! DOOOOOOBS

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XoOeepStN8?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XoOeepStN8?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

duberry -legend.

the look on his face was brilliant.what a highlight this will live long in the memory.

Like many on here I have had a great day thanks to the performance and the result last night.

The celebrations at the end will live long in the memory. I think we have a group of players who for some know this may be their last chance to win something. I am sure Doobs would love his final game for Saints to be at Hampden in the Scottish cup final.

Well that's me hame fae work and I havnae stopped smiling all day. Great night and I now know what Cynical Saint looks like:wink:..

Nights like that make being a football fan worth every disappointment and knock the game can bring. The sing song, the celebration and even the craic with the home fans was all top notch..

Great to see just how much it meant to Peaso and Doobs as well as all the other guys..

We might not have ever won anything major and we might never do so but the buzz I got last night and get regularly following Saints is something that those who choose to follow the ugly sisters will NEVER experience..

Today I sit here and feel nothing but pride.. Pride in my team and also pride in my fellow Saints fans..:D:D:D It reminds me of the old song..

"You can take away the Muirton park bannerssssssssss

Take away the Muirton park spannersssssss:shock:

but we'll still go along, singing our song

side by side"

Not sure what the spanners bit is all about but I hope you get my drift.

Says it all really.had a braw time.it reminds me of an old song from the muirton days

they took away the muirton park spanners

they took away the muirton park hammers

but we got recruits,with big bovver boots

side by side.

duberry -legend.

the look on his face was brilliant.what a highlight this will live long in the memory.

Last season United fans had the Jon Daly song and hand movement and we had the Miguel Simao hand celebration and song.

Lets have the Doobs chest beating actions and chant when ever we win a game.

What a night - good times.

Performance was solid throughout. Hearts were poor although but for their bad finishing and and fantastic save by Enck it could have been so different. We created enough chances before the breakthrough though and feel we deserved the win.

Peaso had a go at overhead kick - was thinking Savo at Ibrox - not long before the goal. Stevie May did ok when he came on too. He had a few good runs and a decent shot at goal and looks like he will give us another option in future games.

The celebrations after the goal right in front of me were amazing. The feeling when the ball went in was superb and it felt like I was right there with the players. The guy next to me jumped over the rows in front and was picked up but can't blame him I was almost there myself. Saw myself in the highlights getting carried away :D but to be honest there were about 2 minutes of my life where I completely lost it.

Great at the end of the game to see them the team lap it up and Doobs really enjoyed it. He is such a big character for our team and him and Ando are turning into a good partnership.

Lets hope they take "Heart" from this and take all 3 points from Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Take it your still a bairn and dont get out of Perth much

OK moving on...........

It was a good result, a very good result but lets not get carried away!

Not just you but the media making it out as some kind of giant killing?? Some folk on here shouting from the roof tops like we've won the bloody cup! It's abit degrading.

OK moving on...........

It was a good result, a very good result but lets not get carried away!

Not just you but the media making it out as some kind of giant killing?? Some folk on here shouting from the roof tops like we've won the bloody cup! It's abit degrading.

Yeah, I agree completely, optimism is great, but many of us seem to get very carried away after a couple of good results. Lets just take every game as it comes, Killie on Saturday is a hard game, Inverness was a good win, as was Hearts, but there's a long way to go. Saints have a difficult game against either Partick or Falkirk in the Cup, and are certainly not out of the relegation battle.

Lets all chill, and calm down and take every game as it comes! :wink:

Yeah, I agree completely, optimism is great, but many of us seem to get very carried away after a couple of good results. Lets just take every game as it comes, Killie on Saturday is a hard game, Inverness was a good win, as was Hearts, but there's a long way to go. Saints have a difficult game against either Partick or Falkirk in the Cup, and are certainly not out of the relegation battle.

I reserve the right to get TOTALLY carried away. :razz:

Don't be ridiculous. If you saw the players celebrations and how much it meant to them, if it even means half as much to us we aren't celebrating enough! It was a brilliant win against one of the very best sides in Scotland, who in all likeliness could be playing in the Champions League qualifiers next season and who are only 2 points off second. Not to mention the fact it's the first time in history we've beaten them in the Scottish cup!