January Transfer Window Thread

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street tonight is that Cillian Sheridan will remaim on loan to us until the end of the season.

Fran Sandaza has also been offered a new 2 and a half year deal which would see him become one of the highest paid players in the clubs history.

Credit to the board and management for their continued ambition to drive the club forwrd.

Posted this on P&B

I would love both to happen, but I fear we would be breaking the bank to keep Sandaza.

However much a risk, it could turn out a brilliant move, firstly I think with Sandaza, we finish 2/3 places higher than we normally would, meaning extra income, covering the increase in wages. Secondly it would presumably be that we sell him on in a year or two later, for a significant 6 figure fee, which again offsets any additional wages, etc.

We will also be shifting players out, Gibson (on a hefty chnunk of his Crawley wage) and probably Gartland, possibly also someyoungsters out on loan.

Theres also next seasons budget to think about, Enkleman will leave, he'll be on a big wage, with Mannus becoming number 1, on a lesser wage and probably a youngter as second choice. There are also a few others on 1 year deal, Higgins, Maybury, Morris, Finnigan, so some of them will probably leave, or even accept reduced wages possible to stay on. But I trust the board and Lomas, I don't doubt Steve Brown will have been chatting with his father and making sure the deal was feasable and not too much of a risk.

Forgot about Parkin, who will be on a big wage, as an aging English lower league journeyman. I think he will be shifted on in January, or at least tried to be.

I've always respected the clubs wage policy, fantastic news though if it's true! If he stays I really do think he will be the difference in us having a a good season or a brilliant season and the club have recognised this! I hope there isn't anyone out there giving it the " oh but we shouldn't be paying outwith the wage structure, what If it doesn't pay off" nonsense! The club wouldn't be doing it otherwise!!

Posted this on P&B

I would love both to happen, but I fear we would be breaking the bank to keep Sandaza.

However much a risk, it could turn out a brilliant move, firstly I think with Sandaza, we finish 2/3 places higher than we normally would, meaning extra income, covering the increase in wages. Secondly it would presumably be that we sell him on in a year or two later, for a significant 6 figure fee, which again offsets any additional wages, etc.

We will also be shifting players out, Gibson (on a hefty chnunk of his Crawley wage) and probably Gartland, possibly also someyoungsters out on loan.

Theres also next seasons budget to think about, Enkleman will leave, he'll be on a big wage, with Mannus becoming number 1, on a lesser wage and probably a youngter as second choice. There are also a few others on 1 year deal, Higgins, Maybury, Morris, Finnigan, so some of them will probably leave, or even accept reduced wages possible to stay on. But I trust the board and Lomas, I don't doubt Steve Brown will have been chatting with his father and making sure the deal was feasable and not too much of a risk.

Forgot about Parkin, who will be on a big wage, as an aging English lower league journeyman. I think he will be shifted on in January, or at least tried to be.

Higgins is on a two year deal.

This is brilliant news. I, like many I'm sure, would much rather see the club spend some money on extending the contract of a truly brilliant player than having a large cash reserve. Saints with Sandaza will achieve so much more than Saints without Sandaza. It is very risky investing so highly in one injury prone player but it shows great ambition from the board and manager. If he can continue to play the way he is, and if he's tied down to Saints for a couple of years, a decent transfer fee could set us up nicely to invest in players and sustain our top six assaults in post-Sandaza seasons!

This is brilliant news. I, like many I'm sure, would much rather see the club spend some money on extending the contract of a truly brilliant player than having a large cash reserve. Saints with Sandaza will achieve so much more than Saints without Sandaza. It is very risky investing so highly in one injury prone player but it shows great ambition from the board and manager. If he can continue to play the way he is, and if he's tied down to Saints for a couple of years, a decent transfer fee could set us up nicely to invest in players and sustain our top six assaults in post-Sandaza seasons!

The other positive, if we can convince Sheridan to stay, is that we will have him and Haber as well. Obviously we want Sandaza playing, but if he is injured ocasionally we have other good options