Sam Parkin

Scobby_SJFC

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
I think that Parkin has improved slightly since the beginning of the season but he is still not good enough at this level. He was given a couple of excellent opportunities yesterday which a decent striker would have scored with ease.

The problem at the moment is that we don't have a good striker at the club. I would have preferred if Del had released Jacko and Peaso allowing us to bring in someone on a higher wage that would score goals on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Del himself would've gone down this route too if he thought it was possible to entice someone who would be guaranteed to 'score goals on a regular basis'.

Sadly, high wages don't always bring guaranteed goals. I think we have good options in the squad but Del needs to decide which two work best together and give them a run to build a partnership which will help bring goals. My own preference is Parkin and Peaso.

As they say it is all about opinions. Mine is that he not what we need at the moment. We need a striker & he is not a striker.

He does give 100% but he very rarely gets his head to the ball & when he does he can`t direct it towards goal or his fellow striker.

I can't stand "fans" who don't give support to the players but instead boo them! It's a disgrace and a joke what use is that to the team, we should back our players if you disagree then you are an embarrasement.

I actually thought Parkin had a decent game today and offers us something extra up top. I can't really see why people say Deuchar is better if he was better than Parkin he'd be playing in the SPL. He's only played 10 games for Falkirk and scored 3 goals.

Get over yersel son...we are having a discussion about Parkin....as far as I can remember , nobody booed him yesterday

The posts on this thread show that opinion is divided about him, and I for one have no problem with that. IMO he is not good enough, or has yet to show that he is...others think differently, fair enough, and I am interested to read their side of the argument. That is partly what this forum is for...discussion and debate. If we all took your 'everything has to be rosey' stance, we would be no better than feckin robots

Edited by Edstar101

I think a big problem for Parkin is what he is perceived to be, i.e. a target man. He did an interview with the programme earlier in the season and said something along the lines of how Walsall had used him as a battering ram but that wasn't his game all and he sees himself as more of a player who does his best work in the box.

Personally I saw enough in him early doors to believe he could score goals for us and the number of chances he gets justifies that IMO. He's not going to put everything away but if we keep creating the opportunities we are for him, he'll get us plenty.