#25 - 26/01/11 - Saints 1-0 Motherwell - SPL

My opinion has nothing to do with McGregor or Sheridan or which club he played for.

If Peaso plays well i will say, I don't happen to say it very often unfortunately:sad:

The past 2 matches Peaso I think has been shocking, falling over easily, not making the correct runs (position wise and timing), toothless.

In both matches he had one header off target and a micky mouse shot that the keeper picked up and did not lay on a chance for anyone that I can remember.

I am saying it as I see it not because of who he used to play for.

Not suggesting you were - but its certainly the case with some of the Saints support. He was left on the pitch in front of Sammy and Parkin on Saturday because he was playing the best of the three. He should have layed Sammy through when he shot I agree and he did go down far too easily in the game (as always) but he was at least attempting to pass/link the ball. Unfortunately he had to do that 30 yards from goal as he had no support. Still managed to win more headers than our target man though and at least came and provided an option for the midfield at times.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still managed to win more headers than our target man though and at least came and provided an option for the midfield at times.

he won 2 headers after Parkin went off, i know this because at the time I remember thinking someone will mention it on the forum:laugh:

bring him on when we are searching for agoal with 15mins left.

i think starting him is a waste.

Enks

Mackay Doobs Ando Grainger

Cleve Morris Adams Craig

Sammy May

Harsh on Midge but a wee break may do him good and Cleveland has done more than enough to deserve a start on his favoured side. Might aswell give May a run out as he could be the spark we need. Certainly gets himself in good positions judging on his recent cameos.

Very strong bench of Smith, Maybury, Muzz, Peaso, Parkin, Caddis and Reynolds

Same thing happened with Alan McGregor and Cillian Sheridan. Not sure if there is a pattern there...

Don't think that is a particuarly fair comment. McGregor was here during the first half of our worst season in living memory. By the end of his loan though he was well liked if I remember correctly, we went on some kind of mini run without losing a goal before his loan ended.

Sheridan's style of play meant he was never going to be well liked. Never in the same class as Jason Scotland but similar in that he was never going to run about like mad for 90 mins. There are still people on here that were delighted to see the back of Scotland.

Players that we have signed from the Old Firm have invariably disappointed over the years. Don't think anybody "hates" Peaso either as you have suggested, some rate him, some don't. He has been here long enough now to be judged!!

Enks

Mackay Doobs Ando Grainger

Cleve Morris Adams Craig

Sammy May

Harsh on Midge but a wee break may do him good and Cleveland has done more than enough to deserve a start on his favoured side. Might aswell give May a run out as he could be the spark we need. Certainly gets himself in good positions judging on his recent cameos.

Very strong bench of Smith, Maybury, Muzz, Peaso, Parkin, Caddis and Reynolds

Is Grainger available or suspended ?

Sammy ain't scoring, but he certainly stirs up defenders and doesn't give them peace when played up front. Must start.

Bring back Jacko, as Peaso seemed a bit one paced and easy to read IMO.

Starting with May would certainly be interesting though.

Parkin on the bench for an all hands on deck finish, if required.