#35 - 19/03/11 - Hamilton Accies 0-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Beeb report McDonald hit the post & missed a header but they had a couple cleared off the line & Enks made a save.

Ex Saints scoring for fun .In lower leagues but can`t be playing teams worse than Hamilton.

Looks like Del didn`t want to lose this game more than he wanted to win it. Sums up the season.

Next season will be much harder so it will be even less entertaining.

Another poor result. Hamilton are terrible and we should be easily winning a game like that.

Dundee United and Aberdeen at home now Hamilton away for boring drab draws.

I have no faith we can make top six. A won today would have put us in such a good position with Inverness and Motherwell losing.

Pretty poor.

Quick summary for now would be that I thought we started alright and with the right mindset and Hamilton were very much there for the taking. We should have really gone for the kill though but were too tame and fell away. Thought the MacDonald for May change was the right one but we just didn't start the second half and too be fair to Accies they stepped it up a bit and were knocking on the door for a spell. Game opened up a wee bit towards the end but whilst I think McInnes will criticise our performance, Reid will probably be disappointed Accies only took a point. Thought the game would have suited Jody Morris.

In terms of players, May struggled and a lot broke down at him but MacDonald did no better when he came on. Samuel and Invincibile weren't doing badly and whilst I can understand the logic in switching them, it saw both of them totally drift out of the game. If Invincibile is retained, it has to be as a right midfielder IMO. Could say good things about both Millar and Davidson but was worrying how much Accies dominated that midfield for the best part of thirty minutes in the second half.

If we play as we did for the majority of the second half on Tuesday, we'll be in real danger of going out of the Scottish Cup.

Dont understand Hamiltons plan at all, they badly need a win and I felt we were there for the taking yet it took then till the last 20 mins before they decided to have a go, they probably should have scored as well, few bits of last ditch defending from us.

Could have been all so different it Millers shot off the post and Graingers free kick off the post had both went in though.

Mensings assault on Miller and the wee bit handbags after was the only real excitement though.

Thankfully Miller appeared to be ok.

Quick summary for now would be that I thought we started alright and with the right mindset and Hamilton were very much there for the taking. We should have really gone for the kill though but were too tame and fell away. Thought the MacDonald for May change was the right one but we just didn't start the second half and too be fair to Accies they stepped it up a bit and were knocking on the door for a spell. Game opened up a wee bit towards the end but whilst I think McInnes will criticise our performance, Reid will probably be disappointed Accies only took a point. Thought the game would have suited Jody Morris.

In terms of players, May struggled and a lot broke down at him but MacDonald did no better when he came on. Samuel and Invincibile weren't doing badly and whilst I can understand the logic in switching them, it saw both of them totally drift out of the game. If Invincibile is retained, it has to be as a right midfielder IMO. Could say good things about both Millar and Davidson but was worrying how much Accies dominated that midfield for the best part of thirty minutes in the second half.

If we play as we did for the majority of the second half on Tuesday, we'll be in real danger of going out of the Scottish Cup.

Spot on summary!

There's a hilarious debate on Accies World as to whether or not Saints threatened or not in the whole game - a couple of posters are adamant that the two efforts that hit the post weren't a threat!

Cleveland Taylor also made a positive impact when he came on and had a couple of decent efforts at goal. Peaso had a low shot held by Cerny late on and Anderson had a header bound for the back of the net blocked from a corner when I'm not sure the defender knew much about it. We weren't anywhere approaching our best, or even decent really, but still had chances, probably just as many as them.

Changing subject slightly, did anyone else think it was a blatant dive by Chris Millar when Alex Neil got booked? Was sure John Madden was gonna show Millar a yellow and was amazed when he didn't. Looked an embarrassing attempt at a dive to me but apologies if there was contact.

Seems even Billy Reid is offering up no defence for Mensing either, so assume it was a bit of a shocker. Was hard to tell from so far away.