Scottish Cup Semi Final 16th April TRAIN CREW...

bigstu

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye that's right. It would take an age walking from there to Hampden. Would anyone be up for frequenting a drinking establishment nearer the stadium? Clockwork or Florida Park?

Well, the answer seems to be a couple in the Counting House then move on to a boozer nearer the ground about 11.30

Right, so the general concenus is for the Waverley lot is to meet at around 08:30 so's to give us time to sort out numbers for the group bookings etc. I imagine some may be a bit earlier and require a swift pint in the pub next to Burger King, so how about we meet in or outside there for said time?

Anyone arriving late may have to pay full price for a ticket if we have already sorted things so best arrive within a reasonable time.

Cheers

...and for Haymarket, say 8.45am outside the entrance to the Station?

That sounds good to me....

What is the story with the group thing? Does everybody have to travel together (including return journey) and is it a set time return ticket or an open (off peak) ticket??

I am pretty sure that my laddie, if I buy a return, gets a kids 'travel for free' ticket.

My concern as well is that, as I am in the family section, I might not necessarily see you lot after the game.

Yep, 8.45 sounds good to me as well.

I was wondering whether everyone has to travel as a group at a set time as well. Nikki has arranged for some of our friends to come through to our flat and stay the night that evening so probably need to be home about 7.30!

Don't worry Eddie, we'll no doubt be able to wait for you and your wee laddie outside the ground after the game.

I am thinking about what time (if we need to travel as a group) of train we should look at getting back - especially if we require to select an actual train as opposed to a day return ticket? Gotta think about potential extra time and pens....and not sure I would want to hang about Glasgow if the unthinkable happens and we lose!

Wouldnae need to wait at ground Nelly...as long as we could meet you at station

Ed i think the group booking lark just gets you queen street, whereas the kids go free will give you the ticket the whole way to Mount Florida, so for roughly the same price the kids go free gives you tickets all the way there, going on my previous experiences.

Might jump taxis from centre but price wise not going to be too out of pocket. Can meet the balloon section after the game, we are in the family as well, hope they are no using helium may effect the volume of the singers

Ed i think the group booking lark just gets you queen street, whereas the kids go free will give you the ticket the whole way to Mount Florida, so for roughly the same price the kids go free gives you tickets all the way there, going on my previous experiences.

Might jump taxis from centre but price wise not going to be too out of pocket. Can meet the balloon section after the game, we are in the family as well, hope they are no using helium may effect the volume of the singers

Are people getting train to MF? Sounds like it is Counting House, then taxis.

Are people getting train to MF? Sounds like it is Counting House, then taxis.

Think that is the general idea, but you would have your Mt Florida ticket for the return journey, BTW the counting house is pretty poor, they expect you to buy a piece of food for every pint you buy if the kids are with you, we ended up with more bacon rolls than beers:laugh:

The other Spoons pub the Crystal Palace just down the road at Jamaica Street, were far better and the kids only had to get a juice, but I will go with the flow for half an hour or so then taxi to a boozer down near Hampden that opens at 11, seems to be some mention on main thread of buses going places that will let the kids in and are at the saints side of the ground

Think that is the general idea, but you would have your Mt Florida ticket for the return journey, BTW the counting house is pretty poor, they expect you to buy a piece of food for every pint you buy if the kids are with you, we ended up with more bacon rolls than beers:laugh:

The other Spoons pub the Crystal Palace just down the road at Jamaica Street, were far better and the kids only had to get a juice, but I will go with the flow for half an hour or so then taxi to a boozer down near Hampden that opens at 11, seems to be some mention on main thread of buses going places that will let the kids in and are at the saints side of the ground

Montfords upstairs is reserved for one of the buses I think (Kinnears?) and they mentioned that folk with kids could try and go there