#37 - 02/04/11 - Saints 0-0 Kilmarnock - SPL

£20 i will never see again,the manager has worked miracles with this squad of players.

Terrible stuff,we need 4 maybe 5 players for nxt season,i havent enjoyed this season.

Can miracles be negative? :laugh:

Like our midfield and strikers.

Our defence has improved miraculously though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with ghostie about Grainger getting closed down etc.

His corners are poor & McKay eventually took the last 2 or 3.

His throw ins are a waste of time & his free kicks are pish.

It has been like this all season. How can McInness not see it.

Subs too late today.Craig looked like a player that had just got his contract.

Hope Ando is back soon to allow McKay to return to his best position.

Why did Del bring in Novowhatshisname from Hearts.

Why was Invinceable not get subbed as he was obviously carrying an injury in second half.

At least we have 2 of the best midfielders in Scotland in Muzz & Midge but have to think we would not be lacking goals if we still had Hardie.

Pretty dull game for the most part.

How anyone thinks Chris Millar had a good game today is beyond me. Liam as well.

Maybury was better.

Someone said we lacked conviction but some smart alec said we had plenty, only on the bench.

Poor stuff really.

Dull game, yeah.........Peaso misses a good chance with the head & hit the bar, Superdave & Invincibile pulled good saves out of their keeper, a couple of reasonable penalty shouts, Doobs blasts a chance over the bar, Sammy has at least one shot blocked & had one headed off the line, one decent attempt deflected wide by Jordan.

Have you actually been to any games this season? This was without doubt, one of our better performances.

You also think Millar was crap, yet praised Maybury:shock:

While Maybury didn't have too much to do defensively, he was totally lost going forward, and IMO is the weak link in the team at the moment.

Millar on the other hand is without doubt much better in the centre, always looks for the ball and tries to be creative in possession.

Sincerest apologies Andrew, if your still in Primary School:neutral:

Like so many games this season we totally dominated and came up short. Plenty of good efforts with their goalie making two good saves, two cleared off the line, two shouts for a penalty, one off the bar and a couple we should have done better with. Bit of bad luck and a whole slice of missing composure.

Thought we played well though with Millar the pick of the bunch.

Credit to Killie, they came for a point and got it.

Dull game, yeah.........Peaso misses a good chance with the head & hit the bar, Superdave & Invincibile pulled good saves out of their keeper, a couple of reasonable penalty shouts, Doobs blasts a chance over the bar, Sammy has at least one shot blocked & had one headed off the line, one decent attempt deflected wide by Jordan.

Have you actually been to any games this season? This was without doubt, one of our better performances.

While Maybury didn't have too much to do defensively, he was totally lost going forward, and IMO is the weak link in the team at the moment.

Millar on the other hand is without doubt much better in the centre, always looks for the ball and tries to be creative in possession.

Jings!

Been to every game home and away apart from three. I have a good reason for missing the three. Is that ok with you? :laugh:

Maybury was better, in the sense of comparing him to himself in previous games. I could have made that a bit clearer right enough.

Someone else mentioned the tippy tappy, sideways and backwards play we are now famous for. Others have ripped Danny G. Others have bemoaned our inability to score. Go tell them they're wrong as well.

Millar is good, and often plays as you describe, but not today, for me. Some of his passing was horrendous. Running about all over the park but with little end product doesn't mean a player had a good game. We had a couple of passengers as well, injured or not.

Lots of goalmouth incidents, I agree, but how many efforts on target that were capable of being goals?

Are you another one of the brigade on here who resort to insults or mockery whenever someone says something you don't like or agree with? I could be forgiven for thinking you are.

I am allowed an opinion. It counts as one opinion. Same as yours. Neither is worth more than the other.

I've said before that I'm glad I don't know most of the posters on here. It's very often not a welcoming place to be. We're meant to be on the same side. Jings! The spirit of 101 lives on.

Jings, crivens, help ma boab.:laugh: sorry couldn't resist.

Have to agree with most of what you've said regards the chances today. I can't really see what more the strikers could have done and we always seem to be unlucky, certainly over the last 8 or 9 games where nothing breaks to the right player in the box.

Like it or not football isn't a science and the players aren't robots, chances will be missed due to bad luck, poor execution, wrong player gets a chance (sorry doobs) but that's just the nature of a team game.

I thought most of the team got pass marks today and wouldn't single anyone out for criticism even if others feel they deserve it.

As others have said, somebody is going to get a hiding and as I missed the 4-1 humping last season due a work commitment down south, it may as be the blue half of the bigot brothers on Tuesday.

As an aside it's good to see the team spirit on some of the photos on the twitter feed from their weekend off.

Cmon Doobs you must stay, you know it makes sense. RESPECT to the MAVS.:cool:

Edited by Markinch Saint

Jings!

Been to every game home and away apart from three. I have a good reason for missing the three. Is that ok with you? :laugh:

Maybury was better, in the sense of comparing him to himself in previous games. I could have made that a bit clearer right enough.

Someone else mentioned the tippy tappy, sideways and backwards play we are now famous for. Others have ripped Danny G. Others have bemoaned our inability to score. Go tell them they're wrong as well.

Millar is good, and often plays as you describe, but not today, for me. Some of his passing was horrendous. Running about all over the park but with little end product doesn't mean a player had a good game. We had a couple of passengers as well, injured or not.

Lots of goalmouth incidents, I agree, but how many efforts on target that were capable of being goals?

Are you another one of the brigade on here who resort to insults or mockery whenever someone says something you don't like or agree with? I could be forgiven for thinking you are.

I am allowed an opinion. It counts as one opinion. Same as yours. Neither is worth more than the other.

I've said before that I'm glad I don't know most of the posters on here. It's very often not a welcoming place to be. We're meant to be on the same side. Jings! The spirit of 101 lives on.

Don't want to turn it into a vendetta,but talking about efforts that could've been goals,i can recall Cupties' free kick that the keeper made a meal of,Invincibles good effort from 20 yards that the 'keeper made a great save from,Midge had 2 in the second half,one a decent save from the keeper,the other goalbound one cleared by Jo Ro,that's not including Sammy's effort off the line in 15 seconds,and Peaso's header off the bar,so that's 6 decent efforts at goal against one of the so called better teams,and i've probably missed some.

Don't want to turn it into a vendetta,but talking about efforts that could've been goals,i can recall Cupties' free kick that the keeper made a meal of,Invincibles good effort from 20 yards that the 'keeper made a great save from,Midge had 2 in the second half,one a decent save from the keeper,the other goalbound one cleared by Jo Ro,that's not including Sammy's effort off the line in 15 seconds,and Peaso's header off the bar,so that's 6 decent efforts at goal against one of the so called better teams,and i've probably missed some.

You have - Doobs lashing a great chance over the bar and at least one good penalty call.

Jings!

Are you one of the brigade who run off to P&B with quotes like this, when Wapper's don't agree with your opinion:roll:

Over on WAP meanwhile, Chris Millar's MotM votes escalate off the scale almost as far as his passing fell off the the other end of the scale.

Did I see a different game.

You didn't get any support there either, and yes, you did see a different game:razz:

Not had time to read everyone's thoughts but I thought it was a decent game yesterday - all it lacked was some goals for us. We made more than enough chances, hit the woodwork, had two very good penalty claims turned down against a killie side that set out for a draw (Accie-esque timewasting antics included).

Muzz and Millar were excellent - interesting to see all the Saints players show more confidence and build from the back. Sammy and Peaso were both unlucky not to score - Doobs effort was just a centre-half's shot. Robertson looked decent when he came on - good to see a striker that won't let himself be shoved about.

The goals will come soon, I'm sure of it.