Wap superstars team to face Ormond Saints.

Can I just say a huge thanks to all the WAP team for turning up and giving a good account of themselves. 1 up at HT we succumbed in the second half through a combination of tiredness and good play by the Ormond Saints guys, with it finishing 4-1 to OS . For a team just thrown together I was very proud (copyright Sir Alex Ferguson) of the players. Everyone gave their all and you can't ask for more than that. Bit of a sneaky move by Larky to play up the hill and against the wind in the 1st half ( we weren't offered a toss up:wink:) pre-match,. But hey you live and learn and when we next play we will be wise to it:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Everyone did well but special mentions to a few guys. Edstar and Nelly78 played very very well and to DrewBlue I just have to say you had a great game. Just to let people know, Drew is 57 years young.. Made some crucial saves which kept us in it till near the end.

For OS we all agreed that Fernie wasa their man of the match with some fine goalkeeping. But for him it would have been much closer.

Thanks to the OS for the scran and a couple of cold ones back at the pub and thanks to the folk who came out to watch..And thanks to the ref who did a decent job under tricky circumstances and as is the case, took some stick for tghe ones he did get wrong:laugh::laugh::laugh:

All in all an enjoyable ( if not winning) day out.

Well done WAPPERS...:D:D:D:D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it was a good game - congratulations to Ormond Saints on their victory - they were just a bit too fit for us in the end! Big thanks to Ghostie and Larky for organising it.

I'm f**king knackered after my first game of football in a year, so going to bed!

Yep, it was a good game - congratulations to Ormond Saints on their victory - they were just a bit too fit for us in the end! Big thanks to Ghostie and Larky for organising it.

I'm f**king knackered after my first game of football in a year, so going to bed!

I reckon their pace up front killed us in the end...we didn't have the youngest back five in the world :? although, our centre half pairing were formidable and Baz played well too, as did others that filled in at the back. Drew in goals certainly surprised me with his agility and put in a great performance

Was good fun and was nice to put the boots on again....even if the soles of my feet are killing me today :sad: In fact, don't think there is a part of me that isn't hurting today :sad::sad:

Feeling the same Ed* as I never trained for this but wont happen the next time and i'm already be looking forward to it.Thought all our players treated the game in the right spirit and played very well.Fernie pulled off a couple of class saves and deserved his OS MoM award.

Double save from Beatson sticks in my mind, and the deflected effort he touched over the bar was quality too.

Not bad for a wee fat lad :wink::D

Double save from Beatson sticks in my mind, and the deflected effort he touched over the bar was quality too.

Not bad for a wee fat lad :wink::D

There was a shot from Nelly that was heading into the top corner.

Fernie's a good lad who you can always get a blether with.It was great playing against fellow saints fans as you dont get any crap about Dundee,Utd,Hibs,Hearts or the fod.

Like I said I will be in better shape:oops: the next time........hopefully:wink:.

Guest Mongy Max

Sounded like a good day had by all, well done to Ghostie for getting a WAP team together for it.

I would like to put myself forward for next match, as my operation is on 28th June both legs getting done on same day, see what these NHS sponge baths are really like!!

Just been through 8 hours of bloody torture. My Hamstring is a mess and pretty much everything I did at work today hurt like bejesus. My inability to bend over and pick things up without tears welling up in my eyes was perfect for national "drop it on the fecking floor day" Fitness club workout tonight has been binned. Looking like I am gonna be out of the game I was playing Wednesday and am a bit worried I might not make the 5's on saturday..

Still, it was a blast...:D:D:D:D

Just been through 8 hours of bloody torture. My Hamstring is a mess and pretty much everything I did at work today hurt like bejesus. My inability to bend over and pick things up without tears welling up in my eyes was perfect for national "drop it on the fecking floor day" Fitness club workout tonight has been binned. Looking like I am gonna be out of the game I was playing Wednesday and am a bit worried I might not make the 5's on saturday..

Still, it was a blast...:D:D:D:D

I got 35 minutes and to my amazement am only a wee bit stiff. Then again, I left all the running to youngsters like you Ghostie. Don't think we lost a goal when I was on the pitch either, and I completed three successful passes and the other two came off an opposition man and went out for a throw and a bye kick for us. Needless to say I am well pleased. I also was responsible for our goal since I gave Neil a lift (never mind Fernie's arse). :laugh:

well dont bore the rest of it by making it a sticky and put it in an appropriate forum.

payback for all your boring moaning about Deuchar last season - even on threads that had nothing to do with him up you popped with an anti-Doc rant :laugh::laugh::laugh: