Martin Hardie

Edstar101

Would you be keen on Saints re-signing Martin Hardie?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If MMMH had not been so troubled by injury, he would've had a place in our team in the last two seasons. It's just one of those things. He's enjoying an injury free period right now and doing what we all know he's capable of when he stays injury free. The trouble for him and the clubs he's with is that he doesn't always stay that way.

He had to have yet more pain killing injections at half time yesterday to get him back on the pitch, the guy is in grave danger of being a total invalid when he retires:sad:

He had to have yet more pain killing injections at half time yesterday to get him back on the pitch, the guy is in grave danger of being a total invalid when he retires:sad:

You are right, of course, but I'll post below what I put on another thread. I know he's not the answer and with all his injury problems:

It's really more a case of frustration on my part. If we were playing well, scoring goals and providing entertainment I wouldn't be too bothered. When you sit and watch a one man performance from someone like Hardie did yesterday it hammers it home how much our midfield is utter crap - jody, chris, muzz, the lot of them - I mean as a collective, not as individuals. Not an ounce of creativity between them. Is it a bad mix, cos they're not bad players?

in heinsight it was one of Del's biggest mistakes to let Hardie go. If we could have guaranteed he would have stayed fit for this long we definetly should have kept him.

If a fully-fit Hardie had played at Hampden the other day would we have rolled over as easily? i don't think so. The passion and drive Hardie brought to the team is exactly what Saints have been missing in what has been a tedious second half to the season.

However, as stated before we have to take it on the chin and look to the future

in heinsight it was one of Del's biggest mistakes to let Hardie go. If we could have guaranteed he would have stayed fit for this long we definetly should have kept him.

If a fully-fit Hardie had played at Hampden the other day would we have rolled over as easily? i don't think so. The passion and drive Hardie brought to the team is exactly what Saints have been missing in what has been a tedious second half to the season.

However, as stated before we have to take it on the chin and look to the future

With the best will in the world, he isn't fully fit though. He can't last in the 1st playing for the best team, never mind a bottom 6 SPL team where he'd need to work much harder.

Guest Mongy Max

Taking pain killing injections at half time just shows the heart of the guy. he was a lion for us, he has gone to dunfermline and taken his outstanding professional attitude with him. MMMH is and will be a legend at any club he plays for, purely for that fact.

Great player, great attitude, but he's done his bit for Saints, he's a legend here now let's let him be a legend for another team.

Was it gus macpherson he offered outside??

Taking pain killing injections at half time just shows the heart of the guy. he was a lion for us, he has gone to dunfermline and taken his outstanding professional attitude with him. MMMH is and will be a legend at any club he plays for, purely for that fact.

Great player, great attitude, but he's done his bit for Saints, he's a legend here now let's let him be a legend for another team.

He was a legend here, but you should see the AWE in which he is held at Dunfermline.

They even have that stupid remix thing with the voice over bits (bear with me I'm too old to know what its called) that suddenly cuts the music and a name or a phrase is said before the music kicks in again. Many voices in the music were all saying 'Martin Hardie'.

I was stunned at how they have taken to him. How we revered him x 1000.

Mind you, he has single handedly achieved what he almost did with us, but only in 9 matches. :laugh: Without him I doubt the Pars would be coming up.

Hope he doesn't end up crippled when he's older.

He has a massive question mark hanging over his fitness and ability to stay fit for a long period. When he burst his knee cap I was told by someone who was on duty that day that the surgeon was unsure whether he would be able to get back to playing at a top level. The fact that he has is a credit to the medical staff and the players commitment.

Words cannot explain how much of a immortal legend this guy is, IF Dunfermline win the title I will look back at 3 moments which won us the title, the two goals at the weekend there.

and

But the goal that really won the title and handed the initiative to Dunfermline came away up in Dingwall, infront of barely a handful of travelling fans and in the 4th minute of injury time,

MMM is a legend and was always one of my favourite players but part of our problem is that with a small squad we cannot afford to have players who are unlikely to be fit for most of the season.

Quite true. The problem was that Hardie was only one of those players - we still have the others!

Saints 33 games 18 goals - MMM 12 games 8 goals Suggests to me he is fit and good enough to still be playing for the Saints. Del made a giant clanger when he released him and I would have him back tomorrow. Talk of him being injury prone etc is bollocks. If he stays at Pars then I am sure next season in the SPL he will show us why we should have kept him.

Saints 33 games 18 goals - MMM 12 games 8 goals Suggests to me he is fit and good enough to still be playing for the Saints. Del made a giant clanger when he released him and I would have him back tomorrow. Talk of him being injury prone etc is bollocks. If he stays at Pars then I am sure next season in the SPL he will show us why we should have kept him.

Jamie Adams owed him last time they squared up, so nae fear!

After his injury during that bounce game with Falkirk he took a while to get fit again. When he recovered he went to Plastic Whistle on loan for one month. He was unable to fulfill his full month's loan and returned to us early - due to injury.

I agree he is a whole-hearted player who very rarely gives less than 100% during a game and never shirks a tackle. That's probably why he gets injured so often.