#39 - 09/04/11 - Dundee Utd 2-0 Saints - SPL

It,s nice to see Dundee Utd fans come on here and try to defend the indefensible ie Swansons blatant dive. Ok Anderson wasn't too clever in sticking out a leg but it is becoming much too common for cheats to delberately run into a player to get a penalty or someone sent off. I'm not just saying this because it was against us, I cringe sometimes when I see Peaso go down when hardly touched.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It,s nice to see Dundee Utd fans come on here and try to defend the indefensible ie Swansons blatant dive. Ok Anderson wasn't too clever in sticking out a leg but it is becoming much too common for cheats to delberately run into a player to get a penalty or someone sent off. I'm not just saying this because it was against us, I cringe sometimes when I see Peaso go down when hardly touched.

As I just posted on another thread;

As for Anderson, is a wild reckless lunge that could have injured a fellow professional not cheating? Is a 'professional' foul with no attempt to play the ball not cheating? Is Swanson supposed to wait till the hammer thrower ends his season?

I grew up watching Graeme Payne, Paul Sturrock and Kevin Gallacher getting booted off the park, such tacking is now outlawed and a good thing to. Swanson was a bit cute but had every reason to protect himself, if Anderson was stupid enough to get himself into that position, well cry me a river! I think the benefit of the doubt should go to the player with the skill not the lungeing dimwit!

Angus you need a blo***b! But you'd best work on the social skills or it will never happen :wink:

As I just posted on another thread;

As for Anderson, is a wild reckless lunge that could have injured a fellow professional not cheating? Is a 'professional' foul with no attempt to play the ball not cheating? Is Swanson supposed to wait till the hammer thrower ends his season?

I grew up watching Graeme Payne, Paul Sturrock and Kevin Gallacher getting booted off the park, such tacking is now outlawed and a good thing to. Swanson was a bit cute but had every reason to protect himself, if Anderson was stupid enough to get himself into that position, well cry me a river! I think the benefit of the doubt should go to the player with the skill not the lungeing dimwit!

Angus you need a blo***b! But you'd best work on the social skills or it will never happen :wink:

Still looking for this wild reckless lunge. Yes a professional foul is cheating and a booking is given, still doesn't explain why you have to come on and support a blatant cheat.

Still looking for this wild reckless lunge. Yes a professional foul is cheating and a booking is given, still doesn't explain why you have to come on and support a blatant cheat.

~FFS how many times! are the tackles from Anderson not cheating? Should he have been sent off? Would your forward not do the same? Shower of hypocrites!

~FFS how many times! are the tackles from Anderson not cheating? Should he have been sent off? Would your forward not do the same? Shower of hypocrites!

Our forward would have made the dive look convincing, yours on the other hand needs to up his techniques as they were pretty embarrassing. Suppose we should give the lad a medal for the effort.

Seeing as Swason is so lightweight and needs as much protection as possible you surely be angered that he threw himself to the ground like that? He could have injured his fragile wee body doing such wreck-less things. :eek:

Getting a little bit tetchy now aren't we?

Why don't you go back to the Arab site and you can all agree how great it is to have a shower of divers in your team.

Its a mans game, if wee boys cant take a tackle then they shouldnt be playing!! He dived clear and simple. Tackling is not cheating its part of the game however diving is not part of the game its ridiculous and is worse than a fully commited tackle anyday.

And you would dearly love to sign every one of them :wink:

Dream on, you get those who don't make it, Granger, Samuel etal!:wink:

Becoming a struggle to keep up the facade? All getting a little miffed that the big boys are picking on your greeting kids. If you feel you are getting kicked, kick back don't whine. Were you all bullied at school?

And you would dearly love to sign every one of them :wink:

Dream on, you get those who don't make it, Granger, Samuel etal!:wink:

Yes I would have some of them but would have to teach them that you have to play fair if you want to play for Saints.

Did you not try to sign Sammy before we stepped in?

I didn't want to get involved in this, but FFS the Utd fan who said bad tackling is illegal in the game, well no its not, its not against the rules to slide tackle a player, what Swanson has done is gotten a fellow proffesional in trouble, Ando is going to get a ban, as is McInnes and now possibly Dubbery. When discussing these events the SFA should take a good look at your wee cheating prick and ban him and all, he is a disgrace to football, as are all seriel divers, I dont deny we dont have players who occasionally go down easily, but I would be ashamed if Swanson was in our team doing that.

Oh and get real, as if McInnes went out and said to his players, just kick your suppossed 'flair' players, who did brilliantly against 10 I might add.

Lets get this straight a reckless lunge is ok cos its a mans game?

A professional foul with no attempt to play the ball is not cheating?

I know Perth is not really a footballing city but I think you will find both these acts against the rules and both easily fall into the category of cheating. If there are consequences for the player, tuftitty remind him its a man's game and he should take the punishment. As for McInnes and his clumsy efforts to deflect the fact that his team cannot score goals he too will have to take his punishment! Your team has scored 6 goals this year and none for 9...not Swansons fault. Swanson had every right to allow the referee to rectify his earlier error and send the clogging ba***** off the field of play.

Yes I would have some of them but would have to teach them that you have to play fair if you want to play for Saints.

Did you not try to sign Sammy before we stepped in?

Point 1- Are, Anderson's antics are an example of playing fair, St Johnstone style? Kick him hard and early! No wonder Scottish football is in such a state.

point 2- no, we shipped him out!

This is all hilarious coming from a Dundee Utd fan of course. They have Darren Dods and Gary Kenneth in their squad, who wouldn't know a timed tackled if one smacked them in the face.

HSF the difference is I am not the one spouting in moral judgement and pious pontification. If Darren Dods had done what Anderson had done I would be furious that a player of such experience was bested with such ease so early in the game, if it were Kensa, well, he is still a season away from being a top 6 centre back, but he may just make it, given time.

HSF the difference is I am not the one spouting in moral judgement and pious pontification. If Darren Dods had done what Anderson had done I would be furious that a player of such experience was bested with such ease so early in the game, if it were Kensa, well, he is still a season away from being a top 6 centre back, but he may just make it, given time.

So you admit that all your players actively cheat as you call it in every single game? In fact every player in the world who attempts a tackle which isn't executed in the way they would like it to happen are cheats?

**** sake, I get stick on here for supposedly knowing nothing about football, but you actually know nothing!

So you admit that all your players actively cheat as you call it in every single game? In fact every player in the world who attempts a tackle which isn't executed in the way they would like it to happen are cheats?

**** sake, I get stick on here for supposedly knowing nothing about football, but you actually know nothing!

I can see why you get stick, what are you talking about?:roll:

I can see why you get stick, what are you talking about?:roll:

You called Anderson a cheat because he went out to get Swanson by lunging in.

I watch football constantly and see players do this in every game, I see Dundee Utd players do this too. Now in your words they are cheats. So your team is full of cheats like every other team in the world.

You called Anderson a cheat because he went out to get Swanson by lunging in.

I watch football constantly and see players do this in every game, I see Dundee Utd players do this too. Now in your words they are cheats. So your team is full of cheats like every other team in the world.

Your still not getting it. Do you even notice the other team when watching a game? A wild lunge can be conceived of a cheating, a professional foul with no attempt to play the ball is straight forward premeditated cheating, so far only one St's poster has the gumption to admit this, the rest are feigning moral out rage at Swanson cos he did what every school boy is coached to do; if your marker is on a yellow and just escaped a red by the skin of his teeth, you run straight at him! Your forwards would do exactly the same, its called professional football. It is the Saints fans whose delicate sensibilities have been trampled by Swanson. Just as the best striker in Scotland at the moment is painted on these boards as some kind of pantomime villain. God knows what state yous would be in if Goodie had suckered your donkey in the same fashion!:wink: Still it was a moment of Goodie magic that secured the points, another fact yous seem keen to avoid in your collective sanctimonious huff!

Your still not getting it. Do you even notice the other team when watching a game? A wild lunge can be conceived of a cheating, a professional foul with no attempt to play the ball is straight forward premeditated cheating, so far only one St's poster has the gumption to admit this, the rest are feigning moral out rage at Swanson cos he did what every school boy is coached to do; if your marker is on a yellow and just escaped a red by the skin of his teeth, you run straight at him! Your forwards would do exactly the same, its called professional football. It is the Saints fans whose delicate sensibilities have been trampled by Swanson. Just as the best striker in Scotland at the moment is painted on these boards as some kind of pantomime villain. God knows what state yous would be in if Goodie had suckered your donkey in the same fashion!:wink: Still it was a moment of Goodie magic that secured the points, another fact yous seem keen to avoid in your collective sanctimonious huff!

It's not cheating it's called a mistake, it's called a mis-timed tackle, if it's dangerous play and a player is taken out and not the ball you book him for it, yes I agree but it is not cheating.

Everyone has different opinions, me I think his second tackle deserved a yellow after a warning for his first tackle. Another referee might agree with me, another referee might not have booked him for any tackles.

Swanson knew that the next tackle by Anderson would probably result in a yellow card and I am all for him trying to get an opposition players sent off, I'd hope our players would do exactly the same but I would hope they would go down after contact and not a dive. Yes you run straight at him and hope he sticks a foot out but when he doesn't you don't fall to the ground like you've just been shot.

Swanson did not need to dive like that, end of story!

Your second goal might never have came also if the ref had called the first goal correctly. It's all ifs and buts.

mmmmm watch those kettles flying about pot. Why are you bothering? You have your view, we have the correct view, no one is going to change but at least we are being sanctimonious on a forum dedicated to St Johnstone. It must be a sad life you live if you have to focus all your energies on a diddy team.

It's not cheating it's called a mistake, it's called a mis-timed tackle, if it's dangerous play and a player is taken out and not the ball you book him for it, yes I agree but it is not cheating.

Everyone has different opinions, me I think his second tackle deserved a yellow after a warning for his first tackle. Another referee might agree with me, another referee might not have booked him for any tackles.

Swanson knew that the next tackle by Anderson would probably result in a yellow card and I am all for him trying to get an opposition players sent off, I'd hope our players would do exactly the same but I would hope they would go down after contact and not a dive. Yes you run straight at him and hope he sticks a foot out but when he doesn't you don't fall to the ground like you've just been shot.

Swanson did not need to dive like that, end of story!

Your second goal might never have came also if the ref had called the first goal correctly. It's all ifs and buts.

HSF, this is becoming circular