#41 - 16/04/11 - Saints 3-0 Motherwell - Scottish Cup

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably our best chance to reach a Scottish cup final.Doesn't get any simpler than that.We have guys like Enkleman,Maybury,Morris,Doooobs who have played in these types of games before and should be able to get the rest of the guys into the right mindset.

Hopefully Midges' groin injury isn't as bad as first thought and word from McD is it was just a precautionary departure last night.Can't remember Saints resting so many players for a big game before,so just shows how far we've come.

Looks like Jordan will be on the bench with Sammy up top on his own.Any word on Morris yet or will he be on the bench for moral support.

TBH I dont care how many fans we take through to the game,as long as we give the team our full backing for the whole game no-one can have any complaints.

The last Semi at Hampden we were out-numbered 4 or 5 to 1 and we still out-sang the Cb's so I see no problems volume wise on Saturday.Put it this way,we do have a small support and are outnumbered most Saturdays but that doesn't stop us.

Lets hope its our turn at Hampden in a month's time.Safe journey to all the fans travelling to the game and lets do the club proud and sing yer hearts out for the lads.

BELIEVE

Yes I'm sure we can do it. But I can't be the only one who's not particularly looking forward to this due to recent form? Thank god we're in a semi final, eh?

Im dreading it, cant help but feel its going to be St Johnstone 0 again. I was going until my car went off roading on the way to work this morning.

Reluctant to even watch it on telly now.

Im dreading it, cant help but feel its going to be St Johnstone 0 again. I was going until my car went off roading on the way to work this morning.

Reluctant to even watch it on telly now.

Seriously, you need to blag a lift from someone saintj. Our team will need all the backing they can get. :neutral:

What is the latest on the injury front for Saturday.

Millar might be too soon to assess. Is Jody definately out ? Was Muzz injured last night ?

I presume MacKay and Granny only came off to be rested ?

Muzz defo not injured....Dels post match interview said that there were a few players who were always only going to play a part of the game, Muzz being one, Dave another. DIdnt mention Granny

He didnt say so directly, but the things he was saying sounded to me like Jody might be available.

Seriously, you need to blag a lift from someone saintj. Our team will need all the backing they can get. :neutral:

I know, I want to go and see us make the final and I'd be gutted if we won and I wasnt there but I've never felt so apathetic about a game. I've been dreading this for a while. I was excited about it when the draw was made but its a bit 'meh' now :cry:

Cannot believe people are not looking forward to this one. As has been said this is the best chance we have had to get to the cup final.Ok we are not scoring goals but I have not seen a team all season who I have not thought we could beat. We are playing reasonably well and are creating chances, goals will come and I am not an optimist but for once in my life I feel that this could be our year.

Cannot believe people are not looking forward to this one. As has been said this is the best chance we have had to get to the cup final.Ok we are not scoring goals but I have not seen a team all season who I have not thought we could beat. We are playing reasonably well and are creating chances, goals will come and I am not an optimist but for once in my life I feel that this could be our year.

I too am not looking forward to this game, like most folk because of the lack of goals. But who knows, this could be the game where our forwards get their act together.

COYS

Personally I'm looking forward to the day out but I'm struggling to get excited about the game itself. I'm sure when we're en route to the game the excitment will begin to build but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know.

As for the game, I will feel far more relaxed if we have Enkelman, Morris and Millar back. Upfront, Sammy & May. Though I expect to see a 4-5-1 as others have predicted as well.

Posted my thoughts on a team at this stage up last night in the man of the match thread, where there was a wee discussion about the merits of playing Maybury.

Enckelman

Mackay - Duberry - Anderson - Grainger

Invincibile - Millar - Morris - Davidson - Craig

Samuel

Subbies: Smith, Maybury, Robertson, May, Caddis