#41 - 16/04/11 - Saints 3-0 Motherwell - Scottish Cup

Even if Morris is fit, it would be surely too risky to start with him. I suspect he'll be on the bench, though, with Moon in his place.

I think the line up will be something like this:

Enckelman

Mackay - Duberry - Anderson - Grainger

Invincible - Millar - Moon - Davidson - Craig

Samuel

Subs: Smith, Maybury, Robertson, Morris, May

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a huge loss to be without our best player for the biggest game of the season.

A 50% Millar is 10x the player Kevin Moon will ever be so hopefully Millar makes it.

Aye, but if 100% of Milar = no end product, 50% of Millar is still = 0.

At least Mooner can go in a forward direction, sometimes. :laugh:

It would be a huge loss to be without our best player for the biggest game of the season.

A 50% Millar is 10x the player Kevin Moon will ever be so hopefully Millar makes it.

I disagree with this. For me, Midge should start over Mooner, especially at the moment as Mooner still getting back to match fitness.

But, a 50% Midge is not better than a fully fit Mooner, never mind 10x the player :?

Both have slightly different strengths and Mooner is defo more direct and forward thinking than Midge, although the latter has better positional sense and contributes more to the defensive side of the game.

So, to summarise, Midge for me, but not to the extent you feel

I disagree with this. For me, Midge should start over Mooner, especially at the moment as Mooner still getting back to match fitness.

But, a 50% Midge is not better than a fully fit Mooner, never mind 10x the player :?

Both have slightly different strengths and Mooner is defo more direct and forward thinking than Midge, although the latter has better positional sense and contributes more to the defensive side of the game.

So, to summarise, Midge for me, but not to the extent you feel

agreed

yeah probarly but for herdo to say a 50% millar is still 10% moer creative than moon he is joking

I didn't use the word creative.

Millar is our most important player. He's the one man you can rely on to be looking for the ball even when he's not at his best. He doesn't hide away and get rid of it asap (like Liam Craig and Murray Davidson for example.) His final ball lets him down at times, but it's no worse than the likes of Craig, Invincibile, Grainger etc. Chris Millar's ball retention is far superior to anyone else in our team.

I didn't use the word creative.

Millar is our most important player. He's the one man you can rely on to be looking for the ball even when he's not at his best. He doesn't hide away and get rid of it asap (like Liam Craig and Murray Davidson for example.) His final ball lets him down at times, but it's no worse than the likes of Craig, Invincibile, Grainger etc. Chris Millar's ball retention is far superior to anyone else in our team.

And likewise, nobody said Midge wasn't any of these things - the replies were in relation to the Mooner comparison

Just to throw it out there but what about Millar and Moon playing at the same time?

Would only ever happen if Morris not fit and Midge plays out right with Invincible on bench. Mooner in the middle with Muzz.

I reckon we need Invincibles potential goal threat at the moment though....which is greater than Midge's from that right midfield position (as Danny I would probably be positioned slightly further up the park)

Well, it's already the early hours of Saturday in Korea and won't be able to sleep with excitement ahead of this game. Wish I could be there to cheer Saints on but will watch online and sure the fans making the trip will give great backing. Biggest game in a long time and a real chance for players to write themselves into the history books. All I ask is they give 100% and leave it all out there. COME ON YOU SAINTS!

Last time I trained through to a Scots cup semi final we got a result, this time around I take the train through so we are going to get a result again. I am feeling very confident that we will win! Davidson, stand up and show the nation you are the top man.

1-0 Saints, Davidson goalscorer!

~Ought to be in the city centre around 10, probably head to the counting house...