Football Fans In Training

Tranmere Saintee

• 2 weeks later...

Serious Question-Any one feel like keeping me company tomorrow about 9ish for a wee Gym session at Bell's and a couple of laps(walking) round the Inch??

A few from earlier courses meet outside Bell's on Monday evenings for 3 laps of the inch. 18:45 sharp outside the main entrance. Put something here and we'll know to keep an eye out for you.

• 5 weeks later...

With the course approaching the final weeks i would like to say how great it has been for me.

Some main points for me are, Given up alcohol for the last ten weeks, said i would do 12 but may well extend that now, in that time i have been to 2 big Dinner type events and one SKA night and have not missed the drink a bit(and saved a fortune)

I though giving up fizzy juice would be hard, and dont get me wrong it was(to start with)after all i was a 10 to 17 can a day IRN BRU man, but i have now passed having cravings for the stuff and all going well have beaten a curse, and had been drugs or Alcohol i would have been given help for the problem,but try telling some one your a Fizzy Juice addict!.

I now attend the Gym at least twice a week and take Walks with my walking buddies(SLF), at least once a week, add to this my usual game of football on a Monday night, fives most midweeks, and sometimes more. then you would start to see why the weight is falling off me

Don't eat crisps and Chocolate bars at all now, and when i used to walk past the Fruit isle in the Supermarket to get to the Biscuits and cakes its now the other way round.

what the Fitt Club does to you is it breaks bad habits, encourages you to eat less and more healthier and encourages exercise.

One of my biggest shaming' s was the fact that due to working in the Leisure industry i get free access to 14 venues and had hardly stepped foot in any of them, now im a regular, and love it.

My other shaming was i would take the bus everywhere, even the short distance from Lark Avenue to the Town(A good walk then was to the bus stop)Bad habits broken and all helped by the following, you see when you start you are issued a Pedometer too measure the distance you walk , believe me that is some incentive to get out there and walk, the person that incorporated that wee idea into the Fitt Plan deserves a medal.

When i started the course i was 17 stone 10 and wore 42 inch jeans,i now weigh 15 stone 2(14 stone plus just round the corner) and have just bought a pair of 38 waist jeans

I cant remember the last time i was under 15 stone, but its a hellava long time ago, and i have now set a new target of 14 stone by the spring

And its all thanks to the Fitt Club.

Its not all about losing though as i have gained some new friends.

I will miss the whole set up but now have the motivation to do things i frankly couldn't be arsed doing before.

• 2 months later...

Soon be time for the big Football fans in Training challenge match on the Astro at McDiarmid Park.A team representing St.Johnstone will be taking on a team from Dunfermline FFIT on Sunday morning. Kick-off is 11am, so if you are at a loose end, why not pop up and give the guys your support. All of our guys have taken part in the programme and it is great testament to the success of FFIT that these guys are now able to play a full game of football given that prior to taking part, some would or could not have walked the length of themselves without being out of puff.

Well done everyone. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Soon be time for the big Football fans in Training challenge match on the Astro at McDiarmid Park.A team representing St.Johnstone will be taking on a team from Dunfermline FFIT on Sunday morning. Kick-off is 11am, so if you are at a loose end, why not pop up and give the guys your support. All of our guys have taken part in the programme and it is great testament to the success of FFIT that these guys are now able to play a full game of football given that prior to taking part, some would or could not have walked the length of themselves without being out of puff.

Well done everyone. :razz:

braw.i will do it.

dinnae delete the thread though.

With the course approaching the final weeks i would like to say how great it has been for me.

Some main points for me are, Given up alcohol for the last ten weeks, said i would do 12 but may well extend that now, in that time i have been to 2 big Dinner type events and one SKA night and have not missed the drink a bit(and saved a fortune)

I though giving up fizzy juice would be hard, and dont get me wrong it was(to start with)after all i was a 10 to 17 can a day IRN BRU man, but i have now passed having cravings for the stuff and all going well have beaten a curse, and had been drugs or Alcohol i would have been given help for the problem,but try telling some one your a Fizzy Juice addict!.

I now attend the Gym at least twice a week and take Walks with my walking buddies(SLF), at least once a week, add to this my usual game of football on a Monday night, fives most midweeks, and sometimes more. then you would start to see why the weight is falling off me

Don't eat crisps and Chocolate bars at all now, and when i used to walk past the Fruit isle in the Supermarket to get to the Biscuits and cakes its now the other way round.

what the Fitt Club does to you is it breaks bad habits, encourages you to eat less and more healthier and encourages exercise.

One of my biggest shaming' s was the fact that due to working in the Leisure industry i get free access to 14 venues and had hardly stepped foot in any of them, now im a regular, and love it.

My other shaming was i would take the bus everywhere, even the short distance from Lark Avenue to the Town(A good walk then was to the bus stop)Bad habits broken and all helped by the following, you see when you start you are issued a Pedometer too measure the distance you walk , believe me that is some incentive to get out there and walk, the person that incorporated that wee idea into the Fitt Plan deserves a medal.

When i started the course i was 17 stone 10 and wore 42 inch jeans,i now weigh 15 stone 2(14 stone plus just round the corner) and have just bought a pair of 38 waist jeans

I cant remember the last time i was under 15 stone, but its a hellava long time ago, and i have now set a new target of 14 stone by the spring

And its all thanks to the Fitt Club.

Its not all about losing though as i have gained some new friends.

I will miss the whole set up but now have the motivation to do things i frankly couldn't be arsed doing before.

i now weigh 14 stone 4

and before a wee injury was doing Circuits,Kettle Bells and Spinning once a week

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 1 month later...

The Hoodoo is over...Dundee Utd 1-2 St.Johnstone. The FFIT lads did Saints proud with a hard fought 2-1 victory at Gussie park this afternoon. Well done to both our lads who worked their socks off and fought like lions, and the Utd guys who ran us close. Game was played in a great spirit. Sore now, infact very sore, but worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

some handsome dudes in todays evening telegraph and also some outright ugly fuqers.check the coupon on ghostie ,am surprised the camera didnae break.

that evening tele is a  downright shit paper though.whats the point in buying a rag that has the fixtures of two dundee clubs but not the top team in the area.thats us.devoting space to a first division side and bottom six side.absolutely incredible.biase glakes.

• 4 weeks later...