Murray Davidson

Ali91

St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson and Watford's Don Cowie have dropped out of the squad following the defeat by Brazil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13423913.stm

Oh well, that's the final disappointment of the season. Thank God it's over. I really thought Murray would get some game time in one of these matches. So near and yet so far. :cry:

When the usual names start dropping out Levein will be falling over himself to get to Murray's number

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt he get one of Gerties ?

Nah, she's too selfish.:laugh:

But then so am I.:oops:

I'm not going over to Dublin till Saturday next week and was dreading missing Muzz get his first cap V Wales next wednesday. Couldn't have lived with myself for not being there.:wink:

• 5 weeks later...

I have heard strong indications from a high up memeber in the club, that saints are expecting to have sold Murray by the start of August, how much is anyones guess though, but if Fyvie does go for a million, then that iss rediculous, obviously biased, but I think Murray will still be the better player when Fyvie gets to 21.

Fyvie is not worth anywhere near £1m. Davidson won't be at the club for next season, but £1m would certainly make his departure worth it. Using the cash to sign a couple of strikers and investing some into younger players from lower divisions (potential future profit from sell-on) could lessen the blow of losing Murray.

What makes you think Fyvie is better. If he was any good then he wouldn't be playing in Aberdeen.

From what I've seen.

Second point is very naive. If Murray was any good he wouldn't be playing with Saints apparently.

Anyway, looks like both will be taking a step up next season.

I think these figures on Fyvie should be taken with a pinch of salt. He hasn't really played for a year. I wonder how many of our fans saw Murray at 18? Not slagging Fyvie as i have only seen him a couple of times, just trying to bring a bit of reality to this.

I think these figures on Fyvie should be taken with a pinch of salt. He hasn't really played for a year. I wonder how many of our fans saw Murray at 18? Not slagging Fyvie as i have only seen him a couple of times, just trying to bring a bit of reality to this.

How many players have we seen that looked like they were going to be players at 18 & never made it.

Davidson has proved himself over 2 seasons in the SPL. Fyvie looks a prospect & nothing more.

• 3 weeks later...
Whats happened to the alleged big move that was gonnae happen?

I could be miles off the mark here, but in my opinion, he isn't quite good enough for the OF or Premiership/Championship yet (I believe he will be this year), and no other teams of note are in the market place for contracted players. I'd love to see the total transfer fee payments outwith the OF in Scotland. I'd be surprised if there were more than a handful, and nothing close to what Murray would command as a reasonable price.

Good news for us I'd say, because clearly we didn't have to try and sell him to fund our team changes, and he's worth more to us for this season than we would have got for him.