Murray Davidson

Ali91

There is no point in Saints announcing a bid has been rejected (and stating this is because the asking price hasn't been met) unless they want to make other people aware bids are being made for Murray. It's an attempt to draw other suitors out of the woodwork.

Sounds pretty accurate. Probably also to focus Rangers to get real about it. Muzz may well be moving on before the weekend, and GB and Rangers will both know he's being looked at by a number of club. I think they've made a typically inane initial bid to see if they could get away with it - they'll be back. Perhaps we sell him to them, then get him on a season's loan from them as part of the deal? Sorted. :D

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£150k is a joke. They've already been criticised for offering £400k for Kenny Miller when the Turks had told them they wanted £900k which Cardiff promptly stepped in & paid. Perhaps Whyte thinks he can get players on the cheap. I'm sure some English clubs will meet Saints valuation in due course.

£400k would not be a poor offer. Some fans need to realise that there isn't much money in Scottish football! £400k + future incentives is probably about right, maybe slightly less than we would have liked but with no other offers on the table, we may well have to take it. We are going to get nowhere near what Wallace was bought for, as Wallace is 1) an international player and 2) I know for a fact there were offers from south of the border and that it was a bidding war. Unless there are some offers from down south for Muzz, £400k + incentives is as good as we can expect.

I am informed that Saints have received a second, very substantial offer for Davidson at some point this evening. Thats come from a 3rd party who had spoken with a "good source" from within McDiarmid. No further info on exact amounts however, it's understood to be over double the initial offer.

Too late now. Deadline was 11pm was it not?

Correct

I agree Dunc. Tell em straight 750K plus 20% sell on clause. Cash up front pay up or f uck-off

and he can't play against us... ever!

Post on twitter saying gers now table a bid of 550K with 400K of that up front .! we'll see we'll see

None of this lesser amount up front. If Whyte & Co want him that much, he should get his f**king wad out and stop fannying around! Otherwise, away and f**k off. You'd have thought his dealings with the Turks would've taught him a lesson... Fud

A friend of mine went to school with Murray and was speaking to him this evening. He has signed for Rangers, was there today. No doubt will be announced in the next couple of days. All the best Muzza.

I am informed that Saints have received a second, very substantial offer for Davidson at some point this evening. Thats come from a 3rd party who had spoken with a "good source" from within McDiarmid. No further info on exact amounts however, it's understood to be over double the initial offer.
Where have these knobbers come from.

My granny's said,her window cleaner has an auntie who shagged a policeman that used to arrest a guy that went to school with suppa Ali and she says she's got dimensia and does nae know what she's talking about.

You get me.

I think its sad if he does/has left. Why go there? Even if he is a fan. Surely Del or Cleland would advise him its best waiting and going down south. He'd develop far better in the Championship playing a higher standard of footbal weelk in week out. All he's down wi the *** is playing the same teams as he is now but for more cash. And more pressure

And I'm disappointed that GB has accepted somewhere in the region of 500k after their first derisory offer I'd have had the cheeky feckers jumpin through hoops.

In Fergies words, I wouldn't sell that lot a virus!

It's understood Rangers offered £150,000 rising to £250,000 for Davidson. St Johnstone chairman Geoff Brown refused to divulge details of the bid but quickly rejected it, stating: "It fell far short of our valuation. I am not going to say what the offer was but let's just say the time it took to respond was the time it took to type out no thank you. My response was immediate and I certainly didn't have to think about running it by the rest of the directors, or my manager.

"If a player is regarded by a club like Rangers as being a first-team squad man he must have a value. And they haven't come close to what we believe Murray is worth. I am sure they could get Murray on the cheap in comparison with the sort of money that is being thrown around in England. We don't want to close any doors because there is also a player here that we have to consider. But any club wanting Murray has to pay the going rate."

FROM THE SCOTSMAN

£400k would not be a poor offer. Some fans need to realise that there isn't much money in Scottish football! £400k + future incentives is probably about right, maybe slightly less than we would have liked but with no other offers on the table, we may well have to take it. We are going to get nowhere near what Wallace was bought for, as Wallace is 1) an international player and 2) I know for a fact there were offers from south of the border and that it was a bidding war. Unless there are some offers from down south for Muzz, £400k + incentives is as good as we can expect.
Most teams would have to take the first offer,Saints on the other hand are in the black,own their stadium and live within their means.Rangers have just been bought over by a rich suga daddy with money to spend,so why would nt we hold out for what he's worth.

My granny's said,her window cleaner has an auntie who shagged a policeman that used to arrest a guy that went to school with suppa Ali and she says she's got dimensia and does nae know what she's talking about.

You get me.

Well someone's touchy about newcomers trying to provide some accurate insite into a related thread!! Perhaps should have gone to bed earlier? Just saying!!Actually, a friend of mine called Rebecca, has a friend who's into phones and he apparently was listening into one of GB's phone calls!! Not sure if thats even possible in this day and age!! :wink:

Well someone's touchy about newcomers trying to provide some accurate insite into a related thread!! Perhaps should have gone to bed earlier? Just saying!!Actually, a friend of mine called Rebecca, has a friend who's into phones and he apparently was listening into one of GB's phone calls!! Not sure if thats even possible in this day and age!! :wink:

More like wired to the moon

CB's,dont you just love 'em

Edited by Dr Christmas Jones

You get me.

so funny! :D

Some questions.

Does Rebecca's friend work for Rupert Murdoch?

Is Rebecca hot??:laugh:

Yep, David Murray has indeed gone :)

i was in the sarcastic side seems alot of people are just writing things putting reliable source and suddenly its gospel, like jimmy jambo the dog walker overheard a phone call to real madrid so its def happening