Murray Davidson

Ali91

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600k would be decent, i love muzz as a player but he was not the difference in us staying up last season, and its not like if he goes we will our main defensive player or our creative force or goalscoring threat, he is a decent all round player but he is not a gamechanger. sell him get winger(s) and build up our bank balance.

sorted

£600k is a fair price but I'd want cash wouldn't trust them to pay by BACS 'readies or beat it'.

I take it you use the term 'fair' loosely.

A player with the talent and potential such as that shown by Murray Davidson renders him of a much greater value than £600k!

He has grabbed the attention of quite a few English clubs, including 4 or 5 Premiership clubs. Our current international boss, whom is considered a very good judge of players, is quoted as being "very impressed by Murray's style of play".

A very similar situation has arisen in Poland where Cracovia's (a team with similar standing and financial constraints to Saints) 21 year old, combative central midfielder Mateusz Klich, who has been receiving plaudits from all over Poland, but their chairman refused to let him leave on the cheap to other Polish premier league teams, even though Cracovia are a "selling club." They turned down offers from Wisla Krakow (Rangers) and Slask Wroclaw (Celtic / Hearts equivalent) in the region on 500000 euros. They held on to him for a season where he was a standout player. They have sold him in recent weeks to Wolfsburg for, 1.5 million Euros.

Not and identical situation but I think you'll agree very similar!

DONT DO IT GEOFF. He will be worth £1 million in January when teams are scrambling.

How can a player who failed to score a league goal in an entire season be worth a million? Have a think!

Barry Ferguson has started 108 Premiership matches and scored . . . . . . ONE GOAL. . . . . . in that league. Since 1997 when he made his debut against Hearts, to 2011 where he is playing for Blackpool, he has clocked up around £15 million in transfer fees.

HAVE A THINK!

Lennon and Ferguson are both leaders SPL winners and have plenty caps for their countries

Hence the amount spent for their services

That has nothing to do with your statement.

You said he could not be worth £1m as he had not scored. So now he is not a leader.

He is a young professional who is showing great promise and this is something we as saints should be praising not trying to knock the boy down.

Lennon and Ferguson are both leaders SPL winners and have plenty caps for their countries

Hence the amount spent for their services

Ferguson - gets pissed on international duty and flicks v-signs at the tartan army.

Lennon - gets involved in controversy at any opportunity, throws the toys out of the pram when not getting his own way.

Yes Jim, two fantastic leaders you got there:roll:

Can anyone adequately explain why Muzz appears to have dropped out of the Scotland set-up despite never getting the chance to prove himself....or is just another plot to get him to the **** on the cheap?

Levin apparently wants to make the Scotland squad "difficult to get into". I get the feeling that he's trying to develop a club mentality/spirit. Unfortunately for the likes of Muzz, this means that Fringe players may not get a chance as soon as they otherwise would.

I kinda of agree with what he's doing though, despite it's repercussions for us.

Edited by Pop

Can anyone adequately explain why Muzz appears to have dropped out of the Scotland set-up despite never getting the chance to prove himself....or is just another plot to get him to the **** on the cheap?

There is only 1 reason. He is not good enough.