Do you still trust Del??

The Neutral

Do you still trust Del  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have faith in him, that he is doing and will continue to do the best he can for his employer and it's fans, namely St Johnstone FC.

He'd be mad not to.

Mistakes have been made and will continue to be made. That's life.

Yes - because he's a young manager. He's had a bad season with signings and performances, but he'll learn from that. Every decent manager has a dodgy period. This (hopefully) has been his.

(Normally 8th place in the Premier and a cup semi would be pretty good going, actually, but given the quality of clubs around us, and our undoubted luck in the cup draw, I don't think that's the case)

I will be honest. I am not sure. The make shift side he put together on Tuesday played better, IMO, than the side he put out yesterday.

He got Saints up, kept them in the SPL & to Scottish Cup Semi Final.

Can he take Saints to the next step of getting top 6? I don't know. Some of his signings have irked me to be honest, but I can fully accept that he saw some thing better those that I haven't rated (JMW, Invincible, Taylor) and they have let him down.

For me it is too early to judge Robertson given the circumstances he (through his own fault) that took him out of football. He looks like he could be a good signing but is very rusty.

As with anything time will tell BUT do we have time? Reconstruction could conspire against Del and a fresh broom may be what is needed to take Saints up a stage. Settling for 8th will not be enough going forward and the club must be aiming to 6th to be sure in future.

I will be honest. I am not sure. The make shift side he put together on Tuesday played better, IMO, than the side he put out yesterday.

He got Saints up, kept them in the SPL & to Scottish Cup Semi Final.

Can he take Saints to the next step of getting top 6? I don't know. Some of his signings have irked me to be honest, but I can fully accept that he saw some thing better those that I haven't rated (JMW, Invincible, Taylor) and they have let him down.

For me it is too early to judge Robertson given the circumstances he (through his own fault) that took him out of football. He looks like he could be a good signing but is very rusty.

As with anything time will tell BUT do we have time? Reconstruction could conspire against Del and a fresh broom may be what is needed to take Saints up a stage. Settling for 8th will not be enough going forward and the club must be aiming to 6th to be sure in future.

Where is this assumption of 8th coming from.....we could easily finish 10th or 11th...especially if we finish this season with the apathy we finished last season

Where is this assumption of 8th coming from.....we could easily finish 10th or 11th...especially if we finish this season with the apathy we finished last season

From speaking to other Saints fans an awful lot of people think 8th is nice and safe and Saints level. I used it to illustrate that with reconstruction this may not be as safe as people think. I was speaking generally bud.

no. anti-football tactics suck! We are a physical team who stop the opposition playing football and while hussle and bussle we create nothing. We simply wait and see what happens as opposed to going out to attack teams. We are well reheresed and thats about it. He messed about with the team in the 2 weeks lead up to a semi final on the basis we all thought he knew what he was doing, but in all honesty it backfired. Does he know his best starting 11? Cos I dont know it either!

From speaking to other Saints fans an awful lot of people think 8th is nice and safe and Saints level. I used it to illustrate that with reconstruction this may not be as safe as people think. I was speaking generally bud.

Wasnt having a go MS....just pointing out that several people mentioned that a SC semi and 8th in the league would be termed as a success....I was merely saying that we aint finished 8th yet.

For the record,IMO 8th for a team of Saints size is a good benchmark and a decent achievement. I think the concern is more the nature of our performances and lack of goals, even if we finish 8th after the next 5 games- the feeling will not be the same as the 8th last season (if that makes sense)

Yes but I think if Del gets an offer from a championship side in the summer he will be off. His financial limitations will start to bother and hinder him, he won't want to miss out on a big team before his chances fade away.

Do you not think he has a bit more to do at saints, before a bigger job will be an option?

I think Del has a bit more experience to get before a Championship side will look at him seriously. His signings so far (in general) have not improved the quality of the squad. Whilst defensively (back four and midfield) we have been okay and that combined with a crap Hamilton hase kept us up this season. However, despite an abundance of strikers, only 18 goals is abysmal. In reality none of strikers are SPL class and I couldn't see them getting a game for any other SPL side. Let's see what Del does in the summer and then assess if he really can take us forward. :roll:

Watching Dels post match interview, you could see how much he was hurting and how disapointed he was in his players.

The line that he said about knowing the problems and that they will be doing something about them was interesting as was the bit about him knowing the players he can rely on should they get to this stage again.

I think that a clearout from Del is coming as yesterday really highlighted how poor some of the players we have are.

Yesterdays display could actually be a blessing in disguise given that it has opened Dels eyes to the true nature of some of his players.

The goodwill generated by his first couple of seasons still sees the balance of opinion fall on the positive side, but the gap is closing very quickly.

Just what I said on Saturday.

Forget what he may have achieved.

He will be judged from this moment on.